Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Webasto Control Available Very Soon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Guy

United Kingdom 

BN - can you give us a ballpark estimate of cost if we all get together and promise not to hold you to it Wink That way you may get more people to commit?

Post #308562nd Dec 2005 1:17 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Brian, A thought...

I'm sure they've already gone over this but can a remote not be implemented to control the timer rather than try and control the heater? Either program the timer from a remote or simply send a signal to it to say set start time to now or in 5 minutes, etc.

Just a thought, has no doubt already been covered but I presume the timer sends a start signal to the heater so if a remote can be programmed to tell the timer to do it....

I'll shut up now!

Si
 The End  
Post #308572nd Dec 2005 1:40 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Guy wrote:
BN - can you give us a ballpark estimate of cost if we all get together and promise not to hold you to it Wink That way you may get more people to commit?

Seconded - more likely to be with the 'yes' crowd for £150 than for £250, say.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #308632nd Dec 2005 2:13 pm
Gazavich

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Webasto Control Available Very Soon

BN wrote:
Hot news guys. Sorry about the pun

The Webasto heater control will be available very soon and I even have an estimated price with fitting, but not going to publish it yet obviously, but it isn't as much as thought it was going to be.

But first, I would like to see who REALLY is interested in the OEM add on available through me only at this stage. Please show your interest below.

I will add it is not going to be a remote control unit, but a timer. LR have beaten the boffins at this stage, but they are going to persist depending on interest.

Go for it. let me know.

Very interasted put me down for 2 many thanks Very Happy
 HSE TDV6 Silver : "Avin it large"

www.lift-trucksolutions.co.uk 

Post #308682nd Dec 2005 2:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I'd be very interested. I assume it would also fit on the Range Rover Sport TDV6 too?
 Matt  
Post #308782nd Dec 2005 3:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WinchMan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Me too. I have an 06 MY so no option in the settings menu but I take it that is just a software fix that LR must have applied to new models to avoid ongoing embarassment - as long as it would work on a 06 MY i'm interested.
 WinchMan  
Post #308822nd Dec 2005 4:09 pm
Biggles

If it fits on the sport then count me in, warm car mmmmmmmmm Wink

I also have three colleagus who own a disco3 and feel sure they would want one, I will ask the question.
 Just popped over from the dark side.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/index.php 

Post #308862nd Dec 2005 4:23 pm
John128

Not trying to be awkward, but as with everything, there's a price at which you'd be an idiot not to buy...and then a price at which you'd be justifiably locked up if you did. And lots of points inbetween.

May be interested once I know exactly what it does, and roughly how much it costs...£1...£50...£100....£200...£500...£1,000....£2,000???

Post #308912nd Dec 2005 5:03 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Biggles wrote:
If it fits on the sport then count me in, warm car mmmmmmmmm Wink

I also have three colleagus who own a disco3 and feel sure they would want one, I will ask the question.

Me to.

Post #308922nd Dec 2005 5:29 pm
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

John128 wrote:
May be interested once I know exactly what it does, and roughly how much it costs...£1...£50...£100....£200...£500...£1,000....£2,000???
Lets save on Market Research, and just ask you where in the range you would pay to have a nice warm D3 at your choice of time... Very Happy Very Happy 
Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #308952nd Dec 2005 5:47 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Coffeecup wrote:
John128 wrote:
Lets save on Market Research, and just ask you where in the range you would pay to have a nice warm D3 at your choice of time... Very Happy Very Happy
I'd have thought the £45k or so I paid originally would have covered it Rolling Eyes  
Post #308972nd Dec 2005 6:17 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Webasto Control

Put me down for one please Brian.
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #308982nd Dec 2005 6:18 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Me too please. Looks like you have a lot of interest.

Post #308992nd Dec 2005 6:23 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
Coffeecup wrote:
John128 wrote:
I'd have thought the £45k or so I paid originally would have covered it Rolling Eyes

Exactly... with all the people wanting and appearing happy to pay xxxxx (which I won't for a few months use) for this unit, why don't we at least try an organised petition to LR with all those wanting their pre heat fixed ?

I know we've covered this countless times (and it will keep on coming back to haunt us too) but we have never spoken as one group to LR have we ?

Its in the menu, its in the manual, its in the tech docs, its in the workshop manual and has never appeared in the service docs, recalls etc etc as if there is no problem.

People say it will never work in its current form... but if a timer can be fitted by Webasto why not LR ?

We should at least try. But it needs all to put their names to the doc (not forum names). See what LR say - especially if its highlighted in the mags and press - Autoexpress, Autocar etc etc.

I want LR to officially deny and then explain why it appears in all the above but does not work.

If that had fitted a button on the dash you can bet we would be campaigning much harder and LR would be a little red faced. Instead as its software controlled (supposedly) they just disable the menu rather than issuing each of us with a blanking plate to replace a button.

What next... sorry guys but feature xx does not work so we are deleting it from the software !

So who's up for campaigning LR to end this officially ?

-s

Post #309002nd Dec 2005 6:37 pm
MB

England 

We pay so much for the car and than LR start taking bits away Evil or Very Mad its not on Evil or Very Mad I want LR to fix the pre heater timer not to take it away Evil or Very Mad the Webasto Control sounds good but I would like LR to fix the timer

Post #309052nd Dec 2005 7:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >