Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Other Site Sponsors

Bluetooth Module Exchange Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 48 of 53 <123 ... 474849 ... 515253>
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
just sent another PM

I just signed up on your purchase web site and also sent a PM with further details.

This is going to be an interesting project. I am certain that it will take me more than the half hour that it seems most of your customers manage to do the install in - a bit more involved this will be I guess.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #120935830th Dec 2013 5:37 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My website is only for the exchange service .. Not for buying parts .

I have sent you a pm explaining Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #120937030th Dec 2013 6:01 pm
Mark-w

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Just ordered my exchange module, the previous owner of my car said he had spent years putting 2121 in each time to pair his phone, he had no idea this upgrade was available, luckily I had already read the post prior to purchasing so new it was possible to upgrade the module, all I needed to know from the original owner was that his code was 2121 and not 0000, so hopefully I won't be long before I'm fully bluetoothed

Post #12123925th Jan 2014 9:41 pm
wiggs

Cheers Mark Thumbs Up
Post #12124195th Jan 2014 10:19 pm
bbyer

I also have ordered the Wiggs D4 BlueTooth upgrade kit, but for me, I regard this as a bit of an adventure so to speak.

My challenge will not be installing the upgrade, (I think Wiggs has made that fairly simple or at least his instructions and kit are good), but removing all the 0000 bits without wrecking anything, that could be a challenge.

I downloaded from TOPIX, (url below), the how to install instructions for the 0000 module in the hope that would allow me to figure out how to remove same.

While the instructions are all pictures, it seems that the instructions seem to show two modules, (pictures 42 to 47), one located on each side of the transmission hump; hence I guess I have to find and remove them both along with the wiring harness.

Then I presume I plug any loose connector ends tied to the Land Rover back into some other empty cable plug already in my 3.

Once I get the remaining disconnected cables connected back up, then I reconnect the battery and turn the radio on. Hopefully I still have a radio and NAV; also I see if I can still talk to the NAV and that it talks back to me. If it does, then I guess the mike still works.

If all good, then I proceed with the new BlueTooth kit install - that is how I see the project anyway.

Given that the outside air temperature today is about -30C, (but sunny), it may be some time before all is operational even if the kit arrived tomorrow.

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/co...tabs=false
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #12124295th Jan 2014 10:26 pm
Mark-w

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

My updated module arrived today and is already fitted, well pleased it does everything its supposed too automatically connects (which was worth th upgrade alone) also phone book etc on the radio.
Old unit being returned in the post tommorow.
Thanks to Adrian.

Post #121742014th Jan 2014 6:07 pm
wiggs

Many thanks Mark

Apologies for the few days delay in sending .. I have a hard time getting people to return the old modules in a reasonable time Sad ( which slows the exchange service up )

Appreciate yours being sent back so quick Thumbs Up
Post #121742714th Jan 2014 6:11 pm
Sydney

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Module received this morning, swapped and working on 30 minutes!!!

Old module will be in the post on Monday, cheers Wiggs, awesome service.

Post #12286681st Feb 2014 5:28 pm
wiggs

Glad your happy with it Thumbs Up
Post #12289741st Feb 2014 11:46 pm
romseyhousewife

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Auto connect

I purchased a 2006 Discovery 3 and am having to manually connect my iPhone 5 every time I get in the car. If I purchase this upgrade, will this solve the problem and connect automatically in future (it's a real pain!!) Thanks

Post #124443227th Feb 2014 10:47 pm
wiggs

Yes it will .. As long as you pair with the number 2121 Thumbs Up

It will also show your contacts on the radio screen
Post #124444027th Feb 2014 10:55 pm
keithyboy1965

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

just signed up on your site and transferred payment via bank, although made the mistake of putting Bluetooth module instead of username in the reference box, hope that's ok?. Was actually thinking of calling over to Radcliffe for you to program while its in the car if that's possible, but cant send you a pm yet as I'm too new Sad . If you can send me a contact number via email so we can talk that would be good.

Post #12503099th Mar 2014 6:43 pm
keithyboy1965

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

module arrived safely today and was installed in 30 mins tops, working flawlessly, will post back the old unit tomorrow Adrian.
Once again, many thanks.

Post #125189312th Mar 2014 7:05 pm
thorgal

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

I am also interested in Bluetooth module , but my MY 2005 never had a bluetooth installed. Will the new 2014 D4 module fit into 2005 V8 she petrol or would I need an old module to be able to proceed with a new? Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #127252020th Apr 2014 1:50 pm
bbyer

Flipper switches on right side of steering wheel?

The quick answer is no existing module needed, but it would not be a simple install by my way of thinking whereas others would say "piece of cake".

I am driving around right now blabbing to all on my new Wiggs D4 Bluetooth in my 2005 LR3 petrol HSE about how the phone book on my BlackBerry 9900 now shows on the radio display of my hi line 6 CD audio head and that I can dial out using the radio keypad also.

Rotating the right side radio round knob causes the phone book to scroll, and if the name I am looking for starts with a P, I push the 7 button on the keypad and the radio display jumps to the P section of names.

Regarding install, I was fortunate in that I already had the dealer installed Land Rover 0000 pairing Bluetooth setup, hence I already had the second microphone and the two phone flipper switches already installed on the right side of my steering wheel.

The pairing code I now use is 2121, just like the factory LR install.

For me, the install consisted of disconnecting the dealer installed Nokia D3 bluetooth module located down on the right side of the transmission hump, disconnecting a couple of wiring connectors up by the NAV head and then reconnecting them a bit differently, and then the for me new experience of disconnecting a paired fibre optic cable from the back of the NAV and then connecting the new fibre optic cable supplied by Wiggs to the existing fibre optic cable. The new D4 module connected at the other end of the new fibre optic cable. I also had to run switched 12VDC power and a ground to the D4 module but Wiggs provides a suitable connector for that as well.

If you do not have the flipper switches and second mike, then I presume that also has to be installed. The actually mike and flipper switch install is not too tough but I am not certain as to where the electrical ends would connect, as in, if the connection to whatever is already there - others may know that. I think it is, but that I did not have to find out for certain.

I intend to keep my 3 for quite a few years yet, hence I regarded the effort required to update my BlueTooth from 2005 software to 2014 software was worth the effort.

O yes, one other thing you have to be able to do. You have to modify the CCF, Car Configuration File, under the Infotainment area in two locations. The first change is to have "Bluetooth Enabled" showing. This may already be done if you have the 0000 system, and secondly, to tell your 3 you now have "Cellular telephone docking station with buetooth". There are other choices provided that seem to make more sense but you have to remember this is a Land Rover and the "...docking station with bluetooth" is what you use.

For me, I purchased a BlackBox Nanocom Evolution to do the CCF mod as I did not have either a Faultmate nor the GAP tools. For those that already have the 2121 pairing setup, the CCF is already suitably modified and all that needs be done is the the power conductor/ground and fibre optic connection to the new D4 module, plus disconnection of the existing D3 module.
Post #127255320th Apr 2014 3:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 48 of 53 <123 ... 474849 ... 515253>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >