Page 16 of 18 <123 ... 15 161718>
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

gecko_fr wrote:

If I restart to read fault codes, they are always in the ECU:evil:

Do you have an idea of the problem ?

Many thanks
Bruno

Then you have a fault that needs repairing in the car !! what fault codes do you have listed when you read them ?

Post #83022431st Aug 2011 8:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Hi Pete, I am quite interested in the BAS remap interface as well, but I also have Windows 7, 64 bit operating system on my computer. Could you let me know when your developers have finished and a version for Windows 7 is available.

Regards

Kenny

Post #8309292nd Sep 2011 12:48 pm
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Hi Pete

A question:

You say that if a car goes in to the dealers with your remap applied and is then unexpectedly re-flashed by the dealer, the interface will no longer recognise the car and the only way to resolve this would be to come with both the car and the interface to your workshop where you may be able to resolve the problem.

But, when someone sells their interface, you have confirmed that if they erase / wipe the interface and then read the new owners car, you can provide a custom remap for them.

Surely then, if locked out due to an unexpected dealer remap, the BAS interface could just be erased (as if being sold on), re-read the dealer remapped car (as if it were a different vehicle) and then emailed to you and an updated remap be provided? This being no more work for you than if they had managed to return the car to the original LR mapping before it went to the dealer and then read the new remap after getting it back.

Or, am I missing something? Confused

Or, is the information earlier on this thread now outdated and later software versions / new tool allows the interface to be wiped? If this is the case, it would be a big positive and take away the fear of an unexpected dealer remap resulting in a huge bill for a new interface or a big trip for those of us not living within easy reach of your workshop - making the initial decision to spend lots of money, slightly less difficult!!!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #83768021st Sep 2011 2:40 pm
bellautos

Hi Calcul@tor, stop calculating lol

If the car goes into the dealers with the map applied the customer/user has broken the rule that comes with the interface and is always adsvised about when pruchasing is made.
If the interface gets locked out because of a non return to standard and dealer update it needs sending back to the manafacturer for a costly repair at the cost of the user, i can not do it my self at my workshop as this is a security feature to stop the tool from being used on 2 cars at once.

The erase button is not active in the pc software when the car is still in tuned state its only active for use when the car is returned to original, hence why it cant be erased if the dealer makes an update while the car is tuned.

Users wont get into any unexpected problems or fear if all users spent the 3 mins to return the car to original before any dealer visits. Please remember, its me that looses most time overall creating a new file if needed because of a dealer update so spending a few mins to save the interface firmware isnt causing hardship on its owner.

The whole aim behind this interface is to give the customer a device that will maintain there tuning on there car if dealer updates are done, it also saves trips back to me if a standard non interface type mapping was done. if the user can re apply tuning it also stops warranty issues from suspected tuned cars, it also saves fuel costs traveling to workshops for remaps to be re applied.

The morrel of the storey is ALWAYS return your car to original tuning with the interface befor ANY dealer visit and the interface will be safe. Mr. Green afterall this is what the interface is designed to do which is keep your remap safe.

pete

Last edited by bellautos on 21st Sep 2011 5:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #83773621st Sep 2011 4:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Syd

United Kingdom 

Basically then, you are saying it is MUST to keep the interface tool in the car at all times, since if you have a road side a breakdown, Land Rover assist pick the car up on a transporter, take it to the nearest Land Rover dealer and you can guarantee the first thing they do it put the vehicle on their diagnostics and possibly update any out of date software.
The other issue, I guess you would have to leave instructions for everyone who drives the vehicle on how to use the BAS system, very frightening thinking how my wife would get on with this !!!! Big Cry Big Cry
 In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Down and out's Velar
In UK - Dare not say on this Forum
Gone - Lots of Lode Lane vehicles.
- Beta User 

Post #83776821st Sep 2011 5:26 pm
Calcul@tor

Thanks Pete for the clarification.

Syd wrote:
very frightening thinking how my wife would get on with this !!!!
My problem / concern exactly! D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #83777121st Sep 2011 5:30 pm
bellautos

Hi

Im sorry i cant make the manafacturer change the way the system works though i would if i could, even if it were just master software i had available.

It is simple on/off process as you know so im sure our wifes if needed could return the car to standard if Landrover assist were on the way. The menus are really clear and self explanatory so im sure no body would have a problem using it even if they have not used it before.

Pete

Post #83778221st Sep 2011 5:45 pm
geoff.

England 

it really is a simple operation to change back to standard map Thumbs Up

ps if anybody is near me and would like to see it in action then please contact me what i will do soon is put a video up on how to use the interface if that would help anybody.

may even get my wife to do it while i video it Whistle

Geoff

Post #83778821st Sep 2011 5:50 pm
Calcul@tor

While technically 'wife friendly' - it does mean she would need to know of its existence!!! Whistle
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #83779021st Sep 2011 6:00 pm
geoff.

England 

yep always kept in glove box simple Thumbs Up

ps must say in the event of the unthinkable happening i,m sure pete would do his utmost best to sort it he,s never let me down once and i,ve chucked a few problems at him Whistle

Post #83779121st Sep 2011 6:01 pm
GLYNNE

England 

My wife used to use mine with no problems what so aver, I can asure you it is very userfriendly and you will have no trouble using it. Thumbs Up

Post #83779821st Sep 2011 6:12 pm
bellautos

Calcul@tor wrote:
While technically 'wife friendly' - it does mean she would need to know of its existence!!! Whistle

Ahhh now i understand lol. so your basiclly asking me if there is a way round an issues if the car gets a dealer update because you cant keep the tool in the car to return it to standard if needed incase her indoors finds it. now i see why you cant just show here how to use it Sad

Sorry i dont have a more wiffey friendly soloution im afraid, i do my best with the girls but ive given up on trying to train ladys as im a lost cause at it lol.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 21st Sep 2011 7:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #83781121st Sep 2011 6:59 pm
Calcul@tor

Something like that!

Anyway - it will be a D4 MY12 and not until December... so I'll wait until then. Maybe a Christmas present!!
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #83781321st Sep 2011 7:01 pm
bellautos

hehe

Post #83781521st Sep 2011 7:06 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I've had a turbochip remap in my car for 6 years. I knew it would be wiped with the 'enhancement' programme back in 2006 but the TC people just came around to reload it. The point being is that my remap has only been wiped once in 6 years and that was with advanced notice.

Dealers and workshops have little incentive to go about wiping your remap, especially if this against customer wishes. Using the BAS tool ahead of scheduled maintenance is a precaution only so I don't think people need to worry too much.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #83786321st Sep 2011 8:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 18 <123 ... 15 161718>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >