DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

New low cost Diagnostic Tool from BBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 42 of 45 <123 ... 4142 434445>
Gilbert Ostlehwaite

Cyprus 

DrJones

Can you post your VIN here so I can take a look

Hi Karpouzih - it's me (the old git keeping an eye out as well)

Post #120700924th Dec 2013 2:08 pm
Dr Jones

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi, thanks.

The VIN it pulls off the ECUs are the same as on all my documentation and on the windscreen

SALLAAA535A328568

Regards

Post #120701724th Dec 2013 2:37 pm
Gilbert Ostlehwaite

Cyprus 

DrJones

The Nanocom support part of Genesis depends on data supplied by Land Rover, and in this case, they have not provided an As Built File for your vehicle, which is why Genesis does not recognise your Vin. We have seen this once before in the early beta testing where a beta tester had managed to purchase a very early example of a D3 that had been used, as I recall, as a Press Demonstration vehicle.

To get around this, I have manually entered your Vin into the system, which will now give you access to the software files in the Flash File download. However, because Land Rover has not supplied an As Built File for your vehicle, you won't be able to get into the CCF Editing function at the moment unless you have access to Land Rovers own SDD system when you could upload one of the session files it creates.

If you do not - there are possible workarounds for this but unfortunately these are beyond the limited tools I have access to whilst the office is closed, so I'm sorry but access to the CCF Edit will have to wait until we are back in the office on the 7th January

Regards

Post #120702724th Dec 2013 3:20 pm
anjo14

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Dr Jones I beleive the next release of update will allow you upload the ECU info on to Genesis as my VIN is also not aviailable. Looks like LR never backed up the info for our vehicles to IDS/SDD in 2005. A land Rover dealer mentioned that this part of the Pre delivery inspection.

Post #120702924th Dec 2013 3:30 pm
Dr Jones

Hi, much appreciated. In that case I'll be in contact in the new year.

By the way, is there currently a way to use the Nanocom to download the as-is file in the car. If I understand what i have read so for there is mention of it?

Once again, thank you for the effort and enjoy the Festive Season.

Post #120703024th Dec 2013 3:32 pm
Gilbert Ostlehwaite

Cyprus 

Sorry - I'm not sure which parts of the Nanocom system have been released at the moment (I'm the Genesis guy), so we'll just have to wait for Karpouzih to sober up enough to be able to access the forums for that one Smile

Post #120703224th Dec 2013 3:39 pm
anjo14

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Gilbert,

On the Nanocom Forum under Genesis. Colin has mentioned this being developed hopefully for the next release update for Individuals like myself and a few others who are unable to use Genesis as our VIN numbers are not available. This willallow us to download the Asis info to the Nanocom and then hopefully upload to Genesis.. As of the moment I am unable to download flash files or asbuilt files from Genesis.

Post #120705324th Dec 2013 4:15 pm
Dr Jones

Hi Gilbert. Thanks so far, unfortunately my BCU info is as follows:

Body Control - SALLAAA535A328568

HARDWARE NUMBER:NNN500370
SERIAL NUMBER:¡C
SOFTWARE NUMBER:NNV502990
CALIBRATION DATA 2:
VIN NUMBER:SALLAAA535A328568
ASSEMBLY CORE NO:N.A.
ASSEMBLY PART NO:YQE500300
DELIVERY ASSEMBLY NO:N.A.
SOFTWARE NUMBER 2:
BOOT SOFTWARE ID:NNN500370
ACTIVE NETWORK CONF:
CALIBRATION PART NO:N.A.
CALIBRATION DATA 3:N.A.
SOFTWARE NUMBER 3:N.A.

I do not seem to be able to match it to any of the three models available for download on Genesis.

Regards

Post #120708024th Dec 2013 5:06 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
it's me (the old git keeping an eye out as well)

Many thanks for keeping an eye out and helping out here as and where you can while we are officially closed for the festive break Gilbert.

BTW chaps i can confirm that Gilbert is indeed another BBS minion

Never had a Minion called Gilbert before, but it has a nice ring to it. I am sure you know the flack you are going to get for that Gilbert Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

BTW i still have some spare home made Mince pies going as long as you don't tell Ronnie Whistle

anjo14
While the "AS IS" CCF read function is now planned as being a future enhancement on the nanocom and should be relatively easy and quick to impliment, it is however still at the drawing board stage and the technicalities would have to be developed and tested on the nanocom before the upload function for the resultant file would even need to be considered as something to be added on Genesis. Hence Gilbert is currently not aware of this part of my master plan for the future of world domination. Well in diagnostic terms anyway Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

BTW, any valid VIN for a given vehicle model will get you access to the flash files on Genesis as the VIN entry at that point is only used by genesis to intelligently determine the Model type and model year where applicable.

Dr Jones
Choosing the correct assembly number in any circumstance is sometimes not exact, and is a matter being discussed in great detail on the Nanocom Forum.

Guys and Gals In general
I have never made it a secret that i expected there to be some initial problems and bugs in this system. While we obviouly know our stuff, in many respects this is all brand new.

Me and my devoted staff have been working ever harder and harder on this for almost a year now and pretty much all of have worked our absolute asses off to provide to to all who have been patiently waiting for it and to get this released in at least some form in time for Christmas as the ultimate present for so many, but sadly that also means also being just days before we close down for almost 2 weeks, and of course with a decent 20% introductary discount.

As a result, for the last couple of weeks we have had an unprecidented amount of new owners, almost all of which are not very experienced and knowledgable with handling such powerful and capable equipment as this truly is.
It really does seem that possibly as a result of this system costing so little that many believe it is some harmless toy and sadly it has to be said that it does seem that some are going at it like a bull in a China shop Rolling Eyes

I am of course truly sorry that some have some niggling problems that need a bit of help and sorting, and as you see, we are all really trying our best under the circumstances, including being in our own time and even on Christmas Eve.

Sadly this thread seems to have now become more of a nanocom support thread for anyone with such problems that kinda makes the Nanocom seem more problematical than it really is.

By example
Quote:
for Individuals like myself and a few others

makes it sound quite common.
But beyond anjo14, Dr Jones and the other person we previously encounted with good reason for his VIN to not have an AS built file provided by LR, who else has encountered their VIN not being recognised on Genesis out of the hundreds who now have one of these for CAN BUS vehicles?

I strongly suspect and would welcome anyone confirming that their purchase process was handled by the BBS Admin angels well above and beyond normal service levels, that the delivery process and timing was also above and beyond expectationand that the packaging and hardware itself was also well above anyones expectation.

Also barring the on line registration kinda problems and the current bugs we need to sort out, if anyone feels that their investment in a Nanocom is not or will not in the very near future be a wise one please let me know.

Otherwise, as it is now 8:00 PM here on Christmas Eve i wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Post #120714224th Dec 2013 7:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ambo

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

"I strongly suspect and would welcome anyone confirming that their purchase process was handled by the BBS Admin angels well above and beyond normal service levels, that the delivery process and timing was also above and beyond expectationand that the packaging and hardware itself was also well above anyones expectation."

I will confirm the above willingly, I have had a very small problem which was dealt with quickly and efficiently and I have successfully enabled my 4x4 info on the screen of my D3.
I keep mine available for any potential problems in the future and will use it with caution and with due regard to the instructions.

A merry christmas and happy new year to you all at BBS.
 Nick
2009 D3 SE
Isle of Wight Steam Railway 

Post #120715324th Dec 2013 7:59 pm
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Gilbert Ostlehwaite wrote:
DrJones

Can you post your VIN here so I can take a look

Hi Karpouzih - it's meet (the old git keeping an eye out as well)

Laughing Laughing Bow down Bow down Bow down

good to see you on here !!! nice surprise i must say

Everyone, me the Genesis Guru! (Be nice, hes not let out much and scares easy)

anjo14 wrote:
Dr Jones I beleive the next release of update will allow you upload the ECU info on to Genesis as my VIN is also not aviailable. Looks like LR never backed up the info for our vehicles to IDS/SDD in 2005. A land Rover dealer mentioned that this part of the Pre delivery inspection.

Dr Jones wrote:
Hi, much appreciated. In that case I'll be in contact in the new year.

By the way, is there currently a way to use the Nanocom to download the as-is file in the car. If I understand what i have read so for there is mention of it?

Once again, thank you for the effort and enjoy the Festive Season.

Both the same question I believe,

We are working on allowing those who do not have an as built by VIN supplied by landrover to read their CCF, then allow us to create a "custom" if you like as built. But as mentioned will be in the new year. More info on the nanocom forums.

Gilbert Ostlehwaite wrote:
so we'll just have to wait for Karpouzih to sober up enough to be able to access the forums for that one Smile

Cheeky old git... ill get you back.. Twisted Evil

Now im going to get my rifle out and wait for Santa

***EDIT*** just realised the Big Cheese answered the no VIN thing.. oh well, over-support is a good thing... now, back to my rilfe and beer....

Post #120715524th Dec 2013 8:01 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Careful with Santa and that rifle as he has moved with the times - even the reindeer have had their CCF edited:

Click image to enlarge
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #120715724th Dec 2013 8:06 pm
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Ghillie suit it is then.

Post #120715924th Dec 2013 8:08 pm
Trucker2369

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Great service by BBS Thumbs Up got my nanocom yesterday afternoon managed to register and set it up last night and got my forum log in sent to me by 7:05 this morning Bow down All done when they are supposed to be on holiday first class service.

Merry Christmas to all at BBS

Dougie

Post #120718324th Dec 2013 9:15 pm
ytt105

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I'm a pretty happy camper as well. Got my Nanocom today and am all registered and operating, except still waiting for forum registration.

Tried to login to Genesis site but it wont accept my Nanocom username and password.

Do I have to register with Genesis first, or just go straight to login?

Post #120913230th Dec 2013 7:11 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 42 of 45 <123 ... 4142 434445>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >