Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Battery Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

At either end of the battery there is usually a small plastic plug for a breather. The one that faces the bulkhead (the negative end) can remain installed and the one facing the front of the car (positive end) is removed and the car's breather should be plugged in. Occasionally breather tubes become disconnected or even removed accidentally.

D3 breather (white connector, black tube) installed:

Click image to enlarge

D4 breather (red connector, black tube):

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #139856531st Dec 2014 7:46 pm
omg!

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks Robbie.

I will put the negative end plug back in then.

There is no breather pipe at all so I guess I should go and find one and install it.

Post #139856831st Dec 2014 7:50 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Normally, it will be crushed under the battery, or tucked down behind the fusebox Rolling Eyes
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #139856931st Dec 2014 7:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Often found loose somewhere in the bottom of the battery box.

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #139857031st Dec 2014 7:52 pm
omg!

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks Mike. I will take it out again and have a rummage round in there tomorrow.

Post #139857131st Dec 2014 7:52 pm
ChrisD3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Replaced my battery

after getting the HDC suspension fault message at start up

and fault code B1B70-81 local interconnection network bus circuit 2

and more recently starting to get the left side ventilation actuator faults.

battery tester showed battery to be at 65ah.

i purchased a silver yuasa battery from halfords with a friends discount i got it for £85.

starter motor turns the engine over much quicker and after an 80 mile run and plugging in the iid tool to check for faults the D3 is fault free Very Happy this is a very happy moment.

and also as others have mentioned my breather pipe had fallen off .

Chris
 2005 D3 SE Auto  
Post #139864531st Dec 2014 10:14 pm
ron3005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just ordered FACEBOOK45 still gives you the discount Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #14003054th Jan 2015 1:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Crackers

England 

Ron3005 - I hope Yodel deliver yours quicker than mine... It was supposed to be here last Friday and the latest tracking info is that they tried to deliver at 20.01 last night (Saturday) and left a calling card. Which is absolute Tosh! I waited in all day Friday and Saturday for their no-show. I can understand if they have delays/backlog due to the holidays, but I can't stand lies.... Evil or Very Mad

Post #14005554th Jan 2015 1:24 pm
SWR

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Off Topic Crackers I have had the same issue with Yodel on a delivery from ebuyer. There were useless. I ended going to collect it. I rearrange 3 times, and they didn't try and deliver on the days i rearranged for, but other days. When i finally picked it up, it was smashed to pieces.
I have complained to yodel and buyer. It will be a month and a half before I get the replacement.

Thats even if they come and collect the return shipment.

My battery from Tayna came through UKmail, and they were great. Thumbs Up
 D3 HSE TDV6 Auto. Bonatti Grey.

Mods:
V8 Brake upgrade (front Only), Full height Luggage guard, Rubber mats all round, RLD spare wheel protector, Terra Firma Steering and Transmission guard, Smoooooth Nappa steering wheel, Clock on dash and Reverse home lights. National Luna split charge system, front and rear light guards, Danhag GSM (on loan), JE stage 1 remap... Zero money

Post #14005604th Jan 2015 1:33 pm
trev 1

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

Just ordered an Exide Premium 017TE from Tayna, Disco did not want to get up this morning, cant do with that.

Post #14008714th Jan 2015 8:21 pm
Crackers

England 

Trev - let us know how delivery goes for you. I have wasted a 3rd full day waiting for Yodel to no-show even though they again claim they were here this evening and left a calling card. I am going to their depot tomorrow to collect the battery and leave my own calling card! Twisted Evil

Post #14017676th Jan 2015 12:40 am
trev 1

Had an e-mail this morning at 7.45 saying delivery between 11.05 & 12.05 so we will see.

Post #14018566th Jan 2015 10:59 am
trev 1

New battery came at 1.45pm, will fit it in morning. a chap in a little van with building services, plastering, no job too small on the side brought it, god knows who he was.

Post #14021596th Jan 2015 6:06 pm
ron3005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Got mine today and fitted in 10 mins what a difference it made starts faster no faults showing my baby is born again Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #14022556th Jan 2015 7:25 pm
Crackers

England 

Ladies & Gentlemen - Please do everything possible in your lives to avoid Yodel courier deliveries! Big Cry

I apologise in advance for the length of this post but hope that the time taken to read it will be a lot less than the time you would otherwise spend dealing with this pathetic excuse for a service company!

After no shows on Friday, Saturday and Monday, I elected to collect the battery myself from their Reading depot. I was there for over an hour this afternoon whilst they went away to find my battery. After someone going to look for it, I saw nobody for over 50 mins (!). No updates or "Sorry for the delay - we're having a problem finding your parcel". The stories of Yodel related woes became quite a laugh among the increasing number of people waiting to get served (some waited over 30 mins before seeing anyone - despite the hi-tech Bell!). Only one person walked out with their parcel whilst I was there...
Eventually, I was told that the battery was logged as having been taken off the van for collection but they couldn't find it in the cage. Naturally, I asked the simple question "So, where is my battery?". Their answer was "We don't know - probably with the service provider..." "By that, do you mean that its probably still on a van somewhere, despite your records saying it was taken off the van?" "Er, well, yes - could be... Very sorry about that.." "And, yes, our driver has been to the wrong address twice". "You don't say - where has he been?" Yodel person prints maps - it's over a mile away, a completely different address and postcode... "So, if its on the van now, where is the van?".. "We don't know..." "Can you call the driver and find out?" "Er, no. we don't have his number..." Gobsmacked.. So, I have now indicated my precise house location on a map, given them my home and mobile numbers and informed them that I will wait in all day again tomorrow (for the 4th time) for them to try one more time.

I fear that I have more chance of winning the lottery than receiving my battery tomorrow... Censored

I'm glad that others haven't had the same problem (different couriers perhaps?) and no blame attached to Tayna in this case.

BTW - if anyone needs it, the number for Yodel's Reading depot (I can't bring myself to call it a "Service Centre") is 0203 7382754. Beware - It's not publicised and I've no idea whether anyone will actually answer it...

MY recommendation - check courier is NOT Yodel on anything you buy online. If you find it is, cancel your order!

Post #14025377th Jan 2015 12:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >