Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

SETTINGS menu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Pelyma

England 

Welcome Hinckley Land Rover, are you from a dealership or from LR itself, maybe we might be listened to at last!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #219513th Apr 2005 8:08 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

hinckley landrover wrote:
simon the settings menu is not available on the s model if an owner with an s model says that it is on theres personalisation has been switched on by mistake, you can take the car to the dealer and ask them to switch the speed locking function on using WDS in the modify section setting menu should be switched on for se and hse models upto around 327000 vin and on all models after that providing a HIGH LINE instument pack is fitted (message center between the speedo and rev counter) and steering wheel switches hope this helps

Really? My TDV6 S has the message centre between the speedo & rev counter, and every S I've ever seen has also...

Post #220413th Apr 2005 9:51 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The hi line message centre is required for all TR cars and so from the 'S' upwards is standard. As are the steering wheel buttons.

I was also told that the memory seat module was required too.

Is this true or just another excuse for not enabling my settings menu ?

-s

Post #220813th Apr 2005 10:16 am
D barnes

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Auto Locking

Can someone please confirm if Auto locking can be enabled on a 7 seater base model, by the dealer. My local dealer has had the car today but is now saying it is not possible. If it is let me know how its done so i can tell the prats at the dealer ship how to do their Job. Evil or Very Mad

Ps they did'nt sort out the tail gate only 1/2 un-latching with the Land Rover button either.

Not a good day !!!

DB

Post #224213th Apr 2005 4:16 pm
Pelyma

England 

I believe it is like Disco2, if they link it up to the Testbook they can alter the features in the same way those with a setings menu can do in car
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #224613th Apr 2005 4:24 pm
green oval

settings menu

Guys hinckley landrover is spot on with his answer on the settings menu comment if it has been turned on by mistake it will have little or no function on 5,7 seat &s models until the later vin if you require ths speed locking function to be enabled take it to the dealer and ask for it they will upload the ccf (car configuration file) modify it by changing it to fitted (as they would when you have had a towbar or driving lamps fitted) and then down load the file back to the car, the issue with the fuel burner in the settings menu is a big talking point well let me tell you it will not work you can set a time into the IPK and it will carry out the time set into it but will not switch the burner on the fuel burner setting is there by mistake on L319 disco and has been put there for L320 range sport later on it will wor on L319 disc. if you read the sales book it was never advertised as timed climate /cabin heater like it is on L322 range rover. the burner will only work on ign position 2 if the ambient temp is below 5 deg, coolent temp below 75 deg, battery above 10.9 volts and fuel level above 1/4 tank, some landy owner have said that if the switch the radio on the burner will work on the timer well it wont the system does use medium speed can on ign pos 2 to comms with the IPK PCM for fuel level and engine temp, if you read the hand book it does say that it can be set in the menu but let me point you to page 2 of the owners hand book where land rover reserve the right to alter anything in the hand book due to speck changes, hop this helps if not a little bit bruttle

Post #232714th Apr 2005 9:30 pm
green oval

Re: Auto Locking

D barnes wrote:
Can someone please confirm if Auto locking can be enabled on a 7 seater base model, by the dealer. My local dealer has had the car today but is now saying it is not possible. If it is let me know how its done so i can tell the prats at the dealer ship how to do their Job. Evil or Very Mad

Ps they did'nt sort out the tail gate only 1/2 un-latching with the Land Rover button either.

Not a good day !!!

DB

hello mate take the car back to the dealer as it can be done on the 7 seat model read my earler email, but your issue with the remote upper tail door remote release is another function that was on CEU test cars the problem is that the upper tail door is too heavey and the door will only semi open another thing that should have been deleated !
cheers mate hope this helps

Post #232914th Apr 2005 9:39 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Green Oval,

Many thanks for this. First time we've had a real insider on the forum... are you dealer or LR ?

If LR then Bloody Good For You !

No worries if you want don't wan to say.

Cheers anyway,

-s

Post #233514th Apr 2005 9:57 pm
green oval

simon wrote:
Green Oval,

Many thanks for this. First time we've had a real insider on the forum... are you dealer or LR ?

Cheers anyway,

-s

simon i wont answer that one mate i think you no why !
but any questions feel free i will try to answer
cheers mate

Post #233714th Apr 2005 10:12 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
Green Oval,

Cheers anyway,

-s

Sounds like a guy who certainly works with LR's and knows the damm on board computer at last. Just keep giving us the answers please. Or even better sort out our cars.

Post #233814th Apr 2005 10:13 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Quote:
some landy owner have said that if the switch the radio on the burner will work on the timer well it wont

Well mine does! And the pre-cool option also.

Post #234114th Apr 2005 11:00 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

green oval wrote:
simon i wont answer that one mate i think you no why !
but any questions feel free i will try to answer
cheers mate

Green Oval, if you would let me know (reply to my PM), that would be much appreciated - obviously in strictest confidence.

Martin

Post #234715th Apr 2005 12:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cocker

Re: settings menu

"some landy owner have said that if the switch the radio on the burner will work on the timer well it wont"

I've got an early production 'S'(Nov'04) and my FBH works using the radio ON work around.

By the way, is the Full Stop on your keyboard broken ?. deary dear, reading your posts is hard work...... Rolling Eyes

Post #235015th Apr 2005 12:14 am
DiscoDuck

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

During the winter my FBH timer has worked at least 60 times just by turning the radio on before the timer is set. I am not going to let this feature go! I am not sure where we stand as to what we have legally purchased. Where does the contracted specification exist? There are other features on the car that have not been mentioned in the sales literature /hand book/invoice and features in the handbook/sales literature not on my car. My dealer gave me instructions from his training book on how to work the system before they were told it did not exist. Why don’t LR stop wriggling and just sort it out before I speak to trading standards!
 D4 HSE
Blue 

Post #235415th Apr 2005 7:53 am
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Green oval, if you are still out there and up for the challenge, how do you reconcile that at least 3-4 owners, and I have read of more on other boards, that can get the FBH working on timer with the radio switched on?

Not sure about the "system does use medium speed can on ign pos 2 to comms with the IPK PCM for fuel level and engine temp", but in the real world it functions!
 2017 Disco5 First Edition(On Order)
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor
1950 Massey Ferguson Tractor 

Post #235615th Apr 2005 8:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to: