Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

tyres for 18 inch rims
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

davez26 wrote:
General Tire's website lists the Grabber AT2 in 255/60R18 as available Fall 2006 in Europe and USA. That probably menas the last day of Fall, but they are coming.

It probably also means about Two years after that for us in Oz too...........

It's not all Rainbows and Munchkins here at all.
 Dave

Disco Dreaming 

Post #9632823rd Oct 2006 5:22 am
DISCO444

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I contacted the Australian agents last week and the Grabber tyres will not be available in Australia until the 2nd quarter of 2007. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
 2006 Discovery SE Zambezi Silver
ARB bull bar, Warn winch, Light Force lights, Safari Snorkel, Dual battery, Uniden UHF, Barrett 2050 HF radio, LR fuel tank, Kaymar rear wheel carrier, Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Open Sky roof top tent. 

Post #9633123rd Oct 2006 6:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
the_beeboo

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

hey
Just found out that the new pajero will come will 18s as standard also the new landcruiser 130 will ship with standard 18 inch rims ... looks like 18 inch tyres are about to get popular so more and more options will be avialable soon

Post #9638123rd Oct 2006 2:58 pm
zetecr

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

I posted about this tyre in another thread prior to noticing this thread. No one seems to be mentioning the fact that this is available in P265/60R18 with diameter of 30.5" in the US (at least according to Goodyear site). Their OZ site doesn't list this size, but hopefully they will become available soon, with more and more 4WDs coming equipped with 18". Looks like a good all-rounder, and far more capable and robust than the original HPs.

Post #9756730th Oct 2006 11:39 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

What was the tyre model/name? looks ok...
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #9756830th Oct 2006 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zetecr

It's just called Wrangler SilentArmor. Go to www.goodyeartires.com and search by size then put in 265/60R18.

See http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartires...ight+Truck
for rating against other Goodyears, including the MTR.

Post #9757130th Oct 2006 11:51 am
Desert Traveller

I approached Goodyear Australia (in writing) a few months ago in regards to this tyre. They are totally uninterested in bringing this tyre to Australia.
It has a load rating of 109 which is less than the 112 on the orginal HP tyres but is in accordance with the tyre plaque on the D3.
 06 TDV6 SE with many LR and after-market extras. Used only on weekends and trips out west.
Audi TT Roadster (Daily and around town drive)
VW Eos TDI For Sale
Previously 01 TD5 and 94 TDI 

Post #982762nd Nov 2006 11:11 am
zetecr

Bummer... I guess people interested can only hassle them as much as possible... Mad

Post #982922nd Nov 2006 12:56 pm
simon_arch1

My research shows that Goodyear only have the MTR in a 19" rim anyway - so they need to get working on an 18" version as well, and then bring that here...

Does anyone know differently?

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #984963rd Nov 2006 1:15 am
Herman

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
18 '' tyres

According to our dealer in Namibia, the Wrangler Silent Armour 265/60X18 tyres can be ordered from overseas, waiting period 6 to 8 weeks, and according to the website comparison they seem to be as good as MTR 's off-road and better on-road, and they are available as 18''...Should we go for it or wait for the General AT2??

Post #985083rd Nov 2006 8:04 am
Haggis

For those in Australia.

I have an email from the importers of Cooper, Mickey Thompson and Federal Tyres. It would be best described and non-commital. There are no current plans to import the more serious (All Terrain or Mud tyres in LT construction) in sizes to suit the Disco 3 18" rim. The email continues by indicating that this will be continually reviewed in the future.

For me this is all too slow. I have all but destroyed three of the 18" OE Wranglers on a recent Top End trip. I am now considering a second set of 17" rims/tyres for the longer forays outback. There are several suitable choices for the 17" rims.

It is not clear to me how they (Land Rover Corporate) sleep at night selling an 'All Terrain' vehicle with these tyres....
 D3 (06) SE TDV6, Rear Locker, Rear Air, ARB bar w/winch, Safari Snorkel, 110l aux fuel tank, Kaymar rear bar (twin wheel carrier), Black Widow rear storage system, Rhino rack, GME UHF, Codan HF, IPF HID lights, CSA Explorer 17" w/BFG Mud Terrain KM2 - see Australian 4WD Monthly #103  
Post #990546th Nov 2006 4:58 am
simon_arch1

Haggis - I'm with you... it's just plain bloody ridiculous!

My latest thinking is to go the 32" Cooper STT on the 18" rims - as I no longer want the hassle of 2 sets of rims/tyres as I did with the D2...

cheers,

Simon
Post #990586th Nov 2006 6:17 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Maybe do a group buy and import them ourseves?
No doubt they will say they have the agency for them but if they are not supplying them, at least we can get a bulk discount.
I will be looking for after market tyres when mine run out.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #990636th Nov 2006 7:35 am
simon_arch1

so - what would we get if we were importing our own?

I'd like something for the 18" rim in an MTR or Cooper STT type pattern - preferably slightly oversize - say 31" overall...

I'll do some research - what comes closest.

Others?

Simon
Post #990886th Nov 2006 10:00 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I understood oversize was available but correct size was the problem.
Could be wrong though. Embarassed
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #991226th Nov 2006 11:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >