http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2774651

List price is £58,975 + £1,635 options.

Is that a shock, not sure?

Last edited by jimbg on 29th May 2017 10:02 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #182008829th May 2017 9:07 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

My mistake Embarassed

Update: I still have the windscreen price sticker for the demo D5 that the deal lent me for 5 days while mine was in for work. The price tag of £70,923 is still stuck in my head Shocked And even at that price, it still had a plastic dash top and door cappings Confused

Last edited by Red Merle on 29th May 2017 10:55 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #182009929th May 2017 10:02 am
J77

Scotland 

Theres no conspiracy theory as to why there is D5s on the used site, there's nothing odd about it, people reading to much into it, they ain't even at a good price.

Some buy then realise its not the car for them as I did with the DS, doesn't make it a sales disaster just not the car for me. Also the new engines are looming, happened with the DS most waited for the new engine and then they started flying out the showroom.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green 

Last edited by J77 on 29th May 2017 10:09 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #182010429th May 2017 10:05 am
Discofixer

England 

Morning the incentive to swap demos and courtesy cars is trying to reach reg targets jlr have a problem child with the d5 we are having problems selling them too expensive? Questionable looks? Too soft/yummy mummy we are just waiting to be allowed to discount them then see used values soften on the upside all of you with late d4 especially landmarks are going to retain good value we have awaiting list for them widely accepted as the last true landrover

Post #182010529th May 2017 10:07 am
J77

Scotland 

Well when a Disco is priced at £70k+ you have to be off your head to pay that.

I have an SE spec, LED headlights, leathers, electric seats etc, just under £54k inc options, mainly the paint, it's nice spec. This for me is about as much as the car is worth, IMO HSE and above ain't worth the money for not a lot more kit above SE.

Ideally for me I would've preferred entry level S spec with LED or even xenon lights and 3.0 engine would've suited me perfectly. My D4 was entry level SE, only options were privacy glass and Xenons, it done the same job as the more expensive HSE/Lux cars.
Post #182010729th May 2017 10:14 am
jimbg

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:
Having tested the D5 off road (in some very tricky stuff) fairly intensively, it's a hugely capable car. However, the thick pillars, the rounded shape and the inability to place the very rounded and completely out of sight front corners tend to outweigh the advantages of the loss of a couple of hundred kilos (V6 vs V6) when the going gets very tough.

The best way to see the corners and front when in a tight spot is to use the camera if fitted.

Post #182024329th May 2017 4:56 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I'd been using those quite a lot and they're great when the going is relatively easy and you can guide the car slowly past obstacles and along narrow tracks.

However, when you're having to swing around a 120 degree blind switchback, coming on to a 1 in 3 hill surfaced with large chunks of semi polished wet rock, with mud and lose rocks, with very spare room next to a vertical soil and root bank around 4 to 5 feet high and needing to hold the revs at at least 2,500-3,000rpm, to avoid losing traction and momentum, it all happens very quickly and cameras (especially mud splattered ones) are not as much use as you'd think! Shocked

Seeing the corner of the bonnet would have been really nice Thumbs Up

Post #182030629th May 2017 7:35 pm
defector

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Gerry Mcgovern is the tailor , the D5 is the emporers new clothes.
Who will be the child thats shouts ......................................

Post #182031529th May 2017 7:57 pm
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well if "Discofixer's " statement is close to the mark? .Then LandRover have a problem as they have chucked shed loads of money at it to me is overpriced as now on RR territory .
So would they redesign or drop it ?
Other manufacturers have now caught up to a degree with what they can offer and even cheaper and better on the eye?
And they have stated that they are leaving lower end market to others.
Sad to say at moment I for one am on my last Disco due to what's out there even to a point of changing brands also no way am I'm paying the snob tax on top as it's over £40k.

Post #182036929th May 2017 8:58 pm
J77

Scotland 

They need to drop the price, I thought I was mad at £54k but when I see others spending £65k, £70k, £75k on a Discovery there is nothing on it that makes worthy of such a price tag, LR are getting away with it people are happy to pay the cash and getting very little for it IMO.

It's part of the reason my next car won't be a LR product, I enjoy my D5 despite what others say about it but it's crazy money and not worth it, the DS I think there is better out there in that class especially now the new XC60 is out, excellent spec under the magic £40k. The Evoque is too small and the other two RRs are out of budget.

So it's XC60 or V90CC for me
Post #182037829th May 2017 9:15 pm
PeanutBob

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

In many ways Land Rover is similar to Thorntons chocolates in that they want to penetrate every market there is. As a result the Thorntons brand became devalued both in price and customer perception. The Land Rover brand is becoming similarly devalued in customer perception, but not in price yet...
Years ago there were three vehicles, Defender, Discovery and the Range Rover, all highly regarded . Now, it's a muddle of expensive SUV type vehicles, with the only really special vehicle left being the FFRR, closely followed by the RRS. But a huge success in terms of sales across the range with substantial market penetration, but less allure.

Post #182039629th May 2017 9:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

LR are attempting to follow the German model. VAG and BMW have ranges that are just different sized and priced versions of the same thing. I think LR have seen this and think it's the way to go. Sadly, they have missed the point that the Germans cover a wide price range. LR's prices start at "a tad pricey for what you get" and go up to "Really? For a Discovery?".
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #182044229th May 2017 10:51 pm
Nikki

Australia 

jimbg wrote:
Red Merle wrote:

£57,995 even buys an HSE V6 with <1,000 miles Shocked

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2774651

List price is £58,975 + £1,635 options.

Is that a shock, not sure?

Is the V6 bi-turbo, anyone please?

Post #182046830th May 2017 1:59 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

No, it's a single turbo.

Post #182046930th May 2017 5:46 am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
LR are attempting to follow the German model. VAG and BMW have ranges that are just different sized and priced versions of the same thing.

I've never liked that. I've stopped trying to differentiate VW products and just think of them as various sizes of Golf, while BMW's just remind me of a uniform, with the persons' rank/status "sewn" on to the boot lid. Yuck!

Post #182047130th May 2017 5:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >