Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Suspension error
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
JoeMacBandit

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Any idea what gallery means as in gallery pressure? I have not heard this term before.

Post #183877920th Jul 2017 3:43 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

i believe it's the overall pressure within the entire suspension system , pressure reading taken from the pressure sensor that's located in the reservoir valve

Post #183879620th Jul 2017 8:08 am
JoeMacBandit

Thanks.

I just read some of the data stream parameters, specifically the Gallery pressure. When I key on the compressor kicks on and the Gallery pressure climbs rapidly to ~1220 Kpa (~180 psi). The system then gets a fault and the suspension amber light turns on. At that point this pressure rapidly decreases. It seems that there is a leak. I turn off the engine and get out and listen for audible leaks but cannot hear any.

Does anyone know what the typical cutout pressure is for the LR3 with the Hitachi compressor?

Post #183913721st Jul 2017 4:04 am
gstuart

joe

is this any help to u

Reservoir Pressure
The reservoir valve block also contains a pressure sensor which can be used to measure the system air pressure in the air springs and the reservoir.
The pressure sensor is connected via a harness connector to the air suspension control module.
The control module provides a 5v reference voltage to the pressure sensor and monitors the return signal voltage from the sensor.
Using this sensor, the control module controls the air supply unit operation and therefore limits the nominal system operating pressure to 16.8 bar (244 lb in2).
Maximum pressure is a nominal 23 bar (333 lb in2), however the reservoir is tested to a maximum of 35 bar (507 lb in2).

Post #183919621st Jul 2017 9:39 am
gstuart

also just found this

Click image to enlarge

Post #183919821st Jul 2017 9:42 am
JoeMacBandit

Finally getting around to working on my suspension. I have decided to pull the tank on one end and the air-intake filter on the other and make sure there are no issues.

My first problem is that after getting the suspension air intake filter out, I decided to clean what looked like a simple sponge filter...once I got it wet, it disintegrated in my hands. An internet search resulted in only finding an entire replacement (line in, grommet, housing and filter). Does anyone know what the filter is made from (does it have carbon in it ? Does anyone know if you can just purchase replacement sponge-like filters (no housing)?

Next I drained the air from the tank by backing off the plug to slowly let the air out (disconnected power connector to compressor so it does not try to charge a tank with effectively a hole in it, when I turn the car on. The brass plug had green oxidation in it...clear indication of moisture in the tank...so the air dryer has most likely seen better days. I have similar metric o-ring sealed plugs so I will replace this. Anyone know how best to clean out the inside of a reservoir\tank? I am thinking of sandblasting the outside and powder coating it. Can I just un-thread the Voss fitting?

BTW, I had to basically pull off the left hand exhaust heat shield to get to the air intake filter line. All 4 nuts were completely rusted and heat damaged, so the only way to get the heat shield off was to pull on it and tear. I am not sure how I am going to replace the bolts that received these nuts. I can purchase nuts online. I will try to replace with stainless steel.

Post #185863517th Sep 2017 8:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >