DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

1st year of owning the fantastic D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Stu atom

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
1st year of owning the fantastic D3

Hi Everyone ,

Now just hit my first year of owning the D3 and thought I better introduce my self as I have had a great help off the forum already in my first year . Milestone

I took the plunge and bought a 08 GS Java black with 62k miles and black leather interior.

Looked like this when I got it and as most of you will spot RRS wheels , so learning on here they have incorrect load rating got shot of .

Replaced them with a set of HSE wheels , which were rough so sprayed them Java Black with new centre caps.

The Mot was due a month after I bought it and it failed on two rear suspension arms and a wheel bearing , so it wasn't to bad but a bit of a hit straight away. Big Cry

Then I started this year with a good service and also gearbox mega flush , so hoping its all good for next Mot. Thumbs Up

The car over the year has been a complete joy to drive and own , still have a few small jobs to do like electric mirrors not working and the great man Geoff was kind enough to tell me my cruise control needs to be enabled in the CF, which I have had trouble finding someone to do near me .
{ bit like I'm asking for a booster rocket to send it to the moon}

Beside all that and the dog smell it came with { mass amount of cleaning carpets to get rid off} Rolling with laughter
I'm finally looking forward to driving any where and especially if its on long distance.

So lately wanted to do the D4 front end conversion , so started Rolling Eyes

Here it is now , just waiting on my fog light bezel's and must save up for one of Beanies D4 side vents to fit the D3 wing Thumbs Up

D4 front end went smooth but I had made a mistake on the front suspension line and nicked to leak air, thanks to Mike O & Woody32 for helping on that.

The car came with a noise on the front which sounded like exhaust shield rattle and the previous owner had it in at land rover but they said they couldn't find it .

The past month it seemed even louder , so I searched the forum and it came up as check lower belt tensioner and I did this weekend , check me pic below

Completely and totally absolutely Censored lucky and changed it today , I did it with out taking fan off , so am now part of the Mr Tickle club Mr. Green as seen on a post on removal of tensioner LOL

Thanks every one for help and such a great forum to help maintain the cars better.

Post #14685515th May 2015 12:11 am
MrWillfin

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Great to see a few tasteful mods to bring the car up to date!
I'm in a similar position, just new to the d3 scene having bought a non running v8 which needs mucho spanner time!

Out of interest, have you kept the D3 wings and just cut them to fit the lights?

Post #14685585th May 2015 3:39 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Did my aux belt tensioner this weekend too. Thumbs Up

Those D3 HSE wheels look much better with that conversion than any of the D4 ones, IMO. Best wheels around. Mr. Green
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #14686165th May 2015 9:45 am
Stu atom

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks guys ,

I did cut the drivers wing down using Robbies pattern download on the forum and replaced the pass wing with a D4 to gain the extra vent.

The 19" HSE wheels do look like a lot of alloy and chunky and so much easier to clean with less spokes.
Thumbs Up

Post #14687035th May 2015 2:06 pm
mark c0

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

wow looks amazing! can i ask what parts are needed for the D4 front end?

many thanks

mark

Post #149419828th Jun 2015 10:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >