Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Other Site Sponsors

GVIF v2 and Reversing Camera for 199.99
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for the order
the discount code cant be used with special links hence other items would need to be ordered separate. the code should work with h8s on their own
R
ian

Post #8129621st Jul 2011 1:45 pm
sj9011

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hi Ian,

I have exactly the same with the unit even after the new instructions you sent me, basically works with reversing camara, will not toggle to any other inputs and remote does not work. Also in the new manual the dip switches are in a different location to the manual.

Let me know

Sean

Southampton UK

Post #8132242nd Jul 2011 8:07 am
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish but when in reverse, toggle button does not work and only reverse (av4) will show. When *not* in reverse, the toggle button should work and change through the inputs enabled by the dip switches.

My 2 cents,

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #8132412nd Jul 2011 9:11 am
sj9011

I am fullly aware that the toggle does work in reverse, no other AV inputs work regards of the dip switch positions or i cant get into setup with the romete, so basically you only get the screen to display anything other than the the pass through by putting 12V to the reverse selector wire than you hear a relay click and it displays the reverse camara. I have tryed putting AV on all the other inputs with varous Dip switch positions and pressing the toggle nothing!!

Sean

Post #8132492nd Jul 2011 9:32 am
hids4u

Do you have the v2 or 6.2 version?

The manufacturer has sent the v2 units with the wrong remote controls. idiots. i am waiting for a response from them as to how to overcome

I am sick in bed and dont have a v2 version here to test. i will be back in southampton in a week or so - i will report back as soon as i have an update

Sorry for not having immediate answer - quite frustrating for you and me

r
ian

Post #8135353rd Jul 2011 5:45 pm
chocolademan

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Had a similar experience today.

Heres some info for those experiencing problems.

I finished the install on Wednesday and its been working fine. Blackvue into AV1, DVD player into AV2, Headrest DVD into AV3 and reversing camera to its own input.
Then when reversing today the camera didn't come on. Then tried to view Blackview and that didn't come on either! The screen was stuck on the OEM NAVI screen. I tried switching with remote and button, but no joy!
Heard the unit clicking and the screen flickered, but nothing. Had a mess with the dip swithes and still nothing.
I then decided to have a break!
When I got back to it the NAVI screen was on. I then pressed the left button on the NAVI and it switched over showing AV1. Success! Then everything seemed to be working again.

You can get yourself in quite a muddle and the instructions can seem very confusing, but it often helps to take a coffee/beer break and go back to it after 10minutes.....

AND a good tip is that you have to be VERY quick when pressing the buttons to get into the setup menu!!

Thumbs Up
 Faultmate MSV2 MultiVehicle
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #8135573rd Jul 2011 7:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sj9011

Thanks Ian,

Not sure bought it 3 weeks ago, as i'm in Southampton let me know when we can sort it not a real problem as the main reason was for reversing camara for backup up to trailers. PS did not use the camara supplied in the number platelight as i have one on the tow hitch, so i have the light/camara if some on wants it

Sean

Post #8135633rd Jul 2011 7:57 pm
perkj

2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Hi Ian

I am located in the US (california,usa). Can you tell me the cost of the "GVIF v2 and Reversing Camera" without VAT and how I'd go about ordering it so I don't get charged the VAT?

Thanks,
Jason

Post #8137164th Jul 2011 3:22 pm
fitz39

Hi Ian,

I have a 56 range rover sport and am looking to purchase from you, could you please advise what the difference is between [url]http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Land-Rover-Discovery-3-Range-Rover-Sport-GVIF-Interface-Unit-including-Number-plate-reversing-camera.html [/url]& http://www.hids4u.co.uk/land-rover-discove...creen.html.

Thanks

Post #8140305th Jul 2011 12:17 pm
Spooky

United Kingdom 

Now fitted. Thumbs Up

Although I initially had issues with getting the Sat-Nav display (the reverse worked fine), this was sorted with a power off reset.

I can't get the remote to do anything, however - is this because I have no other inputs connected??? Need to 'tweak' the guide lines somewhat ...
 Regards,
Mick

- 2014 SDV8 Autobiography
- 'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie'
- 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #8156109th Jul 2011 8:01 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Spooky

What position have you got the dip switches in because I can get a video to show up on AV1 or any of the other inputs but once this image is on screen it wont toggle with the button to another screen or back to the sat nav screen, but as soon as I remove all video inputs I get the nav screen back.
My remote did not seem to work at first but when you get a video on screen my remote works ok.
I have tried all sorts of positions with the dip switches but can't get it to work with the toggle button.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #8156489th Jul 2011 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Spooky

United Kingdom 

All on 'Bypass', as I haven't got anything connected to the 3 inputs (yet); only the reverse camera. I'm looking to fit a camera to the winch in future, mind ...
 Regards,
Mick

- 2014 SDV8 Autobiography
- 'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie'
- 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #8156509th Jul 2011 10:11 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
GVIF Unit U/S

Ian

Can you contact me as the GVIF unit is not working I can't toggle from the live video screen to any other screen and no access to the setup menu screen, I can access the screen settings menu with the remote but thats all. I think the toggle switch is ok it must be a fault on the unit as I have tried evey way of setting the dip switches that I found on the net.

Reverse camera works ok and so do all the video inputs its just as soon as I put any video on any source it seems to lock on that source and I can't then get back to the nav screen.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #81728414th Jul 2011 8:45 pm
hids4u

Hi All
Sorry for no reply. I have been driving back from Poland to UK with many pit stops on the way on a so called holiday. Good thing was i had no internet (almost apart from in the off hotel lobby when the wife wasnt looking)

I have been chasing the manufacturer and their response is amazing. They tell me the remote control they sent with the version 2 is indeed the wrong one - and from the version 6 units and guess what - this cant work with V2 without reprogramming the gvif chip. great. this means sending the boxes back to korea.

the issue with the toggling they havent got an answer for yet.

they are shipping over some updated units and as soon as these come in i will be able to exchange just the bixes - leaving all the wiring in place. So if you could hang on for a couple of weeks i would appreciate it.

Anyone in desperate need - there is an option of returning the v2 unit and upgrading it for the v6 unit but i dont have enough v6 in stock to swap them all hence my request to hang fire.

i will try get to the bottom of the toggle and dip switch issue - i have picked up a v2 and will try it on the sport at the weekend

R
Ian

Post #81734814th Jul 2011 11:22 pm
hids4u

fitz39 wrote:
Hi Ian,

I have a 56 range rover sport and am looking to purchase from you, could you please advise what the difference is between [url]http://www.hids4u.co.uk/Land-Rover-Discovery-3-Range-Rover-Sport-GVIF-Interface-Unit-including-Number-plate-reversing-camera.html [/url]& http://www.hids4u.co.uk/land-rover-discove...creen.html.

Thanks

Hi Fitz
The difference is the version of the GVIF unit an older version versus the latest model. At the moment i have taken out of stock the v2 - but we do have the forum price of 249.99 including a camera CCD for the version 6.2 unit - the latest model. http://www.hids4u.co.uk/admin/product_modify.php?productid=17738

r
Ian

Post #81734914th Jul 2011 11:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >