Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

MMMnnnnn lush
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Nice one Ron.

Have a look here for a bit of info on SRP. That's the stuff I use as I've always found it the most effective out of all the polishes I've used. A comparison test was done recently on all the hand-applicable polishes and SRP came out on top. It's also not terribly expensive (circa a fiver to 6 quid ISTR) and is easy to apply and buff off. It wont just fill in the swirls and scratches but it will bring out a very deep and glossy shine which will last for ages provided you stick to Bodsy's 2 bucket method and don't let it get scratched.

Can't advise on a clay bar as mine has only just arrived in the post but will be looking to get out and test it in a couple of weeks. We've got some nasty contamination on the alloys which the Meguiars kit should remove.
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #29958516th May 2008 12:04 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The ammount of money I've spent with them when they were Clean And Shiny & I didn't get offered those services..... Mad 8)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #29958616th May 2008 12:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

BCP, how much it did cost? I appreciate that the cost would vary depending on what work was required etc. but it would be good to know a "ball park" figure, as I wouldn't have a clue. I'm guessing if it took 12 hours, it wouldn't be cheap!
My paintwork is in a real mess, covered in swirls & scratches. That doesn't real bother me, but it might be wise to have such a "detailing" done prior to selling, especially if I went for a private sale.

Post #29971716th May 2008 5:03 pm
bigcarpchaser

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Lots...£450!!!! And that was one of the cheapest prices I got and Bryan is "One of the best" apparently.
(Now stands back and waits for lots of WTF!!) I suppose when you look at it the fella had a 14 hour day at least, plus all the product, equipment etc, it's not bad. Cheaper than my IT network blokes that's sure,
Yea yea, I know it's a lot of money but I think it's worth it to get it nice once, now I can look after it properly.
Knowing what I know now, I'd get it done in lieu of a dealer doing the external PDI "clean" on day one, and they're definately NOT washing it when it gets serviced.
Any scratches now will be soley down to me.
See how I'm still trying to justify it to myself Laughing
Oh yea. It's dirty now so I'm intrigued on how well the Zaino stuff will wear when I give it a quick once over at the weekend.
 Welcome "Lola" Smile  
Post #29977616th May 2008 8:28 pm
nealgs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Must say it does look good - our Java Black D3 has loads of swirls over bonnet area, were i assume previous owner has cleaned using sponge/scouring pad Evil or Very Mad

I was ours using microfibre cloths and sheepskin mitts - just need to get something to remove swirls so may take a look at the SRP that CY mentions (or clay bar)

Gary
 Gone: Java Black TDV6, Auto, HSE - yum, yum Smile
(Gone: 96' V8 ES Charleston Green, 96 V8 ES Black)
Toy: Southern Roadcraft Cobra, 383ci Chevy V8

Club - HiVis Smile
Club - Disco3.co.uk Round Stickers
Club - Disco3.co.uk External Badge 

Post #29995517th May 2008 11:33 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks BCC. I think that £450 seems very reasonable for the amount of time, effort & probably expensive products used.
I see it as a "mod". Just as some, inc. myself, are happy to spend money improving the performance of the engine & off-road capability. This has improved the paintwork.
As you say, I'm sure that it will be much easier to keep clean now & I'm certain it would be easier to sell.
But most importantly, if you want your D3 to look ultra clean & shiny, then it's money well spent.

Post #30065019th May 2008 11:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >