Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Fitting OE screen Navigation and Phone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Onelee

Russia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Hello, Ian

Could you give some examples of diagnostic equipment which "can" make reprogramming?

I don't understand why official dealer service could't treat my car as high-line and make modithications?
HSE - high line? I couldn't imagine official service can not make something with their model.

Last edited by Onelee on 1st Sep 2012 5:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9720891st Sep 2012 3:50 pm
Onelee

Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme could make all needed changes in CCF?

Or what Wiggs have?

Post #9721041st Sep 2012 4:37 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Onelee wrote:
Hello, Ian

Could you give some examples of diagnostic equipment which "can" make reprogramming?

I don't understand why official dealer service could't treat my car as high-line and make modithications?
HSE - high line? I could't imagine official service can not make something with their model.

The dealer's diagnostic tools are very limited when it comes to modifying the CCF file, which is why it cannot be done Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #9721081st Sep 2012 4:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Onelee

I found that Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme could make all needed changes in CCF,
but if I will buy this with SV licence I will have problems I think, because touch screen, sat/nav comp and so on from donor car may be have VIN of donor, not as VIN of my car.

What does Wiggs have and with what licence and so on? Ian, did you haven't problems with another VIN in modules from RRC when opened 4x4 info and so on?

Post #9721511st Sep 2012 6:55 pm
IanNP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Onelee wrote:
I found that Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme could make all needed changes in CCF,
but if I will buy this with SV licence I will have problems I think, because touch screen, sat/nav comp and so on from donor car may be have VIN of donor, not as VIN of my car.

What does Wiggs have and with what licence and so on? Ian, did you haven't problems with another VIN in modules from RRC when opened 4x4 info and so on?

The VIN ID only comes in on the very new vehicles, Freelander, D4, etc and can be 'got round' quite easily!
D3 is very simple if you have the equipment that will configure the CCF, the faultmate is by far the most comprehensive CCF editor I have come across allowing you to change anything to and add anything.

Land Rovers own equipment won't let you 'upgrade' outside of your spec so that they can charge you more money for things!

I have also got the reversing camera and RRV software running on my D3. Along with the venture cam etc etc ..

..so what can I fiddle with today that ain't broken ...?  
Post #9727393rd Sep 2012 12:23 pm
Onelee

Hello, friends!

I have now monitor, navi computer with mount, navi disc and tmc module.
I think will be easy to find tmc antenna amplifier and gps-antenna, there are very cheapest even from official dealers in Russia.

But very hard to find here looms to fit navigation and touchscreen.
May be that is not problem in UK, but this is great problem in my motherland... Non-adequate prices, really...

I don't know what to do now. Sad

Post #9745077th Sep 2012 6:15 pm
race.it

Spain 

You may be able to get most you need from a rrs also as they share a lot of the wiring and may be more accessible floor you .

Post #9747938th Sep 2012 1:04 pm
Onelee

I know that they have same platform but unfortunately this not help in my situation.

Post #9747988th Sep 2012 1:34 pm
IanNP

Onelee wrote:
Hello, friends!

I have now monitor, navi computer with mount, navi disc and tmc module.
I think will be easy to find tmc antenna amplifier and gps-antenna, there are very cheapest even from official dealers in Russia.

But very hard to find here looms to fit navigation and touchscreen.
May be that is not problem in UK, but this is great problem in my motherland... Non-adequate prices, really...

I don't know what to do now. Sad

You will need the audio loom and the dash loom - as im the post above.
Could you not get them for the UK or another country?
Post #9749058th Sep 2012 10:07 pm
Onelee

Hello!

Ian, I had read carefully all thread, from beginning to end, post by post, and see all great work you did!
My confidence is growing that I could fit all elements. I found now many videos on youtube how to remove panels and console(except rear part on rear door and roof), because this mechanics is hard for me (I fear to break plastic if apply my strength where must know "how and where exactly"). I clearly understand all stages, and now I need 3 looms as you described, rear ICE, main ICE and dashboard loom (from GPS antenna-to navi comp, TMC amplifier-TMC module-tuner-navi comp, to central console touchscreen and so on.

Could you help me with looms from breakers in UK? And may be modules as GPS antenna and TMC amplifier (I have TMC module XRA500031)

I could make money transfer(as pre-payment) to you with paypal with no problem for looms, postage to me, and your work and time, of course! Wink Could discuss this in PM...

But we could have some kind of problem... I have LHD LRD3, but in UK all cars are RHD. That is why may be problem with dashboard loom. Also I have 2008 year model and I see some differences from your photos, such as color of wires and another defend for optical wires, but this isn't very important may be, only lead to spend more time to identify and work. Also I see already optical wires in my power amplifier of IHU (rightmost socket viewed from the rear to forwards) under right front seat (driver seat in your RHD, but passenger seat in my LHD) and I don't know now without opening of current looms what will I need to remove and replace in future or in some cases I could leave my current loom.

Post #9749459th Sep 2012 8:00 am
Onelee

Now I have monitor TSD, TMC-module and nav computer.

I bought also on ebay Faultmate MSV-2 to make future conversion of CCF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackbox-Solutions...&rt=nc

Also I bought GPS antenna from Germany LR dealer (GPS-only, not shark-style).

Now I am searching TMC amplifier for my TMC-module and looms (still main problem). I found electrical and MOST schemes.
For my variant: premium audio+voice+TMC I think true:

but my car also have bluetooth (I think same as on 2009 LRD3) and bluetooth module must also be in MOST...
But there is no scheme for this in LR docs which I have.

Post #9847282nd Oct 2012 6:54 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

it dosent matter what order /or how many most units you have connected ....as long as they all have there OUT signal going to the next ones IN signal

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...layout.pdf
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #9847332nd Oct 2012 7:04 pm
Onelee

OK. I understand this concept of ring network - minus one problem. Thanks.

Who could help me with looms and sockets for mod? Electrical and optical...

Post #9847372nd Oct 2012 7:10 pm
IanNP

I would have got a RRSport roof GPS/GSM ant as the D3 GPS is mounted in the high level brake lamp which is sealed and a PAIN to get at/in!

Schematic diagrams of the audio are not a problem let me know which you want!
As wiggs says the MOST bus runs in a loop, so as long as you connect 'out' to the next 'in' it will work, you must have NO breaks in the loop.
The correct loop for a D3 would be IHU ((integrated head unit) - which is the master node, ie the link to the vechicle medium CAN), from there to the HLD (High Level Display), then Telephone, then TMC, then TV, then Logic7 Amplifier, then RSE (Rear Seat Enetertainment), then SDARS, then DAB, then Harmon Kardon Amplifier and back to the IHU.
Terminal '2' is out '1' is in, if you look on the connector it is numbered.

The voice recognition module is the Telephone module. In some diagrams it is labeled as the transceiver Module, or Telephone Module or Voice recognition module!! Always seems to be Connector 2778 though.
It runs the main voice commands.
A point of note for those with voice recognition - have you ever noticed that the voice changes slightly part way through commands and speach..?
This is because it switches from one module to another part way through.
ie:
Command Given: 'Display Help'
Command taken by the Telephone Module.
System Says: 'Display help.' (comes from the display)
System Says: 'The following are examples of commonly used commands' (comes from the telephone)
System Says: 'Display show navigation, Display show Audio, Display Show Phone, Display Show Trip Computer, Display Show 4x4, for more detailed display help refer to the user manual' (comes from the display)
System Says: 'Help Completed' (comes from the Telephone Module)

Anyway I digress.
Post #9848222nd Oct 2012 9:52 pm
Onelee

I have now:

I have one short optical cable with one connector, as ring, in to out, see it in screen socket.
Bluetooth module with bracket you see on photo - I received it together with TMC module - this module same as in my car.
Big black bracket on photo - bracket from kardon amplifier but will used for sat/nav comp with minimal changes. I think they same in mountings.

So, I still need all looms from donor car or in minimalist approach:
1. wire with connectors GPS-antenna <-> nav comp GPS-antenna in
2. GVIF wire with connectors sat/nav comp <-> TSD screen
3. connector for black socket in sat/nav (may be taken from pc ide cd rom connector?)
4. multi-pole connector for TSD screen - gray socket (possibly could make from pc ide cd rom connector also?)
5. power connector for TMC module (socket on side of module up from optical MOST socket)
6. twin connector wire TMC-module <TMC>TMC-module in
I will connect TMC-module out to existing fiber which now out from bluetooth module

for TSD screen
I will connect harman kardon amplifier out (it lead now to IHU in my car I think, isn't it?) to TSD screen in
and I will need connector and optics to connect TSD out to IHU - may be I could use short fiber which you see in photo but may not if more length is needed.

7. some connectors, pins for wires which will lead f.e. from sat/nav comp connector to another connectors of car (to make properly ens of wires to insert in existing connectors in car looms)
8. TMC amplifier

Have I not forgotten anything?

Who could help with this wires or connectors, looms and so on, if have original OEM? I am ready to buy with postage to me.

Post #9848933rd Oct 2012 5:27 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >