Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 172 of 286 <123 ... 171172173 ... 284285286>
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Aberdeen LEZ - or put another way “a new scam so the council can make money out of everyday people”

The criteria used are based purely on the age of a vehicle and not it’s emissions, add to that they have targeted roads leading North out of the port so all ferry traffic will have to head south and make a 15 diversion to go 1/2 a mile north.. ( and guess where most of the traffic needs to go?) the biggest complaint in Aberdeen city centre is the lack of footfall on Union Street so so to address this the council (and Scottish Government) have decided to stop people getting there completely Evil or Very Mad good job I have no intention of ever going in there again… sheer madness!
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229385631st May 2022 9:35 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Censored noisy Rooks Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Censored 🔫🔫🔫
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #22938851st Jun 2022 5:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Agreed, some of the Rooks peck away at the bedroom Velux, now that’s particularly annoying.

Post #22938901st Jun 2022 7:37 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

stew 46 wrote:
Censored noisy Rooks Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Censored 🔫🔫🔫

Start a restaurant call The Compleat Rook and serve them up to Ronnie Corbett?

Nature red in tooth and claw but the way corvids can peck the eyes and tongue out of a lamb before it is fully out of the ewe is not nice (Chris Packham take note).

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22939281st Jun 2022 11:25 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Prague’s monthly siren test. Bleeding noisy!

Post #22939301st Jun 2022 11:31 am
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Come and live in Lanark. The state pen sounds off last Thursday in the month every month and has been known to mail function and it is if no one knows where the off button is! Bloody annoying as you say.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #22939701st Jun 2022 3:50 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Another day, another DPD Censored up, not one but two today....... Rolling Eyes

Gets a call on work phone on Saturday from DPD trying to deliver a parcel to work (I had updated their app saying we were closed and open again on Monday). Gets confirmation email that delivery will be made on Monday.

Monday comes and no delivery. I look on DPD app and it says parts were delivered and signed for by me at the work premises!!!!! I attempt to contact DPD but all I can do is 'book' a phone call back 'to discuss' today. I ask the supplier where are my parts and update them on DPD debacle.

Today I get a call from DPD and they claim that I personally collected the parts from their depot on Saturday about 15 miles away, er, no I didn't. So now we have two lies being told by the driver. I am then informed that they have five days to investigate with the driver what has happened to my parcel (the one I've both collected or signed for depending on what story you want to believe....). I ask why they don't ring him or give me his number and I'll ring him. Shutters go up and all of a sudden my supplier is the customer not me and cannot discuss any further.

I then get another call back saying they have located my parcel and it's at Morrison's "as you requested" - Again I think not, I didn't request it dropped anywhere except here. Push them on why three different stories now being told by the driver and that they can go fetch it from Morrison's and get it to me. Oh no, I am the customer and only I can get it from Morrison's. Well you can Censored right off on that one. Again they then decide that actually I am no longer the 'customer' so conversation ends. I may well have gone and got it but they can't actually tell me which Morrison's store it is at. I assume the driver forgot which one it was......

Ten minutes later a DPD driver is downstairs but its a different order being delivered. He obviously has never been here before, wasn't working Saturday and knows nothing....

He drops two large boxes and I pass them to stores. Five minutes later stores are back up saying the paperwork states there should be five boxes in that delivery.....FFS

Post #22946607th Jun 2022 1:43 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Technically DPD is correct in saying your supplier is their customer. However that does not excuse the rudeness and lies.

Multi parcel deliveries will have the shipping labels marked 1/5, 2/5 etc. We tend to put big stickers on saying 1/5, 2/5 etc so it is clear that it is a multi parcel drop both to customer and driver. Normally 1/5 would be the master one and you should be able to track the delayed parcels from that number. Alternatively any of the tracking numbers should take you to the other parcel numbers via the master number.

It is not unusual for multi parcel consignments to get split up in transit..

Couriers can be the biggest PIMA when things go wrong. We have had them lose parcels which are 2.5 metres long before now.

Brendan

Post #22946667th Jun 2022 2:52 pm
astonbuilder

I accept I am not their customer so why the Censored are they ringing me then? As I said to them I am the 'customer' when it suits them, ask a few awkward questions and all of a sudden 'computer says no'... Evil or Very Mad

Post #22947508th Jun 2022 7:16 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Censored Vodafone Evil or Very Mad my bandwidth has dropped from 63mbs to 0.12mbs on all my devices (phone, LTE router etc) completely unconnected devices, after the usual 30 minute wait to speak to someone you have to try and explain to them that as the same issue is affecting different devices ITS NOT MY DEVICES. The phone signal has also dropped from 4G (4 bars) to 3G (1 bar), again you have to explain to them that it might be a fault with their tower! Then when you finally get to speak to a technical person they ask you to “send copies of the speed tests you have by email” … so what part of I can’t send or receive email does not compute ? FFS

As I type this on my phone the tv stops working as the bandwidth is not enough to support web browsing and tv at the same time… only been going on for a week Censored
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #229516910th Jun 2022 9:58 pm
astonbuilder

DPD…….still Rolling Eyes

Despite having multiple deliveries from them this one parcel still can’t get to us. All the lies (posting further up) still “being investigated”, the driver’s five days to respond is up on Monday.

The supplier asked me for directions to pass onto them (“…but it’s supposedly at a Morrison’s store” Rolling Eyes ). So I, through them, have given verbal instructions (we’re just off the main road of the village, half way down the cul-de-sac on corner of a sharp 90 degree turn leading to a dead end, BIG sign and it’s a Censored off MASSIVE country manor type building in middle of new-build terraces in rest of road). I’ve given photos and WTW ‘address’ and on Friday it was still “nope, couldn’t find it”, FFS

Post #229521111th Jun 2022 11:28 am
defector

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Can you give them the "What3words" location?

Post #229523411th Jun 2022 2:13 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

defector wrote:

astonbuilder wrote:
I’ve given photos and WTW ‘address’ and on Friday it was still “nope, couldn’t find it”, FFS

WTW = What 3(Three) Words
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no. 

Last edited by NoDo$h on 11th Jun 2022 11:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #229526811th Jun 2022 6:39 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sometimes it is down to the fact that the delivery driver just can't see what he's looking for.
Worst (best?) example of this was a delivery addressed to the parish church, which is next to the town war memorial. Driver phones (I can't find the church"..."Where are you?" "Stopped facing the war memorial"....."OK, just look for a very big old building to your right, that's the parish church". We could see his van from the church door, and he didn't appreciate the phone call as he raced off in the wrong direction without bothering to look to his right. He did (eventually) make the delivery, but with much grumbling about he'd be late for his lunch.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #229529611th Jun 2022 9:11 pm
defector

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

NoDo$h wrote:
defector wrote:

astonbuilder wrote:
I’ve given photos and WTW ‘address’ and on Friday it was still “nope, couldn’t find it”, FFS

WTW = What 3(Three) Words

Embarassed Embarassed Thanks Nodosh, i obviously didn't read it properly, although i would have noticed W3W more easily.

Post #229532112th Jun 2022 12:30 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 172 of 286 <123 ... 171172173 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >