Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Waxoyl - a warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

chrissyboy wrote:
As for the bit on the wheel rims - who is going to see that apart from a mechanic and the mot inspector?

Shocked I can't believe you actually said this... Thud Who do you think is going to see it...? Lets start with the owner, then any prospective buyer when the vehicle gets moved on...then how about a few thousand forum members...

chrissyboy wrote:
Does it matter?

The fact that gasman posted this in January stating his concerns (plus the other issues expressed on other forums) is pretty self explanatory I would have thought....

Yes - of course the overspray matters.
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #79039427th Apr 2011 7:27 pm
chrissyboy

JF Lux wrote:
chrissyboy wrote:
As for the bit on the wheel rims - who is going to see that apart from a mechanic and the mot inspector?

Shocked I can't believe you actually said this... Thud Who do you think is going to see it...? Lets start with the owner, then any prospective buyer when the vehicle gets moved on...then how about a few thousand forum members...

chrissyboy wrote:
Does it matter?

The fact that gasman posted this in January stating his concerns (plus the other issues expressed on other forums) is pretty self explanatory I would have thought....

Yes - of course the overspray matters.

Well reading through these posts and the various reactions, I would be happy if most of the posters stayed away from my business. So this thread is probably positive from that point of view. I have been around for 23 years now. Sensible people have enough information about me to sort the wheat from the chaff. I'm too old to start being a psychotherapist.

Cheers Chris

Post #79040927th Apr 2011 7:46 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Waxoyl should not damage components such as cables, air bags etc.

I had my D2 done by Rustmaster and was worried re: electrics etc and never had any issues.

As for standard of treatment based on photos and comments - very poor.

Customer service when things go wrong - absolutely appalling.

Conclusion - would I take £20k worth of motor anywhere near him?

No Censored way.

Chris

1) you need to take some responsibility. Its your business and when you Censored up you have to sort it out properly.

2) realise that the world isn't out to get you. By not dealing with 1) above properly and then ranting like an idiot on forums means your perception is that everyone is out to get you. You reap what you sow.

3) the simple fact is you present yourself and your business very badly. Your forum posts are dreadful and belie your thinking far more than you realise.

4) FFS stop slagging people off. Your business only seems to survive only endlessly advertising. That can't be cheap or particularly effective, and then you write off most of it by winding potential customers up on forums. And stop talking Censored in your ads.

Despite your ads, there is a professional grade of Waxoyl, and it tells us a lot about the fact the you don't know about it, don't use it and it appears Waxoyl don't want you to know about it!
Try www.wayoxl.com and http://www.waxoyl.com/en/produkte/120-4.htm
Don't make stuff up about other people when your own grasp of reality or ability to use google is open to question.

5) Some of your competitors are expanding. Maybe its because they have realised the market has changed and the days and of spray and pray on an old 90 are long gone. You need to get with the programme and start acting like a businessman. If you want my or any other D3 owner's business you better bloody well demonstrate you understand our cars and that you can be trusted with them. Right now you fail big time.

In conclusion, get over yourself, revamp your business to meet the needs of your customers rather than yourself and shut the Censored up about healthy food cos its clearly done you no favours and is utterly irrelevant to the business of waxoyling cars.
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #79041027th Apr 2011 7:46 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Bow down

Post #79041527th Apr 2011 7:53 pm
Old Sailor

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Tony!! I take my hat off to you. Bow down

I have not considered getting my D3 waxoyled, but if I did, I would go within a million miles of that cowboy outfit. Mad

The photographs of the application are shocking and show these people have not applied any care in any way!! Shocked

Is the healthy food option by any chance - bananas - because that is what is fed to monkeys?? Whistle
 Run silent, run deep!! HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Ocelot, Porpoise, Onslaught.

Oh Lord! send down a dove, with wings as sharp as razors.
To cut the throats of men, that sell bad beer to sailors.

VIN 138A476*** 

Post #79042627th Apr 2011 8:11 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Management consultants charge a fortune for that sort of advice (obviously dressed up a bit in a 200 page report!), and here's me giving it away for free Thud
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #79043227th Apr 2011 8:21 pm
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

To be honest, I wouldn't see a problem if a mistake was made and it was apologised for, rectified etc.

To me the issue is that a customer is unhappy and the come-back from the business in question doesn't reconcile with the issue that was expressed. Or to the satisfaction of the customer (which in this case I do not think is over blown based on the photos).

This is then made worse by other similar postings and forum conversations on other forums from different people. Unfortunately, this is the connected world we (including businesses) are faced with.

There have been many postings on here where people have had issues, perceived poor service, bad workmanship etc - however I have yet to see any post on here from the business/supplier in question that does not politely explain what happened; offer alternate solutions; come to a mutually agreed and amicable solution; and most importantly - admit something went wrong, take the blame and apologise.

(Pity its not Sunday night - usually the preferred time for this threads...)
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #79043327th Apr 2011 8:23 pm
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

In my head I have an image of two bikini clad nineteen year olds with cartoon size breasts wrestling in an inflatable pool filled with waxoyl. After six hours of wrestling a little ends up on the D3 parked nearby.

Please chaps, I beg you, don't spoil it Sad
 D3 incl. genuine glass windscreen, front bi-focal headlights, full width rear bumper, self levelling washer bottle contents and audible 'tick tock' indicator stalk
911 GT3 had one [never]
R8 V12 just gone [past me]
Piiss highest up a wall winner runner up 1979 

Post #79044427th Apr 2011 8:35 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Chrissyboy, do you trawl EVERY forum looking for posts about you and your poor service...?
Only to then try to belittle genuine people who have a genuine issue with the work that has been carried out?
I don't think you'll find many D3/D4 owners who are also in the waxoyling business, looking to diss your products or service do you?

The OP had a seemingly valid complaint and doesn't have a 'vested interest' in dissing you or your quite frankly appalling customer service attitude!

Will Hay, now that WOULD be something worht getting 'ripped off' for Wink
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #79047127th Apr 2011 9:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fmb123

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

chrissyboy wrote:
chrissyboy wrote:
But try to see things from my point of view.

maybe we should see things from this point of view:
Click image to enlarge

Lets try and look at this without getting hysterical shall we?

The operative has sprayed the brake components and the protective cover which covers the brake disc. This protective cover rusts and indeed was rusty in this case I believe. The brake components are mechanical and some electrical - thus prone to salt damage. Waxoyl is ideal for protecting against this kind of damage. Indeed the old Finnegans Waxoyl cans used to show a diagragm of a distributor being sprayed with waxoyl to stop the electrics being affected by moisture. He has oversprayed some onto the suspension bag. and some on the wheel rim which is unavoidable. He should have wiped these areas with a rag to give a neat looking job. He hasn't. Does it matter? The waxoyl will not damage the suspension bag. Once it is set, waxoyl is mainly parafin wax with some sulfonates. It will not harm the rubber. As for the bit on the wheel rims - who is going to see that apart from a mechanic and the mot inspector?

Cheers Chris

What i find very amusing in this post is the fact that he says these areas were intentionally covered yet, the coverage is not that great! there are a lot of missed patches. Why not take the wheels off like other places that do this same procedure?

When saying why does it matter if there is overspray on the alloys, think! - It will not just be the MOT guy who sees it. With all landrovers there are a lot of alloys sold second hand, there are also a lot on the market (ebay etc). so if browsing through a selection you would not go for these ones covered in waxoyld, if a clean pair were against it for the same price.

just my opinion.

Post #79047527th Apr 2011 9:21 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

what company name do they trade under.

Domain name:
before-n-after.co.uk

Registrant:
Chris Parkinson

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
87 West New Greenham Park
Greenham
Thatcham
Berkshire
RG19 6HN
United Kingdom

no reference on companies house as far as I can see
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #79048127th Apr 2011 9:29 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Think that's an old address... Judging by site t&cs
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #79048627th Apr 2011 9:33 pm
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Bodsy wrote:
Will Hay, now that WOULD be something worht getting 'ripped off' for Wink

I'm okay now, I've had my fourth cold shower and watched an hour long documentary on Thatcher Thumbs Up
 D3 incl. genuine glass windscreen, front bi-focal headlights, full width rear bumper, self levelling washer bottle contents and audible 'tick tock' indicator stalk
911 GT3 had one [never]
R8 V12 just gone [past me]
Piiss highest up a wall winner runner up 1979 

Post #79048727th Apr 2011 9:33 pm
MacLeod 313

He aint Before N after.......................He does a different type, and very good.

Post #79048827th Apr 2011 9:35 pm
MacLeod 313

I think, might be wrong

Last edited by MacLeod 313 on 27th Apr 2011 9:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #79049027th Apr 2011 9:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >