Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

10FC TDV6 HSE Manual
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
10FC TDV6 HSE Manual

Right, thought long and hard about this...
My Disco has a defect Shocked nope, paintwork's fine... even the roof (most of it's glass)PDC works fine, gearbox is perfect also... no cosmetic interior problems, sat-nav is reliable & accurate.... starts OK, no error messages
Everybody loves it - even got a double Thumbs Up from some guy on a pelican crossing earlier 8) slowly getting used to the EPB as well
If you've got this far, i'll let you in on my dilemna... Big 5 found a small, but significant nick in the insulation to one of the cables to the FBH, copper exposed but no damage. My immediate reaction was return-to-dealer... however... everything works fine and I DON'T want the hassle of the dealer replacing the engine bay loom, or part of it.... it just doesn't seem right Rolling Eyes although in many ways it's against the grain, i'll put a blob of silicone sealant on it for now and MAYBE let the dealer solder it and put some hellermann sleeving on it... or I might do it myself... I know it's a 'small' defect, and not really a problem but to be honest, i'm Censored scared of anyone doing more than an oil & filter change on it. the reason? well many years ago I worked as a vehicle electrician and later for the RAC, many problems with vehicles were caused by the monkeys in the dealerships, changing parts with a shotgun approach, very rarely did they understand the vehicles they were working on and in the majority of cases, caused more problems than they solved Mad
soooo.... Do I repair myself... or advise the dealer, who will no doubt want to replace the loom... or advise the dealer and state that I want the damaged cable repairing in situ - and then have a protracted discussion about LR 'procedures'????

Post #1759116th Sep 2005 12:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Get them to replace it but insist you watch them do it. They won't mind if they've got nothing to hide
 The End  
Post #1759716th Sep 2005 1:15 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: 10FC TDV6 HSE Manual

10forcash wrote:
Big 5 found a small, but significant nick in the insulation to one of the cables to the FBH

Blimey, he's good Shocked

I would get them to replace whilst you watch them (so you know exactly what they've done). Perhaps get them to explain how involved a job it is first so you can make a more informed judgement depending on how much of the Disco they need to dismantle? Confused
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #1760116th Sep 2005 2:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

Re: 10FC TDV6 HSE Manual

Martin wrote:
10forcash wrote:
Big 5 found a small, but significant nick in the insulation to one of the cables to the FBH

Blimey, he's good Shocked

I would get them to replace whilst you watch them (so you know exactly what they've done). Perhaps get them to explain how involved a job it is first so you can make a more informed judgement depending on how much of the Disco they need to dismantle? Confused
Yer, must admit, I missed it Embarassed
Still not sure what to do... common sense says let them replace the loom ....my (ir?)rational fear of the average dealers chimps (not just LR, most dealers i've seen are all of the same standard, whatever the marque) says insist on a repair in - situ or do it meself..... but for now, the blob of silicone is going on....

Post #1760516th Sep 2005 7:38 am
10forcash

Anyway......
I was asked last night to give one of big 5's 'female aquaintances' (or is that accomplices?) a lift home as apparently " the bus just went straight past her" Rolling Eyes ... which I suppose it would do with big 5 tongue - wrestling her Shocked errrr. where was I going with this... Ahhh.... So there I was, just about to 'boot up' the beast and I thought... hmmmm best put the lights on... so I did Rolling Eyes THEN, on start-up the adaptive lights do a little dance BRILLIANT!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing started the car abought half a dozen times just to watch it Very Happy ( I dont think she'll be asking for a lift again, especially when I asked if she'd seen big 5 eating dog food, an if she hasn't, would she like to see a photo? - that and the "do you like my bollards" Shocked didn't get the reaction i'd hoped Rolling Eyes )
the other thing I like about the lighting is the LED that shines down onto the gear lever and TR area

and the sound system Thumbs Up it just suprises me the glass doesnt pop out!

Post #1760916th Sep 2005 7:47 am
BN

England 

So I take it you are still enjoying it then Shocked

Post #1761316th Sep 2005 8:36 am
10forcash

BN wrote:
Yer, you could say that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  
Post #1762616th Sep 2005 9:06 am
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
Yer, you could say that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would never have guessed, wish I had one to enjoy still.

Post #1762816th Sep 2005 9:08 am
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
LED's

Pleased to hear that you are liking the new car TFC, help me out here. Those LED's, are they a HSE spec thing or are we all meant to have them? I never seem to find them in daylight hours and am too busy dribbling and chuckling with fun when driving at night and demonstarting night blinding techniques to other road users.

Post #1762916th Sep 2005 9:35 am
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I only found the LED last night! Embarassed
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #1763016th Sep 2005 9:49 am
10forcash

Just had to go and look... Embarassed there's only one, recessed into the headlining just in front of the map / courtesy light assembly IIRC it has it's own ambient light sensor and varies dependent upon conditions. If you wave your hand in front of the courtesy light (with the lights on and in the dark) you'll see a shadow over the area it illuminates, as far as the spec goes, I think it's all levels

Post #1763316th Sep 2005 9:56 am
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Nickhearne wrote:
I only found the LED last night! Embarassed

Is that the first time you've driven at night then, Nick or are you optically challenged like me Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter its a nice touch though don't you think.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #1763416th Sep 2005 10:00 am
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Right, I will have a look tonight when the wife brings back the Tonka Toy. Nick are you travelling up this weekend to Rockingham?

Post #1764116th Sep 2005 10:35 am
Pelyma

England 

I'm going to have to have a closer look, only had mine since January!! Is this the waterfall lighting people talk about?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1764316th Sep 2005 10:42 am
10forcash

Pelyma wrote:
I'm going to have to have a closer look, only had mine since January!! Is this the waterfall lighting people talk about?
could be.... never heard it called that though (in fact, i've never heard it called anything Rolling Eyes )  
Post #1764516th Sep 2005 10:44 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >