Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Webasto Control Available Very Soon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>
DiscoDuck

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Back to the FBH control

It looks as if this is going to run the far side of the holidays, and for some I fear the moment will have passed! The marketing does need to start now! Those in "negoations" should realise this.
 D4 HSE
Blue 

Post #3251313th Dec 2005 8:15 am
igor

Russia 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Living in snowy Russia and unable to use webasto.

Is there any hope remote will be available? I'm sure that in Russia nearly everyone will use this feature for their LRs. Question

Post #3251413th Dec 2005 9:13 am
BN

England 
Re: Living in snowy Russia and unable to use webasto.

igor wrote:
Is there any hope remote will be available? I'm sure that in Russia nearly everyone will use this feature for their LRs. Question

Igor, welcome to the site. If there is a Webasto agent in Moscow you will be able to get the fix fitted easily, but I don't know of one yet. It will not be fitted by LR officially, but if you go to:

Список дилеров:
АА НЕЗАВИСИМОСТЬ
125871, Москва, Ленинградское шоссе 71
тел.: (095) 795-00-99

I think they will help as I use them a lot.

Post #3255413th Dec 2005 1:27 pm
ally

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

BN,

Other issue's I think are as important as price are, how long to fit and where to go for fitting. Any idea's on these?

Cheers

Ally

Post #3255513th Dec 2005 1:40 pm
BN

England 

Ally, the fix is done and should take no more than a morning. What you all have to bear in mind is that Webasto have to try and test the fix for their Quality and Standards control. Additionally there is another situation that of left hand drive and right hand drive for fixing. I would dearly like to give out prices and order forms for the fix, but they have not yet been approved by Webasto Germany the HQ. I would also like to hand over to Martin a bit of cash for allowing his site to be the centre of a the fix. All this is in the pot at the moment being sorted out as fast as the company can go.

I like you can only wait for a large International company to get the thing on the market.

One thing for sure, you guys who have registered interest will be the priority ones.

Post #3255613th Dec 2005 1:53 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Brian, costs aside there is still a couple of questions that are unanswered...

• Will this modification be accepted by Land Rover or will it invalidate vehicle warranties?
• Will a remote to operate the timer be available?

Cheers
Si
 The End  
Post #3255713th Dec 2005 2:04 pm
BBBob

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3
FBH

For me it doesn't matter how its activated, if I can have a cozy car at 3am then it will be good enough for me.

PS. Cheers BN for all your hard work. I'm sure there will be plenty of us benefiting

Post #3256013th Dec 2005 2:19 pm
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:
Brian, costs aside there is still a couple of questions that are unanswered...

• Will this modification be accepted by Land Rover or will it invalidate vehicle warranties?
• Will a remote to operate the timer be available?

Cheers
Si

The answer to the first question is why there is a delay as I have said before Webasto are OEM to LR and others, they are looking into their OEM cover with LR. The warranty 'should' not be effected, but they are checking that now.

Answer to question two is no, there will not be a remote yet, but it is not out of the question, because Webasto are working on a system that is in Jaguars using the same system as LR which is remotely controlled. But don't hold your breath as the cost could prohibit the project from both Webastos side and for you guys to buy it, you.

Post #3257013th Dec 2005 3:21 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Cheers Brian,

Strikes me unless you leave the house at exactly the same time every day or you know the night before what time you'll be leaving in the morning it's not going to be much use without a remote. If I've got go out and set the timer in the morning I may as well stick with using the radio trick or as I tend to now just set it to come on within a few minutes of setting it before the car goes to sleep

Obviously for owners without the settings menu options the add-on timer will be a bonus.
Whatever, it's a step in the right direction, hopefully a full-blown remotely operated solution with LR approval will soon follow

Thanks
Si
 The End  
Post #3257613th Dec 2005 3:33 pm
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:
Cheers Brian,

Strikes me unless you leave the house at exactly the same time every day or you know the night before what time you'll be leaving in the morning it's not going to be much use without a remote. If I've got go out and set the timer in the morning I may as well stick with using the radio trick or as I tend to now just set it to come on within a few minutes of setting it before the car goes to sleep

Obviously for owners without the settings menu options the add-on timer will be a bonus.
Whatever, it's a step in the right direction, hopefully a full-blown remotely operated solution with LR approval will soon follow

Thanks
Si

The remote is a very difficult one to crack due to the cars sleeping mode.

The timer is fine if you are a regular user. The problem with the radio is that it will lock up one day and be unlockable by LR or Webasto.

Post #3258613th Dec 2005 4:46 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

But surely the remote can be used to operate the new timer? I've already mentioned this and Ecosse said that Webasto already do such a product.
The sleeping shouldn't be an issue as we're talking about the remote operating the same timer that you're talking about Webasto adding on, if this can get round the sleeping issue then the only issue should be is can the new timer be operated remotely?

Si
 The End  
Post #3259013th Dec 2005 5:02 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Slimer wrote:
But surely the remote can be used to operate the new timer? I've already mentioned this and Ecosse said that Webasto already do such a product.
The sleeping shouldn't be an issue as we're talking about the remote operating the same timer that you're talking about Webasto adding on, if this can get round the sleeping issue then the only issue should be is can the new timer be operated remotely?

Si

Theres a logic in there somewhere Wink

And as far as I am concerned... if Webasto can make a timer to wake up the burner... why can't LR ?

Are we sure there's not some real underlying issue or reason LR have not implemented it ? Or is the menu option a left over from development and was never deleted - which I find unbelievable as this option would have stood out like a sore thumb if it was not supposed to be there.

Post #3259413th Dec 2005 5:08 pm
BN

England 

Slimer wrote:

Si

What ever you guys come up with Webasto have tried it. The answer is they may have an answer to wake up the car. The timer once set, could possibly (in theory) have a signal placed into it, but here we go again, the cost. So if you guys give me a cost you are prepared to pay I will ask the question.

Post #3260713th Dec 2005 5:54 pm
arsi

Finland 2005 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

There is one answer to the webasto remote but it needs some DIY and is not cheap. In following picture is a test setup I made some weeks ago. I have the timer installed and it works. In the timer there is a instant heat button. If you sit in the car and press the button it activates the Webasto even if the car is in sleep mode.

What I have done is I have wired the instant heat button into a external relay and the relay is then connected to a configurable GSM/GPS tracker. The tracker is configures so that when I send a text message 'W' to it the relay closes and the timer thinks that someone has pressed the instant heat button.

I have now used this setup for three weeks and it has worked flawlessy.

Post #3260813th Dec 2005 6:18 pm
BN

England 

arsi wrote:
There is one answer to the webasto remote but it needs some DIY and is not cheap. In following picture is a test setup I made some weeks ago. I have the timer installed and it works. In the timer there is a instant heat button. If you sit in the car and press the button it activates the Webasto even if the car is in sleep mode.

What I have done is I have wired the instant heat button into a external relay and the relay is then connected to a configurable GSM/GPS tracker. The tracker is configures so that when I send a text message 'W' to it the relay closes and the timer thinks that someone has pressed the instant heat button.

I have now used this setup for three weeks and it has worked flawlessy.

As I have said guys: "So if you guys give me a cost you are prepared to pay I will ask the question".

Post #3261113th Dec 2005 6:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >