DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Vehicle Enhancement Program
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 18 <123 ... 91011 ... 161718>
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Hi Marc, and congratulatons.

Stick with it, she will soon start to sleep I am sure. Just remember, you start by teaching them to walk and talk, then the rest of your life telling them to sit down and shut up Wink

No answer to your shunt issue though, and sorry that it seems to be spoiling your enjoyment of the car. TFC's idea is a possible solution.

Next Peaks trip, you will sure enjoy it. I am not sure if I can do another one this year (house move), but the routes and details are now available, for anyone to organise Idea

Post #7286824th Jul 2006 9:37 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Marc,
Glad everythings normal then Very Happy

try TSB LA303-015 "A customer may report a concern that the engine may hesitate or stumble during parking maneuvers or when moving slowly in heavy traffic, particularly in cold weather.

Cause: A software calibration issue is not accurately controlling the idle speed under cold conditions with high transmission loads during parking.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin to update the engine control module software. "

and
TSB LA303-017 "A customer may report a concern that a mild engine power surge or a mild vibration similar to an engine misfire can be felt at certain (not all) constant road speeds. The noise may also be described as a noise from auto transmission (scrape or chain noise in all gears). This noise can be induced by revving the engine in neutral (N) and the pipes to/from the fuel filter will be seen to vibrate. In some cases, diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2292 'Injector Pressure Erratic' can be logged in the control module.

Cause: The fuel filter pipe connections have been incorrectly connected (during vehicle build or during maintenance and repair), which results in reverse fuel flow through the fuel filter element (large pipes crossed), or cause high back-pressure in the high-pressure fuel pump (small pipes crossed). If the fuel tank air-bleed and high-pressure fuel pump return via the fuel cooler is crossed, the resulting pressure fluctuations cause the fuel pipes to vibrate, leading to the above complaint "

The first one should have been included in the S/W enhancement programme, may also be worth getting them to look at TSB LA418-004 which basically guides them as how to interpret multiple DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) Good luck with the Disco 3 and Lucy!!

Cheers,

10FC Wink

Post #7286924th Jul 2006 9:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

just had my enhancement program done.
great to have different car with better handling suspension,gear box and engine!
amazing what the program has done.
well done LR Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7291124th Jul 2006 11:35 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Like Aussie wine, the enhancement travels well! Are U lot nocturnal down under or is the world truely flat??

Post #7297925th Jul 2006 11:34 am
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Dropped the car off at the dealers this morning to have the Enhancement done as well as a fix for the dipping mirrors and of course the new Satnav disc, courtesy of LR.

Just waiting for the call to pick her up. I cant drive this Freeloader much longer!

Post #7303625th Jul 2006 3:14 pm
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Just picked the car up and i can honestly say that it doesnt feel any different (still nice and tight).............but i know that its got to be better.

Post #7309325th Jul 2006 8:27 pm
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

caverd3
did the dealer call you and let you know about the enhancement or did you contact them if so what did you ask them for
also what differences has the enhancement made
regards
norto

Post #7319926th Jul 2006 10:10 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

disco4x4au
what brand of tyres are you running
norto

Post #7320426th Jul 2006 10:27 am
caverD3

norto wrote:
caverd3
did the dealer call you and let you know about the enhancement or did you contact them if so what did you ask them for
also what differences has the enhancement made
regards
norto

I called the dealer as i had issues anyway. High oil use oil was off the dip stick! others have said similar and there may be some loss as the block can absorb oil initially.I am monitoring it.
as it is a service bulletin it is only actioned on an issue being raised or it will be done automatically the next time it is in for a service
differences to mine: almost no turbo lag, hesitation between 2nd and 3d gears has gone, suspension higher;parrticularly at the front, firmer ride, better handling, body roll greatly reduced.
they did the scheduled service at the same time as it was close to time.
Not often you take your car for service and it comes back improved!
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7338727th Jul 2006 12:09 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

Norto,

I'm running 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ mud tyres.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #7339827th Jul 2006 4:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jonhklee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Wayhay!!!

I have joined in the 'updated club'!! Had the 2nd row middle seat seatbelt fault (that little stud that keeps the seat belt being sucked in fell off!!), I have asked Bury Stratstone to update my D3 and look at the rear strut......

They fixed the belt (didn't replace the stud!) and updated software, but didn't look into the loose strut!!!!

Car is so much better to drive, it is smoother, nicer exhaust note, better cornering and no intial turbo lag as most of us described!! Very happy with it......

I am going to have words with Bury LR about promising to look into the strut and not delivering!!! They also try to con me into services at £449 every 12000 miles!!! I should have told them I am a Disco3 member and given them fingers!!!

Maybe I should just stick on my sticker that I recieved yesterday!!!
 Jonhklee

Bonatti Met Grey D3 TDV6 Auto, Leather, RR20", Bluetooth, PDC.....
Manganese Met Brown 1980 Mercedes 350SL
Silver 2000 Yaris 1.3SR 

Post #7391328th Jul 2006 7:12 pm
caverD3

The struts are easy to check. just see if they are at all loose
see
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic3721.html
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7415729th Jul 2006 5:07 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

and don't forget they should check the compressor and the EPB harness too !

By the way... noticed that the disco fart is gone Shocked now when she wakes up from sleep (by trying the rear hatch release) there is just the click and then no expelling of air.

Small things I know Wink

Post #7417629th Jul 2006 11:04 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Really? I had not noticed that. Must go and try it now!

Post #7419329th Jul 2006 12:22 pm
JustinL

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I am collecting a new TDV6 S next weekend and have checked with the dealer that everything is totally up to date and that I will be able to usde my 6230i with the cradle.

They confirmed all will be OK. Should I be wary?

Has anyone recently bought a car with the phone kit? Does your 6230i work with it?

Very Happy

Post #7419529th Jul 2006 12:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 18 <123 ... 91011 ... 161718>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >