Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Quantifying Normal EAS Operation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

New ride height sensor installed and the old one has confirmed to be faulty. Cleared codes and none reappeared. Thumbs Up

Not quite out of the woods yet as I didn’t start the car due to low battery voltage, so something may crop up when the compressor finally runs.

Next up is a new battery and front valve block. I tried ordering a second one to refurbish, but it had a seized valve. At this point I’m ready to go with new and be on my way. I’ll calibrate the sensors after the battery and valve block are sorted.
 2008 LR3 HSE, 4.4L V8  
Post #226798819th Dec 2021 7:36 pm
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Update:

New front valve blocks were out of stock at three parts USA suppliers, including my local dealer, so I had to go with another used unit. This one was in fair condition and I was able to replace the seals successfully. Upon install I found a leaking Voss connector, which however minor, was causing the vehicle to drop 1” per hour. Luckily I had some spares on hand and they were in good shape.

I calibrated the ride height and took it for a 30 minute test drive with no faults.

After monitoring height for 96 hours I measured no appreciable drop, less than 1/32” or 1mm per day. Not perfect, but improved from where I started —and far better than where it was mid-process.

My advice to anyone thinking about “improving” a working system, is:

1) tread cautiously
2) if your EAS is sinking less than 2mm per day, leave well enough alone

Fun tidbit: one day our high increased 10* F over a previous day and I noticed the vehicle
raised 1/8” (3mm) in that 24 hour period. Temperature fluctuations can raise and lower a vehicle small amounts over 24hours (at least with fuse 26 removed)
 2008 LR3 HSE, 4.4L V8  
Post #22716599th Jan 2022 1:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >