Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 26 <123 ... 678 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I know the beast isn't home yet, BUT I made a purchase anyway. I have bought the chrome indicator bulbs from Advanced Factors which should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday ready to de-tango the headlights. But before I do take the lights apart, I need to get some clear silicone sealant as I want to give the headlights an fresh layer of sealant to stop any chance of condensation problems.

And I am planning on throwing the Disco into a bodyshop after Christmas and getting all the black bits colour coded depending on the cost as I have also got to get the Mondeo serviced, get a new clutch fitted and new starter motor as well as some body work sorted and new tyres etc...

But for now the MOT is coming up pretty fast for my D3, it will be due in November. So I will be chucking it in for its test in October.

Can't wait to get it back

Post #152177629th Aug 2015 11:43 pm
disco-nut

I bagged what I consider to be a bargain. A used bumper with parking sensors in it. No wiring loom though sadly, and I know I am getting a brand new bumper on my Discovery but I would like to add parking sensors.

Update on this purchase.
The seller has told me that the wiring harness is still attached. What luck Smile

Post #152216830th Aug 2015 9:19 pm
disco-nut

I had a good chat with the accident repair centre today, and was told that the floor was bent and the crash bar was badly damaged, And that already they have repaired the boot floor and welded a new crash bar on. I am assuming that the crash bar is in fact the rear cross member lol. But I will only be without my car for approximately a maximum of another 9 working days.

I then had to ring the assessor from my insurance company as I remembered that nothing was mentioned about the radio as the CD player stopped playing discs and had a bit of an argument with him as he didn't believe that the fault occurred as a result of the accident! And he then said he could get the car take to Land Rover who could tell him when the CD player stopped working, so I told him to go ahead! He then responded with, I will ask the garage to investigate the CD player.

I am getting very frustrated with all this bull to do with the accident. I don't know what I am finding more stressful right now, the extensive physical damage from the accident or the stress of dealing with idiots to get my car repaired!

All I know right now is, I want my car back asap. And I want rid of the hire car asap.

Moan over.

Tomorrow I am hoping to pop to Hildenborough to collect the rear bumper for my Discovery after my shed has been delivered. Can't wait.

Post #15232981st Sep 2015 11:42 pm
disco-nut

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I have now got the bumper home. Shame the Disco isn't home though.

Post #15236372nd Sep 2015 7:30 pm
disco-nut

What would you think if your car was due back by this coming Friday and you in fact found the car unlocked, exposed electric plugs, and parked outside in the marshlands near the salty sea!

This is how I found my car today at the accident repair centre.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #15259407th Sep 2015 8:48 pm
disco-nut

I have now been given the expected return date as the 15th September.

Apparently the car in the condition you see it in, in the photo's, is it being ready to go in for painting.

Post #15265638th Sep 2015 10:32 pm
disco-nut

My Discovery is being returned on Monday 14th September, I drove down on Friday and hit the roof when I saw the state of my car again. It was in what they called FINISHED condition and if I wanted I could have taken it there and then.

But let me tell you what I found when I arrived unannounced. The car was unlocked. The original bootlid was still on not fitting properly as it is bent from the accident and has dents, Car Craft Accident Repair Centre on Dengemarsh Road near Lydd had simply painted over the damage, tried to hide some of the damage with the new trim. Bad orange peel effect from a bad paint job.

The car was covered in dirt and looked like it had been driven through a field as the new rear bumper and new sidestep was covered in dirt.

The car was unlocked and out of view from them.
Unfortunately for them one of the head repairers was standing next to the car next to my Discovery, so I confronted him. And was infuriated when he told me that they weren't even going to fix the gearbox issue as they decided it must be wear and tear due to the mileage and a boot was missing from inside.

I told them they were a bunch of Hill Billies and I am not happy with the repairs.

I phoned my insurance company who have told me I have to accept the car back on Monday but with them knowing that the repairs are not up to a good standard. If they have cut corners on the external repairs, what have they cut corners on underneath?

The insurance company phoned Car Craft and were told that the repairs they had done were exactly how the engineer from my insurance company told them to do them.

So now a different engineer is being booked by my insurance company on Monday to come out to my home address to inspect the car. And this time I want the car taken to a Main Dealer.

They cannot use the wear and tear gag for the repairs needed as the car has Full Service History which is mostly main dealer.

But luckily for me I took photos of the car at the yard both times I was there.

The first time I was lied to on the phone, I called them last Tuesday and was told the floor and crash bar had been replaced, but I made a surprise visit last Wednesday and found that the car was just stripped down and appeared abandoned outside and left to the elements.

Can't wait to get it away from that company.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #152854512th Sep 2015 10:35 pm
disco-nut

The Discovery is home,

The dents that the trim were covering have gone, the lettering has been put in place, but the bootlid is still bent!!! And whoever painted the bootlid failed to let it dry before fitting it as the paint has come off where the top half has been shut. And because the boot is not straight, it does not sit right or flush.

Not only that but the front 2 seats now have stains on them! And that is all SO FAR. So not a happy person right now. Although getting to drive the Discovery again made me fall in love with it all over again.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I am about to carry on going over the car so that I can submit my report to the insurance company.

I also suspect the drivers mirror is new although was not damaged in the accident.

Post #152950214th Sep 2015 6:57 pm
disco-nut

Bodged!!! By the accident repair centre.
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Rear cross member was supposed to be new. Somehow I think the receptionist who lied to me, forgot to tell the mechanic to do his job.

A massive formal complaint has been lodged with my insurance company. I have told them that this time the car has to go to a reputable main dealer as I do not trust that Car Craft will do a good job!

Post #152963814th Sep 2015 9:23 pm
Biker Pete

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Wow, you are really having a battle Sad

Chin up fella and don't let it get to you Thumbs Up

Post #152986515th Sep 2015 1:07 pm
disco-nut

Cheers.

I am not sure how long to leave it before I chase up the complaint.

The Discovery is driving ok, but the average MPG has gone down. I haven't de-tango'd it yet, and the nudge bar is not going back on until the car situation is sorted.

Click image to enlarge

Post #153123617th Sep 2015 11:24 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Don't leave it more than a few days from now.... The stains on the seats alone are enough to kick off about. I would be really p Censored d off about that, let alone the other things. That 'repair establishment' needs shutting down...... Shocked Rolling Eyes .......Good Luck with getting it repaired by someone competent. Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #153123717th Sep 2015 11:31 pm
disco-nut

Not a happy bunny, Direct Line Group are useless for me. But I am insured with one of there brand insurance companies. But not again after this experience. At renewal they can kiss me goodbye.

They told me today that whoever I spoke to failed to LOG the complaint on their database, So now along with my email complaint being acknowledged, the complaint is logged. They are now going to call me on Monday to arrange for an engineer to look at the car and the report I was given. And then (this really p Censored s me off), It HAS to go back to Car Craft in Dengemarsh to allow them to correct the repairs. And then if I am still not satisfied with the repairs, I will be allowed to choose my own repairer!

But at least my insurance company have promised me another equivalent hire car.
So the Disco is in use until next week. And really annoys me that it has to go back to the same garage who stuffed it all up in the first place.

Although my insurance company were impressed with how thorough I was with my own report and with all the photo's lol. I replied with, If it was your pride and joy and the car you had wanted for a very long time, then I think you would be thorough too. lol

Can't wait for this charade to be over.

Post #153161118th Sep 2015 8:29 pm
disco-nut

All mods have been put on hold as not managed to get the engineer booked to come out yet as of yet. However going to try and finish the fog light holes before the weekend as I have got to get the Discovery ready for the London 2 Brighton Run.

Post #153666029th Sep 2015 1:21 am
disco-nut

The engineer from my insurance company is coming to inspect the car for the 2nd time on the 9th October. So I get to to take it on the London 2 Brighton Run this year.

And the MOT is booked for the end of the month. I really hope it passes. I have booked it with the same company that MOT'd my last Discovery. So I will hopefully get honesty as my family have used this guy for around 8 years.

I have got a lot of prep work for the Discovery tomorrow to have it ready for Saturday and Sunday.

Post #15382151st Oct 2015 11:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 26 <123 ... 678 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >