Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

BAS Remap Interface Forum Discount Offer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 17 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Hi Pete, slightly off topic, sorry I haven't been back in touch after installing the remap last Friday. Truth is I haven't been too well and belive it or not , I have not driven the car since the map was installed Big Cry Hopefully I will be able to get out and give it a run and let you know how things are.

Regards

Kenny

Post #83811122nd Sep 2011 10:19 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks Kenny, send me a email rarhter than a post when you are better and have driven the car as i dont always pick up on new posts.

Pete

Post #83815622nd Sep 2011 11:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lrd3 Ruud

Netherlands 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto BournvilleDiscovery 3

Hi Pete,

As mentioned a while ago, right after installing my remap and driving around with a permagrin, i am very pleased with the remap. Mr. Green
But i was wondering if it would be possible to get a sort of "offroad" mode as an extra remap.
Maybe this has been discussed before but i couldn't find anything like that.
It would mean that i can change from the upgraded setting (for normal use) to original setting for when it needs to go to the dealer, and to a different setting for when i go play in mud etc.
Not sure how this setting would have to look then but, thats where you have the knowledge. Whistle

What do you think?

Thanx, Ruud Thumbs Up
 Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to see them come true.

MODS:
-TJM-OX 9500 winch, Dyneema winch rope, RLD hidden winch mount, RLD sump guard, RLD rock sliders, 2" OME suspension lift, Traxide dual battery system, B.A.S. remap, B.A.S. fbh controller, Cooper LTZ 285x60 R18, Fog lights, Viair 330 onboard air system, Victron 600watt 220v inverter, FR rear underbody protection (in progress)

Yep, still bits in progress, but we'll get there eventually!! 

Post #8540461st Nov 2011 8:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

Hi
A stronger map is pobbibile but not really pratical in my opinion, I say this because after every programming session the gearbox adaptation starts again and would out weigh any more added just for offroad.

I personally think you are best leaving it as it is and not pushing things more than needed just for offroad use which may take things over the edge in respect of safety.

Pete

Post #8540821st Nov 2011 9:31 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

With the approach of winter not far off it got me thinking how the BAS Remap will work in the Grass/Gravel/Snow setting on the terrain response.

I assume this will not alter the actual mapping of the car ?

Post #8543192nd Nov 2011 4:15 pm
bellautos

The remap power gain is in standard setting and all other settings of the terrain respnce.

Pete

Post #8544442nd Nov 2011 8:34 pm
lrd3 Ruud

Netherlands 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto BournvilleDiscovery 3

bellautos wrote:
Hi
A stronger map is pobbibile but not really pratical in my opinion, I say this because after every programming session the gearbox adaptation starts again and would out weigh any more added just for offroad.

I personally think you are best leaving it as it is and not pushing things more than needed just for offroad use which may take things over the edge in respect of safety.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for youre reply.
yeah i guess youre right, like you say, it has more than enough power and torque as it is.

Thanx again, Ruud Thumbs Up
 Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to see them come true.

MODS:
-TJM-OX 9500 winch, Dyneema winch rope, RLD hidden winch mount, RLD sump guard, RLD rock sliders, 2" OME suspension lift, Traxide dual battery system, B.A.S. remap, B.A.S. fbh controller, Cooper LTZ 285x60 R18, Fog lights, Viair 330 onboard air system, Victron 600watt 220v inverter, FR rear underbody protection (in progress)

Yep, still bits in progress, but we'll get there eventually!! 

Post #8544792nd Nov 2011 9:57 pm
bellautos

Your welcome Thumbs Up

Post #8545202nd Nov 2011 11:14 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Morning Pete.
Quote:
"The remap power gain is in standard setting and all other settings of the terrain respnce."
Thats fine, pretty obvious when you consider there is only one map in the ECU. But it just made me wonder.

I take it that when in grass/gravel/snow etc the parameters that are changed are not part of the engine map, rather part of the way the car sets the throttle response, stability control etc etc.

Post #8546303rd Nov 2011 11:10 am
bellautos

Hi, Im not sure if i understand the question, the ecu is far more complex than i think you understand it to be.

For clarification of the maps, their is more than one map in the ecu, you actually have a map for every gear including reverse and also every terrain response setting you have a map for also. This also includes a set of mapr for LO range Hi range, LOW speed, HI speed etc etc.

Some of these maps control driver requested torque from the pedal.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 3rd Nov 2011 11:33 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #8546393rd Nov 2011 11:16 am
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Hi Pete, What I was really asking is, when you select Grass/Gravel/Snow for use in the winter, is the car still running your remap or does it somehow revert to the original map ?

Post #8546433rd Nov 2011 11:21 am
bellautos

Sorry I was struggeling to understand what you was asking at first.

The answer is yes it is still tuned when in any or ALL of its terrain settings this is both HI and LOW ranges and all speeds.

Pete

Post #8546463rd Nov 2011 11:24 am
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Quote:
Cool, i was struggeling to understand what you was asking.
So was I Rolling with laughter

That answers my question though, thanks.

Post #8546543rd Nov 2011 11:35 am
bellautos

Your welcome.

pete

Post #8546613rd Nov 2011 11:46 am
sirdeck

I have been running with the BAS Remap for a while and love it, but it even feels better when combined with "Sand Mode". I'm using that setting for inner city use, but only occasionaly because I have read somewhere that the Sand Mode also alters the diffs settings and therefore is not appropriate for road/tarmac use.

Concerning the comment about the gearbox adaption, I sometimes have the feeling, that the remap actually feels "stronger" right after a re-programming. Whenever I visit the stealer, I change back to the standard setting and on the way home put the remap back on. I then have the feeling that the remap works better than after having used it for a while (and it's not just the felt difference to driving around without the remap, I think it might have something to do with the gearboy adaptation). By the way I'm not driving slow. I actually drive around most of the time in the sport setting of the gearbox.

Post #8547453rd Nov 2011 5:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 17 of 18 <123 ... 161718>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >