Hints & Tips
Disable the audible seat belt alarm
- Switch on ignition
- Insert & remove seat belt latch 9 times within one minute. It helps to hold the release button down.
- The D3 will bing to say it's disabled.
Note that the red seat belt warning light will still appear on the dash.
ONLY do this if you really can remember to use your seat belt. Safety first!
Repeat the above procedure to enable the audible alarm.
- If you are constantly in and out of the D3 for any reason and do not wear your belt, the alarm can get annoying.
- If you place items on the empty passenger seat the alarm will go off over bumpy ground.
- If you lean on the passenger seat while the engine is running the alarm will go off.
Getting the alarm to use the horns
- Open the bonnet and open the drivers side box
- Locate the alarm sounder, its just behind the ABS module and to the left of the brake servo (It has volvo on it)
- On the alarm sounder there's a plug with three wires coming from it. You need to disconnect this, It is fiddly - a small flat blade screwdriver might help to remove it. Then just tuck it away.
- Once you have done the above the alarm system defaults to the horns.
To test lock the car give it 30 secs and then open the passengers door manually with the key this will set the alarm off.
Disable/enable the automatic interior lights
- Press and hold the middle button in the overhead console for about 5 seconds
- The interior lights will flash
- The message centre will display "INTERIOR LIGHTS OFF"
- The interior lights will now stay off when a door is opened
Repeat the above procedure to enable the automatic interior lights
The message centre will display "INTERIOR LIGHTS AUTOMATIC"
The Land Rover button of Discovery 3's key fob (bottom of the 3 buttons, with the 'Land Rover' logo on it) can be programmed to do one of four things - trigger the panic alarm; turn on the 'follow-me-home' headlights; raise or lower the suspension; or release the upper-rear tailgate.
- To set the panic alarm, insert the key in to the ignition (position two) and then remove the key from the ignition. Immediately after, hold down the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst pressing the hazard warning light button on the dashboard.
- To set the remote to turn on the headlights, insert the key to position two and then remove it. Hold down the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst flashing the headlights (by pulling the headlight control stalk). The amount of time the lights remain on for depends on the headlamp delay setting (which can be changed within the Settings menu of the digital display).
- To set the remote to raise or lower the air suspension, turn off the engine and remove the key. Within one minute, press and hold the Land Rover button on the key fob whilst pressing the air suspension control lever on the Terrain Response area of the centre console (to either position, up or down). The suspension can then be adjusted using the remote key fob. The hazard warning lights must first be turned on and all doors closed. To raise the suspension, hold down the Land Rover button whilst pressing and holding the lock button. To lower the suspension, hold down the Land Rover button whilst pressing and holding the unlock button.
- To set the remote to release the tailgate, press and hold the Land Rover button on the fob and then release the tailgate (either by opening in outside or by pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons on the dashboard together).
Once the remote has been successfully programmed, the vehicle will 'bong' to confirm.
See the Tips & Tricks area on the forum for more tips.