Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

10 minutes

Post #96022nd Feb 2005 9:59 pm
Ecosse

Winger - maybe this is another "different software issue" - I have certainly managed well over 10 mins with the radio! - over 1 hr 30 mins this morning!! Perhaps it is a randomised close down time!! Wink

Post #96322nd Feb 2005 10:48 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Maybe I misunderstood your point.

The IHU has a ten minute auto power off once the ignition is switched off and the key removed. That said, a residual power presence remains all the time - which keeps the clock running.

To the best of my knowledge, though, if you turn off the ignition and then manually power up the radio, there is no automatic power off cycle.

Would be interesting to know if the FBH, once you'd got it going, switched off if your turned the radio off again - without putting the key back into the ignition switch.

Post #96622nd Feb 2005 11:39 pm
Ecosse

Winger - I have found that the whole radio/sat nav powers off somewhere under 2 hours (but seems to be a random length of time) - this is after manually switching it back on having removed the ignition key ie it does on my version have some sort of power off cycle.
I'll try the idea of checking whether the FBH switches off if radio turned off mid-cycle!
I can only assume that the clock communicates with the FBH timer over the MOST BUS - my understanding is that the radio unit is the bus controller, so if it goes to sleep is that perhaps stopping the communication signals? I suspect it is more this issue of "communication" than a question of electric power at the radio that is the problem.

Post #97022nd Feb 2005 11:51 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I have an ongoing communication with LR Customer Relations on the FBH issue. I have written to them, describing all the scenarios we have discussed, and I have had a letter, and a personal phone call and follow up emails from CR.

They have asked me to describe in detail the the actions and sequence of events to make the FBH work. They asked me whether I could make the radio stay on all night, and asked me whether I locked the vehicle at night.

They are obviously interested, and my last contact was late last week, to let me know that they were still working on it. I replied with an email saying I would check back in 1 month.

Post #97123rd Feb 2005 12:35 am
Cocker

Folks,

During my successful test yesterday, when I got back into the car I switched the radio off....the FBH continued to run....it only went off once I started the engine. Does this may be mean that the FBH needs the radio on to fire it up(electrical charge to start it ?) but once it's running it works as expected ?. Look forward to hearing from Gareth later on, he seems to have the ear of someone interested in resolving our problem......

Post #97623rd Feb 2005 9:15 am
Pelyma

England 

Simon, mine is an HSE - do you still need a response?

Post #97723rd Feb 2005 9:16 am
Ecosse

OK - again worked this morning (with radio switched back on but sat nav screen turned off) - set up at 06.30 to go on at 07.00 which it did. I then opened car & switched off the radio at 07.15 & it kept going - so it would seem (at least on this occassion) that it only needs the radio clock "active" until it reaches its start time Very Happy (mind you I wonder how it knows to count down 30 mins ifthe clock is then off?) - more testing to do!

Post #97923rd Feb 2005 9:49 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes I do have a contact on the inside. They have asked plenty of relevant questions, but so far no answers. I have given them 1 month to come back to me.

My heater came on this morning! I got up at 6.30, nipped out and set it for 7.00, turned the radio on, got out, locked it, then went back to bed for 1/2 hr. Lovely warm de-iced car, but a bit of a pain having to go out in the snow to turn it on! somewhat defeats the object.

What I don't want is for the warm spring weather to kick in, and for everyone to forget about it.

Post #98023rd Feb 2005 10:09 am
Cocker

"Warm Spring weather"....what's that ?. Nearly into March and I awoke to almost a foot of snow this morning.....and still snowing....fun & games.

I certainly won't foget about it.....keep up the good work Gareth !.

Post #98223rd Feb 2005 10:29 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
Simon, mine is an HSE - do you still need a response?

Thanks but I need responses from 'S' drivers who have the Settings Menu and those that have had it activated (as it was missing) by their dealer.

Cheers,

-s

Post #98423rd Feb 2005 12:29 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I think you will find that the FBH once started with the timer, will run for far longer than the 30 minutes timer period if the radio is switched off. This is something to test tomorrow.

Post #98823rd Feb 2005 2:59 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

Having looked over the wiring diagrams, whilst I await the arrival of the blizzard, it seems as though the head unit does very little, other than provide the start trigger. As the clock is running all the time, and it is the clock element that sets the beast running, I hope LR are at least giving that are their attention. Seems as though the problem may be that without the head unit powered on, no signal is transmitted over the CAN.

It is also worth noting that the heater control unit sits between the head unit and the FBH, so I suppose there might be some blockage there.

Post #99423rd Feb 2005 6:09 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Winger

Are they the wiring diagrams on the GTR web site, or from somewhere else? Wink

Martin

Post #99523rd Feb 2005 6:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

No, they are the kosher ones!

Post #99623rd Feb 2005 6:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >