10FC TDV6 HSE Manual
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
The only NVG's that you have are two gin bottle bottoms stuck to your face Wink
Does that make it Night Vision Gin then?

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

But everyone knows alcohol is the best ever night vision aid I can guarantee to miss every squeaky step going upstairs when I am drunk but not when I am sober. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #1767716th Sep 2005 1:36 pm
BN

England 

scorpio wrote:
10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
The only NVG's that you have are two gin bottle bottoms stuck to your face Wink
Does that make it Night Vision Gin then?

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

But everyone knows alcohol is the best ever night vision aid I can guarantee to miss every squeaky step going upstairs when I am drunk but not when I am sober. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter thats about spot on Very Happy

Post #1767816th Sep 2005 1:37 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
And another thing...

Has anyone else noticed that the detachable towbar is a pain in the Censored to get out of it's stowage? Had to really tug on it - and yes, that was after taking the friction strap off it... when it finally gave iup resisting me and came out, two of the fuses were dislodged Rolling Eyes from the aux & rear lighting strip of fuses... getting it back in was aided by a swift kick Shocked
On the plus side, i'm thinking of getting the extra rear divider (with the gate on), we already have the normal dog guard and even having a big dog, he looks lost in the boot, so we would be able to safely carry the dog and luggage at the same time (plus use it for any captured prey - watch out Victor Meldrew ) I'm also happy with the AUX input for me iPod.... need to tidy up the cables a bit but it works and sounds well Wink

A curious thing though... both the front sunvisors have illuminated vanity mirrors Question No doub't there will be various theories on this one... I think it's so Victor Meldrew can find where he left his glasses Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Post #1768316th Sep 2005 1:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
Scorpio, you have an S like mine and I don't think they have one. Can't check until tonight, when I get the car back though, interesting.

No Brian, that can't be right because I have it and I've only got the entry level 7 seater.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #1769216th Sep 2005 2:11 pm
scorpio

I have got it never seen it before but been outside playing to just what it does illuminate Neighbours think I am barmy. Laughing Laughing

Post #1772116th Sep 2005 8:25 pm
10forcash

scorpio wrote:
I have got it never seen it before but been outside playing to just what it does illuminate Neighbours think I am barmy. Laughing Laughing
They're not the only ones Shocked ... or so Brian says Wink Laughing Laughing  
Post #1772416th Sep 2005 9:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Yes, now I have the car back I have checked also. I have the little blue LED, I think it is to make the gin look more appealling with a blue tinge. Ice gin?

What on earth is it for?

Post #1772616th Sep 2005 9:33 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
Yes, now I have the car back I have checked also. I have the little blue LED, I think it is to make the gin look more appealling with a blue tinge. Ice gin?

What on earth is it for?
A talking point?.... it's certainly working on here Laughing Laughing  
Post #1772816th Sep 2005 9:35 pm
BN

England 

Come on who's read the book about the blue light, surely TFC has

Post #1773016th Sep 2005 9:45 pm
10forcash

BN wrote:
Come on who's read the book about the blue light, surely TFC has
OK, you got me Embarassed it just says it exists... although having fumbled around feeling for me tabs & lighter in the 'retro disco' it's a welcome improvement.... even if Mrs.10 has banned me from sparking up in it (for now Wink )  
Post #1773216th Sep 2005 9:51 pm
10forcash

On another subject....

The BT implementation is great, admittedly i've only tried it with various SE models but it 'just works' bit like Apple products....
Can't fault the voice recognition either - even with my lack of 'queens English' made several calls using voice recognition to dial the number and only once did it misinterpret the number - and then only one digit

Yep, there's a trend here... the vehicle is everything I wanted, thought it would be, hoped it would be.... and more Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #1773416th Sep 2005 9:55 pm
BN

England 
Re: On another subject....

10forcash wrote:
The BT implementation is great, admittedly i've only tried it with various SE models but it 'just works' bit like Apple products....
Can't fault the voice recognition either - even with my lack of 'queens English' made several calls using voice recognition to dial the number and only once did it misinterpret the number - and then only one digit

Yep, there's a trend here... the vehicle is everything I wanted, thought it would be, hoped it would be.... and more Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Heaven help the voice recognition, but I suppose it will get used to you, 'pleeeshe dial a nummmer' Wink

Post #1773616th Sep 2005 9:58 pm
scorpio

10forcash wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Nearly everyone who meets me thinks I am barmy so that makes no difference Laughing Laughing but Brian calling me Barmy that really takes the biscuit Rolling with laughter Thud

Post #1773716th Sep 2005 9:59 pm
10forcash

Re: On another subject....

BN wrote:
10forcash wrote:

Heaven help the voice recognition, but I suppose it will get used to you, 'pleeeshe dial a nummmer' Wink
well it does better than Mrs. 10 ..... and it says "sorry"... again, an improvement on Mrs.10 Shocked  
Post #1773816th Sep 2005 10:00 pm
BN

England 

scorpio wrote:
10forcash wrote:
scorpio wrote:

Nearly everyone who meets me thinks I am barmy so that makes no difference Laughing Laughing but Brian calling me Barmy that really takes the biscuit Rolling with laughter Thud

I never said that, it must have been TFC stitching me up again Shocked

Post #1774116th Sep 2005 10:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >