Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Webasto Control Available Very Soon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 12 <123 4 ... 101112>
BN

England 

They cannot fix it because they were too clever for themselves, that is why it is now dropped off the MY06 models completely. It would need far too much work, re wiring and software re write to correct. That is the opinion of the experts.

Post #309082nd Dec 2005 7:11 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yup, i'm up for getting an 'official' response from LR, all we've been fed so far is 'a dealer said this' or ' LRCS said that' or 'a contact in LR said nowt' none of which is helpful.
Time to get drafting I think.... Wink
email fbh@10forcash.com with names (forum ones will do for now) and (later) reg. numbers who want to get involved in calling for a written response from LR

Post #309092nd Dec 2005 7:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MB

England 

BN, You meen LR dont won't to fix it Exclamation

Post #309102nd Dec 2005 7:17 pm
BN

England 

MB wrote:
BN, You meen LR dont won't to fix it Exclamation

They cannot because the car goes to sleep. Even the fix from Webasto will cancel when you get into the car, but then you will be able to restart it when in with the fix or it will on its own if the temp is below 4C.

It is far to complex for me to go beyond that, maybe Winger or TFC can explain the technicalities of the car to you all.

Post #309122nd Dec 2005 7:23 pm
Jim

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Brian, I would be interested dependant on cost, fitting and functionality.

TFC I think that even if the likely responce from LR is 'not until 09MY' it still shows a united front from a huge number of D3 owners voiceing thier opinions about the issue. I certainly agree that we should be approaching LR on this one
 Jim  
Post #309132nd Dec 2005 7:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Would there be any problems re: LR warranty issues Shocked
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #309142nd Dec 2005 7:33 pm
BN

England 

ally wrote:
I'd like one don't see timer being a problem. What about instalation is it DIY, LR Dealer or Webasto.

Not DIY, sorry

Post #309152nd Dec 2005 7:40 pm
BN

England 

Dom Harvey wrote:
Would there be any problems re: LR warranty issues Shocked

Being addressed right now by Webasto, shouldn't be as they are OEM manufacturers

Post #309162nd Dec 2005 7:40 pm
Pelyma

England 

We might need a little caution in case it drops Webasto in it, it also seems a bit unfair if they aren't recompensed for their work. Maybe BN has a view on this?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #309172nd Dec 2005 7:41 pm
BN

England 

Jim wrote:
Brian, I would be interested dependant on cost, fitting and functionality.

TFC I think that even if the likely responce from LR is 'not until 09MY' it still shows a united front from a huge number of D3 owners voiceing thier opinions about the issue. I certainly agree that we should be approaching LR on this one

LR are fully aware of the concern, they watch this site, so what you say now is noted. I am convinced that they have removed it from the menu as a result of complaints generally. Also Dealer Principles are fed up with the aftermarket comments about it. Many of whom watch this site also don't forget.

Post #309182nd Dec 2005 7:44 pm
BN

England 

Pelyma wrote:
We might need a little caution in case it drops Webasto in it, it also seems a bit unfair if they aren't recompensed for their work. Maybe BN has a view on this?

Webasto are just trying to make a fix for aftermarket use. I doubt if anyone can do anything or even get upset about it. If it works, no doubt ultimately LR will take it on as an aftermarket accessory and price it at an extortionate price.

Post #309192nd Dec 2005 7:46 pm
BN

England 

Guy wrote:
BN - can you give us a ballpark estimate of cost if we all get together and promise not to hold you to it Wink That way you may get more people to commit?

I have an estimated price, but I cannot release it as it has not been sanctioned. But I don't think it is bad at all and I am tight as the guys know.

Post #309202nd Dec 2005 7:48 pm
BN

England 

ernest wrote:
Hello there,

I just yesterday find out about this website, because i also have trouble starting the preheater (and so is my colleague with same disco), so i was looking around on internet. Very nice website, and lots of trouble also !!

So we are very interested, i hope its no problem that we live in the Netherlands.

Hurry up, its cold out there !

Verwelkoom naar de plaats Ernest, is het geen probleem dat u in de Nederlands bent.

Ik zal proberen u alle bij te houden die helemaal geïnformeerd worden, kijkt slechts de plaats voor het laatst.

Think I have answered most of you guys now. Very Happy

Post #309212nd Dec 2005 7:52 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

BN wrote:
LR are fully aware of the concern, they watch this site, so what you say now is noted. I am convinced that they have removed it from the menu as a result of complaints generally. Also Dealer Principles are fed up with the aftermarket comments about it. Many of whom watch this site also don't forget.
.... based on what evidence?
to date, there has been no positive effects felt by any of the 'great unwashed' on Disco3.co.uk of any viewing by LR Employees, Managers, Directors or Dealer Principal's

A consolidated statement backed up by hard evidence presented to LR will not necessarily get every FBH working but will at least elicit a public statement, rather than soundbites or hints based upon private mutterings that may or may not have taken place which, to date, have achieved the square root of Censored all

Post #309222nd Dec 2005 7:54 pm
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
BN wrote:
.... based on what evidence?
to date, there has been no positive effects felt by any of the 'great unwashed' on Disco3.co.uk of any viewing by LR Employees, Managers, Directors or Dealer Principal's

A consolidated statement backed up by hard evidence presented to LR will not necessarily get every FBH working but will at least elicit a public statement, rather than soundbites or hints based upon private mutterings that may or may not have taken place which, to date, have achieved the square root of Censored all

TFC, there is no evidence, I just know that friends of mine in LR and you have met at least one of them tell me so. I have no problem with a letter, I after all have placed one to the CEO both in the USA and UK on this very site, which seems to have disappeared now. Also my dealer principle watches and you know they are logged onto this site as well.

Post #309232nd Dec 2005 8:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 12 <123 4 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >