Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

New low cost Diagnostic Tool from BBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 41 of 45 <123 ... 404142 434445>
eljot

Germany 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

as i said, i did a lot of ecu remapping, etc. on my defender td5 with the old nanocom and when the ecu reading was successfull, i could be sure that also the writing was no problem, but always with the ctek at the battery.

but as i did not read any requirements about battery support when using the nanocom evo, etc. and ecu reading was also no problem i was really convinced that it should work!

Post #120595021st Dec 2013 10:20 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thats ok but the D3 consumes an enormous amount of power when its awake and the key is in position 2..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #120595821st Dec 2013 10:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
johnlr2

England 

kestrelpc wrote:
I have been reading all these horror stories about making sure you have a power supply when flashing ECU's which I can fully understand. I am looking at getting a cheap supply just for when flashing my D3. I already have a Ctek 5A, which is fine for charging the battery but I understand not man enough for ecu work. I have found the folowing item on the bay of E and was wondering if this would work as a supply for the car when flashing (its 'rated' at 12V 25A)?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300W-LED-Light-D...1196777880

any advice welcome before I brick the car.

Thanks

Keith

Dont think that would be of much use as the output is regulated to 12V and you need the higher voltage a battery charger would provide to charge and float the battery.

Post #120598321st Dec 2013 11:32 pm
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I for one am sitting on the sidelines watching this "game" unfold play by play before I try anything with my nano evo. I'm so glad to have all of you as my guinea pigs. Wink I haven't even hit the clear faults button yet and I've got 59 faults to clear.

I did however try to reset the adaptive settings on my transmission but that feature isn't enabled yet, so I wait ever patiently until my confidence in this product and myself is up to par.

I also bought a CTEK charger off amazon. I know it's not the 50 million mega amp model you all recommend but I'm not shelling out another $300+ on something I'll only use less than a hand full of times. Besides, I just put a new battery in my vehicle back in May so should be good to go for a while, this is just a small insurance package.

Here's what I got for about $100
CTEK Multi US 7002
Input voltage AC: 100–120VAC, 50–60Hz
Output voltage: Nominal:12V
Efficiency: High 85%
Charging voltage: 14.4V/14.7V
Charging current: 7A max
Back current drain*: <1Ah per month
Ripple**: ~4%
Ambient temperature: -4°F to +122°F
Type of charger: 8 step, fully automatic switch mode with float pulse/maintenance
Type of batteries: 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, GEL and Ca)
Battery capacity: 14-150Ah (charging), 14-225Ah (maintenance)
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Last edited by DiscoNels on 24th Dec 2013 2:21 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #120599922nd Dec 2013 12:16 am
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

...be sure you understand the difference between tested and untested faults and why you can't clear the latter... Thumbs Up

Post #120601922nd Dec 2013 2:00 am
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

StornowayStu wrote:
...be sure you understand the difference between tested and untested faults and why you can't clear the latter...

Ya, I've asked for people to explain in layman's terms but get some technical gobbledigook that I haven't wrapped my brain around yet. If you can explain what faults to clear and why and what not to clear, or why one is unable to clear, that would be much appreciated.

How important is it for me to keep a record of what faults I've got so I know if I've got reoccurring issues? Another feature to add to the nano evo... a way to download into a file, all of the faults you currently or historically have.
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #120602422nd Dec 2013 7:01 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

DiscoNels wrote:
I just put a new battery in my vehicle back in May so should be good to go for a while, this is just a small insurance package.

Here's what I got for about $100
CTCK Multi US 7002
Output voltage: Nominal:12V
Efficiency: High 85%
Charging voltage: 14.4V/14.7V
Charging current: 7A max
Type of batteries: 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, GEL and Ca)
Battery capacity: 14-150Ah (charging), 14-225Ah (maintenance)

I was going to say that from my understanding a Good charger should be first investment over the 'black boxes' as there can be many reason why a battery doesn't stay healthy; but then reading the spec's on yours I would say it's more than up to the job if it's charging voltage is 14.4-14.7 (that's over the 12v menthioned Thumbs Up )

somebody who knows better should confirm soon
[so it wasn't a wasted purchase]
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #120602822nd Dec 2013 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

R77NGO wrote:
Hi Chris or Colin..... I don't appear to have any unlock codes as of yet.....

Please login now, you should have access to all unlock codes and access across all websites.

Hairy Dan wrote:
I have posted this over on the BBS forum but realise that they are now on their Christmas break Sad

Unable to find SBL File
pn:CH22-14C256-BA

Check on the forums again, well see what we can do.

Woolmeister wrote:
Just catching-up with this thread Whistle

So, if I buy one of these - and I subsequently change my D3 for a D4 - what's the deal?

Steve

As Beanie says, (thanks Beanie), simply but the unlock code for the D4, enter it, your good to go.

Markmein wrote:

But what's is adaptive reset?

The adaptive reset is an incomplete function as of yet, were working on it. If the function is not locked please upgrade your unit to the latest release to lock it and prevent adverse effects.

Alan B wrote:

Can someone please tell me in simple terms exactly how to use this box of tricks.
I have registered it ,joined the forum but what's this genesis thing?
Anything else I have to do?

You should now have access to the nanocom forums, login, have a read, lots of info on what you can do and how.

cold_n_wet wrote:
try a hard reset and see what happens, you may get lucky, and try flashing again, with extra power

I use a ctek 2500 when working on canbus vehicles I think ctek have replaced it with a new model, but totally agree with Geoff.

eljot try exactly what cold_n_wet suggests. perhaps even try flashing with a previous software version. More info on the forums

MarkOne wrote:
Thought the nanocom would sense the voltage being to low and just not operate, and if not why not?

As someone mentioned, forgot who but thanks, you might get a 13.5 reading before you flash, then after 30 minutes of flashing or when the ecus take load it can drop if you battery is not up to scratch or being charged. Like Flack says, these cars are very power hungry.

DiscoNels wrote:
I haven't even hit the clear faults button yet and I've got 59 faults to clear.

I did however try to reset the adaptive settings on my transmission but that feature isn't enabled yet, so I wait ever patiently until my confidence in this product and myself is up to par.

Hi DiscoNels, if the adaptives were active as a function and you reset those it would be a far more invasive operation than clearing the fault codes.

[quote="DiscoNels"]
StornowayStu wrote:

How important is it for me to keep a record of what faults I've got so I know if I've got reoccurring issues? Another feature to add to the nano evo... a way to download into a file, all of the faults you currently or historically have.

Were working on a fault saving feature. If you do have a recurring issue and have cleared the faults, the recurring faults will come back. Its how most people actually use diagnostic tools. Many times ecus will log faults if you simply disconnect the battery or if they temporarily lose communication with other ecus. These are not critical faults but are stored until you clear them. IF a recurring fault occurs, for example a faulty injector, you can clear it, but it will reappear until you fix the physical problem.

Thanks

Chris

Post #120603422nd Dec 2013 9:36 am
eljot

back to my ecu-flashing-problem:

during the flashing-process i got a message like this: VIN not correct (not 100% sure about the wording, but definitely something with an incorrect VIN) and then the flashing was stopped!!

if the flashing failed due to power problems, etc. i would have expected something like "lost communication" or "ecu-write error" etc.!!!

maybe it was something else?! Rolling Eyes

during the flashing, battery was completely full, all consumer were "off" (no radio, no lights, etc.)!

thx, martin

Post #120604122nd Dec 2013 9:52 am
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hi eljot,

Could you create a forum post on the nanocom forums, in a sequential order and giving as much detail as possible so we can properly address this issue?

thanks

Chris

Post #120604222nd Dec 2013 9:54 am
eljot

jup, will do this! Thumbs Up

started already there:

http://nanocom.blackbox-solutions.com/inde...eight-only

Post #120604322nd Dec 2013 9:57 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

karpouzih wrote:

Hairy Dan wrote:
I have posted this over on the BBS forum but realise that they are now on their Christmas break Sad

Unable to find SBL File
pn:CH22-14C256-BA

Check on the forums again, well see what we can do.

Thanks Chris, I have started a new thread as it appears the thread I originally posted my problem in is for a different fault Thumbs Up

The new thread is here

http://nanocom.blackbox-solutions.com/inde...found#1731
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #120630422nd Dec 2013 9:44 pm
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hi guys,

Just a quick message to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a great start to the new year!!!

All the best, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

BBS Team

Post #120689624th Dec 2013 8:26 am
Discosear

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks Chris. Same to you and all at BBS. Don't forget to get some 'downtime' too, I think you will need a lot of energy to keep up with all the demands of all us new nanocom owners in the new year Whistle Laughing Thumbs Up
Andy

Post #120690124th Dec 2013 9:05 am
Dr Jones

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi, slightly OT but as my unit arrived today I missed out of registering on the BBS forum.

When going into Genesis I keep getting an "Invalid VIN number" error for the VIN of my 2005 V8 HSE D3. Microcat also seem to have a few blank fields as "unknown"

Any idea how I should proceed to get the latest versions of all the software for the ECU's?

Regards

Post #120699924th Dec 2013 1:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 41 of 45 <123 ... 404142 434445>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >