Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Stolen- T3 CDO_Tonga Green Discovery 3 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hmmm...

I was with Markerstudy via A-plan previously. After advice on here and reading up on Defender2 I decided I would not renew with them. A-plan themselves are good though, so hopefully they will help sort it out. Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #15883046th Jan 2016 1:29 pm
tonywolf

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

dubbs wrote:
It may not have affected your NCD but it is now registered as a £14500 claim against you in the insurance databases and renewal insurance premiums WILL be affected as a result. Sure they will apply NCD afterwards but the actual underwriting calculation will now be much higher to begin with.

Jump on a comparison site, you'll have to add insurance claim details in the appropriate section regardless of NCD - watch the premium rise Big Cry

Sorry to add bad news but unfortunately we had this and it took 4-5 years for me to get cheap premiums again

Thats all i need Big Cry
 Regards Tony  
Post #15883156th Jan 2016 1:38 pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If the money is recovered from the other insurers, it is no longer a claim on your policy though, and should not be recorded as such. Thumbs Up

That said, though no doubt insurers would deny it, just about any hint of a claim anywhere is reported to result in a rise of sorts Evil or Very Mad , though I'm pleased to say I have not observed any increase in our policy since the FL2 accident. Smile
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #15883196th Jan 2016 1:52 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

You are asked to register all claims, fault or not fault, amounts etc.,

Unfortunately the Censored use any siding excuse Big Cry

Try a comparison site, put your NCD in then try quotes with and without the claims history.

It has to be disclosed either way, they ask details on fault, reasons and who paid

Hopefully it won't affect you to much, I had a BMW M6 stolen from me by breaking in to my house for the keys.... So not exactly same as you but not my fault and insurance paid.
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #15883356th Jan 2016 2:20 pm
VVS210

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Sounds like Tony is handling all this a lot better than I would! My experience of insurance companies over the years is not good I'm afraid.

I left my previous insurer, Admiral, in November after they insisted that the risk used to calculate base premiums (i.e. before NCD was applied) was the same for SWMBO because she was hit by another driver as it would be if she had caused the accident. They doubled the premium for the F1 she drives and added 40% to each of the other cars which she is a named driver on... this despite the other drivers insurers (eventually) accepting liability and paying out in full.

So, who did I go to? - after reading posts on this forum and deciding I wanted to go to somewhere I could talk to someone who wasn't just a call handler I plumped for A-plan who have been very helpful and communicate well, however, they have got me three policies with Marketstudy, I hope I'm not going to regret that decision...

On a related note Tony, you must make certain that once this is all settled and the bodyshops insurers have paid your insurers back it is accurately recorded as so on the CUE database & that the details are correct - this is a database used by all insurers but like any database the data on it is only as good as the people who put it on there in the first place! Might be wise to keep a copy of any paperwork you get as confirmation in case it's needed later.

ATB and hope you find a suitable motor as a replacement.
 D4 - Stornoway Grey
D2 V8 - Zambesi Silver (rust free JDM import 😎)
FL2 - Sd4 HSE
110 Td5 DCPU - Bonatti Grey - sold
FL2 Td4 - Zambesi Silver - sold
D2 Td5 - Epsom Green - sold
F1 Td4 - Giverney Green - sold
90 300 Tdi - White – sold BIG mistake should have kept it!
F1 Td4 - written off by a taxi!
D1 300 Tdi - written off by a Fiesta...
D1 200 Tdi - sold
90 Turbo Diesel - sold
Ser 2a SWB - sold and glad I 'got rid'
Ser 2 SWB - sold but wish I still had it! 

Post #15883366th Jan 2016 2:21 pm
RandomKamikaze

United Kingdom 

I've also just taken out a markerstudy policy through A-Plan. A-Plan were excellent, just hope I don't need to find out how good (or bad) markerstudy are.

Have you started the search for a replacement yet tony?
 Disco gone Sad  
Post #15885766th Jan 2016 9:47 pm
Dusty

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Insurance companies, probably only 2nd to Estate Agents on peoples hit list. Appologies to any Estate Agents on here Whistle

But in fairness to the insurance company that settlement figure is very generous. Never been through the experience but from what I've heard they generally offer you approx 50% of the market value and much negotiating ensues until a compromise is reached.

Good luck with whatever replaces the D3 Thumbs Up
 Discovery 4 HSE
SDV6

Post #15885876th Jan 2016 10:09 pm
tonywolf

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

VVS210 wrote:
Sounds like Tony is handling all this a lot better than I would! My experience of insurance companies over the years is not good I'm afraid.

I left my previous insurer, Admiral, in November after they insisted that the risk used to calculate base premiums (i.e. before NCD was applied) was the same for SWMBO because she was hit by another driver as it would be if she had caused the accident. They doubled the premium for the F1 she drives and added 40% to each of the other cars which she is a named driver on... this despite the other drivers insurers (eventually) accepting liability and paying out in full.

So, who did I go to? - after reading posts on this forum and deciding I wanted to go to somewhere I could talk to someone who wasn't just a call handler I plumped for A-plan who have been very helpful and communicate well, however, they have got me three policies with Marketstudy, I hope I'm not going to regret that decision...

On a related note Tony, you must make certain that once this is all settled and the bodyshops insurers have paid your insurers back it is accurately recorded as so on the CUE database & that the details are correct - this is a database used by all insurers but like any database the data on it is only as good as the people who put it on there in the first place! Might be wise to keep a copy of any paperwork you get as confirmation in case it's needed later.

ATB and hope you find a suitable motor as a replacement.

Well noted and sound advise thanks, and thanks to all for your supportive comments. Ive just put an offer in on a 2013 RRS, so I pinged A- Plan late last night, so Im waiting in anticipation on the quote I get. Hoping its not to outlandish.
 Regards Tony  
Post #15886917th Jan 2016 3:47 am
tonywolf

dubbs wrote:
It may not have affected your NCD but it is now registered as a £14500 claim against you in the insurance databases and renewal insurance premiums WILL be affected as a result. Sure they will apply NCD afterwards but the actual underwriting calculation will now be much higher to begin with.

Jump on a comparison site, you'll have to add insurance claim details in the appropriate section regardless of NCD - watch the premium rise Big Cry

Sorry to add bad news but unfortunately we had this and it took 4-5 years for me to get cheap premiums again

Just had a quote from A plan for my RRS, its in the £1000 mark, thats kinda doubled :blue: Ive gone back to them to verify on the insurance database that the money is or isn't registered against me
 Regards Tony  
Post #15898239th Jan 2016 11:15 am
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Remember the RRS is worth a lot more than the D3 so a greater liability to the insurer. Especially for somebody who leaves the country and leaves his car unlocked... Laughing

Post #15898279th Jan 2016 11:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tonywolf

Hmmmm, Im not even rising to that one!!
 Regards Tony  
Post #15898789th Jan 2016 2:08 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #159028510th Jan 2016 10:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tonywolf

Ive actually got a better insurance quote for the RRS from esure, and they haven't asked to fit a cat 5 tracker Thumbs Up , unlike Marketstudy Censored Censored
 Regards Tony  
Post #159152312th Jan 2016 12:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >