Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Interior] Check your sunroofs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>
primoreggazzo

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

i took mine in under warranty to stratstone, shirley.....totally fobbed me off and said it wasnt covered under the extended warranty...i couldnt be bothered to argue with them as they have been totally inept with previous landies i have had cause to take there...... so made a B line for guy salmon coventry (where i purchased the disco from)...absolutely no problem...its booked in later in the month (only because i need a loaner for the day)
cost of new rack is approx £600 plus 3-4 hours labour...all under warranty.....

PS. this fault apparently was news to both garages and both had never had seen or heard of the issue before......mmmm funny that......................

One month or so later...finally got this issue sorted....it took a lot of wrangling...a LR warranty assessor was sent out to look at the problem and seemed to think the cracks were fabrication marks and initially didnt authorise the work, so along with the service manager at guy salmon coventry...who agreed with me that they were cracks, wrote to the LR warranty administrator and complained and sent in photos.....work has now been completed but what a headache to get any works done under the warranty.......

Last edited by primoreggazzo on 10th Mar 2009 9:24 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4137622nd Feb 2009 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ant

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi, Does anyone know how long the stealer will take to carry out the mod or how many warrant hours the SB allows?
Ant

Post #41914110th Feb 2009 2:13 pm
fito

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

After reading this articule, I've checked mines and they were also cracked, I took my LR3 2005 this week to the dealer Land Rover Pasadena and they not only replaced the cracked sunroof rails, but also replace the whole sunrooof motor and components, right on time since my 4 year warranty expires on May this year. By fact finding with the dealer advisor I'm the first person bringing this problem to their attention, good on you guys posting this isue, after warranty expires is probably quite expensive to replace the whole thing Thumbs Up

Post #43029428th Feb 2009 2:49 am
Mounty

Switzerland 

Thanks to this site I had mine recently replaced before waranty runs out in june. In another forum where I'm busy, everyone has the same problem. Think LR is sitting this out Twisted Evil Why is there no offcial recall?
 Daniel

Now: RSS 2008 3,6l HSE
Past: 2.7l D3 HSE, D3 4.4l HSE, FFRR 2004 4,4l 

Post #44486326th Mar 2009 9:03 pm
paulJ1

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I have LR Select warranty, has anyone had the sunroof fixed on a select warranty ?
 Got our Disco... Love it.....  
Post #4482201st Apr 2009 10:10 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

'Recalls' are only for safety related issues, whilst a leaking sunroof may be an inconvenience or a pain in the @rse, they're likely to be dealt with on a 'customer complaint basis' in common with most vehicle manufacturers

Post #4482231st Apr 2009 10:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
primoreggazzo

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
'Recalls' are only for safety related issues, whilst a leaking sunroof may be an inconvenience or a pain in the @rse, they're likely to be dealt with on a 'customer complaint basis' in common with most vehicle manufacturers

so you wouldnt agree that cracks to the sunroof frame doesnt qualify as a safety related issue Shocked

Post #4483492nd Apr 2009 8:20 am
troverman

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

We have the cracked plastic sunroof frame on both sides too; noticed it when cleaning out plugged sunroof drains. Since we're out of warranty, going to live with it (roof works fine) and hope the metal underneath will prevent actual sunroof loss when (if) it breaks. Land Rover should recall this.
 Current Rovers:
2005 LR3 V8 SE
1992 Range Rover County
1997 Range Rover 4.0SE

Previous Rovers:
2000 Discovery II SD
1995 Range Rover 4.0SE
1992 Range Rover County

Also Current:
2012 Volkswagen GTI 2.0 TSI
1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
1999 Audi A8 4.2 quattro 

Post #4500826th Apr 2009 4:56 pm
paulJ1

Update: I have an 04 plate D3 on 68000miles with a LR Select Warranty.

Summary: Snowballs chance in hell of getting dealer, LR warranty or LR customer service even vaguely interested.

Spoke to customer care, who went to great lengths to remind me that they do not acknowledge that there is a known fault.

Will send them a letter notifying them of this safety fault, and that the sunroof is not fit for purpose, asking for their opinion. Reminding them that if in the event of a full failure doing 80mph on the M1 and possibly killing someone, i will give the judge the letter showing that I asked LR for their opinion. Lets see what happens then.

Paul
Post #4501116th Apr 2009 6:34 pm
zaphod

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Unlikely to get much sympathy from the Judge if it fails at 80mph Whistle perhaps try 70mph......
 Sail Fast - Live Slow...

.. / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... . .-. . / -- -.-- / - --- .-- . .-.. / .. ... 

Post #4502816th Apr 2009 11:25 pm
Ewart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

My sunroof does not work. It's dead, like not even a click from a relay to show there's life somewhere. Fuse No. 20 is OK and a quick check with the volmeter shows power to the switch and also to the 'black box' adjacent to the sunroof motor. Does anyone have a suggestion where to start?

Post #45649419th Apr 2009 3:07 pm
paulJ1

Update - Sent letter to LR Customer support, saying that as they and the dealer told me it is not a safety issue and that it is present on a large number of vehicles, that I have nothing to worry about, please can they write back to confirm. That should get an interesting response !

On the sun roof not working, I had same issue, you need to recalibrate, says how to do it in manual, key position 1, hold sun roof button for 20s, something like that, been fine since.
Post #45697920th Apr 2009 6:27 pm
Ewart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Laughing Paul, Thanks for the great advice. I am hooked on this forum. I fixed the drains on the sunroof too, so happy all round. Moral to the story is if all else fails read the manual. Thanks again Paul.

Post #45719621st Apr 2009 10:28 am
Ollram

Greece 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

any news whether the plastic sunroof frame (which is almost cracked on every D3) has now be replaced by a sturdier frame??? Or Dealers install the same plastic one???

Post #45782822nd Apr 2009 8:24 pm
paulJ1

update

I wrote my letter to LR Customer Service, unfortunately it seems they cant read. In the letter i stated that both the dealer and LR Customer Service had told me that the cracking was not a safety issue, in their reply they told me to appoint the services of a dealer so they could give me some "reassurance" !!!

They also said in the letter that the technical team was not aware of the issue.

I have asked them to actually read my letter and answer the questions i put to them !! Lets see what they reply with now.

Can we set up a poll to see how many people have and have not got cracks ?
Post #46061129th Apr 2009 9:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >