Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Upgraded shock absorbers for airsprung & coilsprung LR3/
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Well it's either the LR ones or the Koni FSD ones as they're the same price prety much...... Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #82905526th Aug 2011 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AN

Hungary 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Also Bilstein does too, looks cheaper, although there is some write up here on the Forum that some had problems with the front ones.
 LR D3 S Black, Auto TDV6  
Post #82906526th Aug 2011 3:12 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

as far as I remember they available from D44

Post #82907226th Aug 2011 3:26 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

The Bilstein ones seem to be pretty much the same spec as the LR ones, no updated technology or real benefit as far as I can see. And more expensive!
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #82907626th Aug 2011 3:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pantg

Location: 862, Paralia Markopoulou Oropou, 190 15 Oropos, GREECE

Greece 

grzesiul wrote:
Bodsy really want to buy from dodgy source 2000 miles away?

i am opting out I think will make my own ones lol

===================================================
If you were refering to the undersighed as "dodgy".
You have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to call "dodgy" someone who always signs his posts with his full name, address and contact details.

If you have used the word "dodgy" for the shock absorbers or their manufacturer.
Those who have already purchased the Greek made shock absorbers can surely provide you with concrete evidence that there is absolutely nothing dodgy about the product.
It is something proudly made in Greece from people who know their business and can offer something of very good quality. We may now be able to offer it at a more reasonable price since it turned out that someone was trying to be rich at the expense of us the owners of Land Rover vehicles.

----------------

For all those who have enquired for the Greek made shock absorbers. I am currently on vacation and will contact the manufacturer upon my return later next week.

Please excuse me for not getting back to you earlier but I am sure you will understand that internet connection is not always available when traveling around in the Greece and summer vacation is a time for relaxation.

Take care everybody
Pantelis
 Pantelis Giamarellos
LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

tel +30 22950 37637
fax +30 22950 31818
mobile +30 6944 579911
e-mail [email protected] 

Post #82908826th Aug 2011 3:56 pm
grzesiul

everything on internet signed or not is dodgy pal, speaking from experience...
no offense but present your offer "black on white" and than we can talk

Post #82909426th Aug 2011 4:06 pm
pantg

Greece 

"dodgy" is a word that directly implies that something or someone has a fraudulant basis, history or potential.
As such it is a direct insult to either myself or something that you clearly do not know.

If other people or some products have made you lose your belief in humans or products this is not my fault.

We may be fellow LR enthusiasts and owners but this gives you absolutely no right to insult either me or something that has been used, tested and approved not from me (I may be "dodgy" as per your writings) but from several other well known and very active members of this forum.

I do not make those shock absorbers and I was not selling them. I know who makes them, I have been one of the two persons who were responsible for their creation, their manufacturer does not want to sell direct to end buyers and the middleman (spyros) was obviously trying to rip people off (including the end buyers and me). I have every intention to properly re-introduce and support this product even as a sponsor of this forum now that I know for sure that unfortunately someone has tried to misbehave by selling this very good product at a not so good price.

My offer will be presented in full analysis even down to quoting the profit margins and discounts at every level as wholesaler, retailer and group buys for the forum members (and not just black and white) when I will have some time to do so. And this will happen when I have the proper time upon the return from my vacation.
Thanks God I do not need to get rich by selling shock absorbers. I left other people to market and sell this very good product to the world market but unfortunately it turned out that this person tried to get rich by selling a few shocks (LR fora refer to them as stealers and it appears they are right....).
I hope this will now change once and for all at least for the Greek made shocks for the LR3.

But in the meantime please behave as a gentleman in exactly the same way as we all expect from everybody on this forum. Calling people you don't know or things you have absolutely no first hand experience with as "dodgy" is insulting both for you and for the targets of your words.

Nobody has insulted you and therefore please do not insult those who have never harmed you in any way or "characterise" things you apparently do not know.

As for being your "pal" I hope to be able to deserve this right in the near future and over some beers or a good BBQ. (as a founding member of the CTOC I always look forward into visiting the UK during one of the LR gatherings and especially Billing <last time there was in 2003 but who knows... maybe 2012 will be once more a lucky year now that "junior" is a grown up little LR future driver)

All fellow LR owners or friends of the marque are potential friends but in order to gain this right we all have to prove ourselves. Until then we are all fellow members of a forum and we have to keep a standard of politeness and good manners between us. Calling each other "names" is certainly not of assistance to this direction.

Take care and thanks for understanding
Pantelis
 Pantelis Giamarellos

tel +30 22950 37637
fax +30 22950 31818
mobile +30 6944 579911
e-mail [email protected] 

Post #82910226th Aug 2011 4:53 pm
grzesiul

what is funny pal is you got time to brag on about one word but none of the peeps interested in those shock have got no fecking clue about the offer / pricing and all
forgive the dodgy thing and get us the info we all after ...

Post #82910426th Aug 2011 5:05 pm
pantg

Greece 

As I have already written I am on vacation.

I cannot provide accurate and analytical information about pricing when I cannot get in touch with the person who is mainly responsible for such matters, namely the manufacturer of the shock absorbers.

What I wrote about your faul use of the english language is not bragging. It is a simple and well based complain and I will ask you to take a closer look to the terms of use of this forum.
Nobody has given you the right to use words that directly insult other members especially when you have absolutely no knowledge of what or whom you are referring too.
The administrator of this forum will be asked to attend to this situation right after I post this reply to you.

I hope this is not too difficult for you to understand.

Take care
Pantelis
 Pantelis Giamarellos

tel +30 22950 37637
fax +30 22950 31818
mobile +30 6944 579911
e-mail [email protected] 

Post #82915026th Aug 2011 9:53 pm
Daramb

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hello,
I have been looking for a shock like this.
This technique is not new, I know Matzker has developed a set like this in concert with HT suspension,
but they are very pricy.
Does anyone know where to get the contact information for this shock?

Thanks

Post #82934927th Aug 2011 7:55 pm
Preacher

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

There's also an interest here 'down under' for this type of shock

dj
 05 Bonati Grey TDV6 SE, triple Rhino roof racks, rooftop tent, Traxside USI-160 system, triple batteries with duel yellow tops, GME UHF. Mitchell Bros tow hitch, LED internal lights, 265/70/17 maxis bighorns, steel rims, Llams, Maxtrax, Engel and Bushman fridges, Hema navigator, Engine remap. Towing 12ft O/R Regal Desert Series.  
Post #82943228th Aug 2011 9:44 am
Daramb

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Also thanks to Mr Giamarellos for sharing this info.
The D3 is a great car, but for those who really want to go the distance with it,
it is quite hard to get all the best parts for it.
The suspension definately is an issue driving the wash boards in Marocco, so if this solves
that problem, that would be great. In this respect, I would be very interested in how much
the proposed shocks can handle with a fully loaded expedition vehicle.
Looking forward to the info
Regards.

Post #82949828th Aug 2011 3:04 pm
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

D4 shocks fit and they're considerably firmer.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #82959828th Aug 2011 9:46 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Interesting Graeme.
Just firmer because they're new or some other update to the shock absorber?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #82961328th Aug 2011 10:59 pm
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Bodsy,
No, the D4 ones are a firmer spec.

Graeme knows this as he went the reverse direction, fitting D3 shocks to his D4 for a softer ride for his wife.

Best Wishes,
Peter
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #82963229th Aug 2011 2:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >