Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 26 <123 ... 91011 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I dropped my baby off to M-Tech on Saturday to get it out of my way. And on top of the bootlid being repainted, they are painting the top mirror caps for me. And last minute decision has also meant that later today I will be popping in to see about getting a few other bits done. Mainly want to get the door rub strips colour coded if the price is low enough, and also hoping to get the boot handle painted and maybe the door handles. But may be getting a little ambitious with the budget I have this time round. I have a maximum of £420 I can spare for the bodyshop. So lets see what happens. But so far this company have kept to there promise and have been very very helpful, despite them assuming that they wouldn't be getting the work originally. And I am really pleased that after all the effort they put in to inspecting my car, that they are the ones who have got the job.

After Monday, I will be resisting going in to see my car though despite the fact they are soo close to where I live. I just can't wait to get it back already lol.

Post #156178616th Nov 2015 5:29 am
disco-nut

I have now bought the fog light bezels, brand new from LRDirect. So once the Discovery is home it will have the huge holes made to look tidy lol. Just need the fog lights, loom and switch next lol.

And I am now ready to do the headlight mods where I will be painting the inside black and getting rid of the orange bits.

Post #156218416th Nov 2015 11:48 pm
disco-nut

Fog light bezels arrived, sadly no Discovery to fit them to yet lol.

Post #156397920th Nov 2015 1:43 am
disco-nut

Another delay Sad But will all be worth it. I was hoping to get the car back today, but it now won't be ready until approximately Wednesday.

Further proof to the fact that the last repairer charged for parts not replaced includes the fact that the upper tailgate handle bolts just spin and won't undo as they have rusted. Yet the handle was supposed to be brand new even though it never needed replacing.

I now have a pair of projector LED bulbs for the sidelights to replace the current SMD sidelight bulbs.

Post #156444120th Nov 2015 8:04 pm
disco-nut

Getting excited and frustrated at the same time. Phoned the body shop today to be told the car was in the paint booth at the time I made the call. Semi gutted as I am busting a gut to go and see it and I am trying my hardest to resist the urge to drive down to sneak a peak. Although I have been told that I may get it back today. But I can't see that happening with the paint being so fresh.

I really can't wait to get my Discovery back though. I am bouncing off the walls in my head with desperation. And annoyingly I have to give the hire car back tomorrow at the latest. So I hope it is at least ready before I have to hand the hire car back.

Post #156719025th Nov 2015 3:20 pm
disco-nut

I got frustrated and bored, so paid a visit to M-Tech, I do feel sorry for them lol, But was told the painting was all finished and that my car will be re-assembled tomorrow. So I am picking it up tomorrow for definite. And also on top of another hospital appointment to do with the car accident tomorrow, I have got to return the hire car. So finally, I will be back in my own car Smile

Post #156735025th Nov 2015 8:22 pm
disco-nut

It's home Smile

They didn't get time to do the seat staines though Sad

And the Land Cruiser broke down on the way back to the hire company. So glad it has gone!

Post #156770926th Nov 2015 5:15 pm
disco-nut

Bl***y Discovery! I went out in the Discovery to Dungeness and Folkestone, and on the M20 on the way home from Folkestone, a large gust of wind pushed the car and the bonnet started bending up on one side, So I slowed down and stopped in Ashford, Loads of cr*p built up in the latching mechanisms. Of course without even thinking about it, I stopped opposite a Land Rover dealership lol. So I was stood there cleaning crud out of the mechanism and repeatedly opening and trying to close the bonnet. I ended up having to give up and had to drive another 40 minutes a lower speeds. I found that the mechanism has a lot of play in it. So after fiddling with it using a Ford key lol, I got it working again. But I guess this means I need a new one! NOT HAPPY!

The wheel bearing seemed to be a lot louder than before too when going around corners and at speed on the motorway. And the handbrake mechanism is banging every time it is used now and it sounds like it binds on one side when I reverse a lot of the time as makes a loud squeaking sound although I did wonder if that could be the wheel bearing.

So for now, the Land Rover is on light duties and the other car is picking up the slack.

But as soon as my accident money comes through, Geoff. will be getting a call from me as I am going to get a whole bunch of stuff done at the same time as I am with him with the car.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #156901829th Nov 2015 7:16 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

You need to get Geoff round to sort that EPB before it jams on and you can't move the car. Ignore this and you will open up a whole world of pain you never knew existed. Rolling Eyes
Make it a priority or suffer. Big Cry

Regarding the bonnet catch, you probably won't require a new one. Search the forum, you'll find the answer.
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #156904229th Nov 2015 9:55 am
disco-nut

I have stopped using the handbrake for now as I really cannot afford to get anyone out right now as my rehabilitation costs from the accident for travel are coming out of my pocket and won't be reimburst until February next year Sad

Post #156942929th Nov 2015 9:14 pm
disco-nut

The black badge is now fitted Laughing and I have Christmas'd up the Disco Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #15713503rd Dec 2015 2:37 am
disco-nut

This took some hunting, My Diary seemed to have vanished part time from the club site lol. Maybe my computer was just having a hissy fit lol.

But here is a daylight picture of my baby with the tinsel lol

Post #15718684th Dec 2015 3:06 am
disco-nut

After the accident, I lost my LED rear lights as they were smashed. But now as an early Christmas present, my Mum bought me a pair of replacements. So that mod is back on the list.

Only thing is, My Disco now needs work which won't be done until January as the only person I trust is busy lol.

Something is wrong with the EPB although it is working fine, but makes a loud clonk most of the time it is used and makes a scraping noise like a brake it is metal on metal with the brakes, but the discs are new and the pads are new and are fine and with a few pushes and pulls of the button at a stand still I can make the noise stop, so presumably the handbrake shoes are stick on on the passenger side. And I have a noisy passenger wheel bearing as the last owner had britpart bearings fitted in October 2014.

Other then that, it is still going strong, although not used as much in fear of knackering the EPB on it or the wheel bearing totally dying lol.

Post #15729576th Dec 2015 5:04 am
disco-nut

The front wheel bearing has got unbearably loud, so I have just ordered a Timken wheel bearing, I am hoping I can find someone this side of Christmas to fit the bearing for me.

Post #15746319th Dec 2015 3:59 am
disco-nut

Finally got round to fitting my Projector LED sidelight bulbs in place of the SMD bulbs that I had already fitted. I found that the SMD wasn't bright enough to my liking. These are megga bright Smile

Also fitted antlers to the front.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #157678213th Dec 2015 6:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 26 <123 ... 91011 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >