Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

SETTINGS menu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Ecosse

Re: settings menu

green oval wrote:
the issue with the fuel burner in the settings menu is a big talking point well let me tell you it will not work you can set a time into the IPK and it will carry out the time set into it but will not switch the burner on ... ... hop this helps if not a little bit bruttle

Green oval - unfortunately you either have never run a Disco3 or if you are indeed connected to LR in any way then you are simply quoting out of the Ford/LR "big book of standard excuses" Wink
Both I and numerous other actual owners of this vehicle regularly use this feature which works but only provided the radio system is reactivated after turning the ignition off. The rest of your comments about whether it should be there are typical LR propoganda - as far as we are concerned the vehicle has been sold to us with a feature, that feature has a defect (the clock/timing element), LR have issued a warranty to repair defects, they should do so. Your storyline is exactly that which a certain Gareth from ford.com gave on behalf of LR CS supposedly from the "lead engineer" - when challenged & when the function was actually demonstrated to the Regional Technical Manager the story changed from one of "it does not work" to "its not meant to be there".
Quite frankly if you want to post on this forum from some form of authoritative position, disclose your connection with LR then get your facts right first..... this is a "little bit bruttle" by necessity to avoid our members being sidetracked/misled by such misinformation. Very Happy

Post #235715th Apr 2005 8:23 am
Pelyma

England 

Hmm, my dealer said exactly the same until I showed them. I suggest as Ecosse says, you either do not have a DS3, are incapable of following the instructions on not only this site but others or are from LR. I respectfully suggest you get your facts right before calling a significant portion of us on here liars. With that sort of performance I guess you're probably from Customer Services. Sorry to be short with you, but I don't like being called a liar even if by inference Mad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #235915th Apr 2005 8:36 am
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I wonder whether we will hear from Green Oval again? I suspect not!
 2017 Disco5 First Edition(On Order)
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor
1950 Massey Ferguson Tractor 

Post #236015th Apr 2005 8:37 am
BN

England 

Guys, my guard was a little down yesterday after the situation with the forums etc, then I read green ovals comments and thought there was a little hope. I agree with Ecosse about 'green oval'. We all have slight variations anyway in operations and defects let alone the guys with big problems. Perhaps green oval would like to speak with Martin or better still tell us who they are and from which country or county?

Post #236515th Apr 2005 9:37 am
Raymond

Hi
My dealer has just called to say my disco3 will arrive next week. Until comming across this site I had no knowledge of any cabin pre-heater function and therefore was not expecting to get any such function.
My reading of this situation is that the webasto component is designed to do 2 things if the correct software is installed namely to assist with heating the engine on cold days (the reason it is in the D3) and to pre heat the cabin (which I belive functions in the Range Rover and may function in the RR sport)
I can only presume that LR are buying the same component for all the cars but only enabling the higher function ( cabin heating ) for the more expensive models,a position which I do not find unreasonable.
If you have found a software hack to enable this to work ,fair play, you have managed to get something for nothing but to then take this hack back to LR and demand that they make this pre heater work and effectivly include it in the spec of the car is unfair. the function was never sold to us
.Would I have liked it to be there, of course but it ain't. Sorry guys but I don't think I could complain about something not working that was never sold to me in the first place.

Raymond

Post #236615th Apr 2005 9:43 am
Pelyma

England 

Raymond, I put my money down in June last year, a fuel burning preheater was on the tables then. I would personally settle for the ability to fit the webasto remote (LR are currently stopping this) or at a push even leave the status quo. However LR seem to be pushing the idea their fix is to remove it - I call that theft Evil or Very Mad

It is such a shame, on the back of my sale the dealer has sold over £100K of cars, but the dealer is not getting the support from LR.

Post #236815th Apr 2005 9:49 am
Ecosse

Raymond wrote:

If you have found a software hack to enable this to work ,fair play, you have managed to get something for nothing but to then take this hack back to LR and demand that they make this pre heater work and effectivly include it in the spec of the car is unfair. the function was never sold to us
.Would I have liked it to be there, of course but it ain't. Sorry guys but I don't think I could complain about something not working that was never sold to me in the first place.

Raymond

Raymond - none of us are using a "software hack" - the feature is there & working, just in a faulty manner relating to the clock. Those of us who bought early had no detailed spec sheets & are therefore entitled to expect any functions in the vehicle as delivered to us to actually work properly. You may be in a different position, especially if before delivery the dealer makes it clear to you that there is no such feature included for you & you then accept delivery on that basis. Wink

Post #236915th Apr 2005 9:50 am
Raymond

Sorry guys

I was unaware that you had bought the cars almost totally blind to what the final spec would be. That indeed is a legal mess. LR could argue
that in placing your order in such circumstances you had faith in their choice of final spec and that althogh the componant is fitted the higer function was never intended to operate. Pelma,I am not sure how far the function being "on the tables" will get you.
Please do not missunderstand me though,if I had taken delivery of a car in your circumstances, got home and found a cabin pre-heater my first reaction would be "Ya beauty" to then find it did not work would lead to a situation of severe Censored offness, which I guess sums up where you are now.
One would hope that if this function ever came to be introduced as a chargeable option that LR would would retro fit free to those who had faith enough in the car to order it blind,but from the tone of your recent postings and thier lack of replies I think you'll have a hard time. Good luck!
As for me I'll let you know how I get on after delivery next weeks and keep my fingers crossed that mine does'nt have any of the other faults discussed here!

Post #237015th Apr 2005 10:25 am
Pelyma

England 

It's a great car Raymond - you'll love it. What are you getting?

Post #237115th Apr 2005 10:29 am
Raymond

TDV6 HSE Silver/Ebony ( or as we used to say, Black)

Post #237215th Apr 2005 10:35 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Raymond wrote:

I can only presume that LR are buying the same component for all the cars but only enabling the higher function ( cabin heating ) for the more expensive models,a position which I do not find unreasonable.

But the facility doesn't work properly on ANY of the Disco3 models!

Post #237315th Apr 2005 10:46 am
Ecosse

Raymond - if like me you bought from Pentland(??), you will find them very helpful - but like all the LR dealers their hands are tied as they can't "modify" the software that runs most of the cars features! The most telling thing though is that although LR CS initially tried the "it doesn't work" approach and advised that they would only have the Regional Technical Manager look at the car if there was a "defect", they subsequently resorted to "it's not meant to be there" and then eventually arranged for the Technical Manager to look at the car (thereby effectively agreeing there was a defect). The really interesting thing however was how supportive the local LR dealer that we met at was & he really wanted the features sorted out from a sales point of view - conversely the LR Manager was surprisingly unaware of many of the issues (& defects + temporary workarounds - eg the FrPDC does not automatically activate on moving off UNLESS you manually release the park brake) & had just checked the altimeter issue on the SatNav on a new RRSport to find it was also defective!! In the end of the day , the whole issue has been very badly mishandled by LR who could have gained immense customer loyalty by addressing the issues, providing timescales for upgrades & apologising! Wink

Post #237415th Apr 2005 10:55 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Wineman wrote:
I wonder whether we will hear from Green Oval again? I suspect not!

Interesting – if you rearrange the letters in “Green Oval” and add a couple of extra letters and take a few others away, you get left with “Joe Greenwell”, CEO of LR. This is clearly just an attempt by “The Firm from Gaydona” to throw us off the trail, and the judicious lack of punctuation and poor grammar was just an attempt to disguise his true identity. IMHO. Wink

Is agreeable, Kostya?

Last edited by NightFox on 15th Apr 2005 11:42 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #237515th Apr 2005 10:55 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Wink

Is agreeable, Kostya?

I for one hope he / she is for real and will one day post again (with punctuation) and not be turned off the forum by our suspicious minds.

The punctuation or lack of is very similar to the Hinckley LR posting too... just a thought.

Or it may be posted by someone on a PC running some MS crap Wink

Take care all... off to a joyous long flight to Vegas now... catch you laters.

-s

Post #237615th Apr 2005 11:07 am
Ecosse

If we all agreed to complete our location details & provide Martin with valid e-mail & ID details for his records only, then this whole problem could be nipped in the bud. I for one have done this, so that Martin knows exactly who I am & that I have no connection with the motor trade. Wink
Most users anyway know who the long established members of this Forum are, their independence and as such that their postings are a genuine reflection of their views without any direct interest other than as a LR Customer - unfortunately as some recent postings illustrate we simply have to treat postings by new members with a degree of caution. Sad

Post #237715th Apr 2005 11:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >