Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Performance Upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Fuel consumption goes up 'on average' by 4 mpg and more if 'the wife' is driving!!

The modification will never be switchable whilst everyone posesses a right foot! As for the effects on the the terrain system; it still works perfectly in unison with the extra power etc.

Please form and orderly queue Wink

Post #143713th Mar 2005 7:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1955diesel

turbochip wrote:
Landrover certainly didnt spend 2 years on the engine management system considering its been in the Jaguar S type for at least 9 months previously Wink

I was talking about the calibration, not the system.
A production standard calibration, meeting all the requirements of emissions, durability and driveability is a **** to achieve and can be an ongoing task.
As you suggest, the loophole lies in most people's restricted running conditions and questionable emissions compliance.
Most people will only see the gains from a rechip and will be happy, but vehicle producers must cover all requirements. Wink

Post #144514th Mar 2005 10:36 am
LRtuning

Point noted. I'm afraid I wouldnt be in business if I 'worried' about the manufacturers limitations.

Wink

Post #144714th Mar 2005 11:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gasdoc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Turbochip and warranty

I am still waiting for my V6 HSE - four weeks to go ! I wrote to LR specifically asking about the turbochip remapping. They responded that the modification would prevent their diagnostic equipment from working properly in the event of an engine problem. They stated that whilst the engine warranty would not necessarily be invalidated, if a fault was thought to be related to modification then the owner could find themselves picking up the bill.

Your comment regarding insurance and the modification being undetectable by LR is irresponsible. If your vehicle is involved in an accident, and the company is potentially paying out millions in compensation for an injured party, then they can be extremely resourceful in checking out the vehicles history. Avoiding insurance responsibilities is not an option.[/list]

Post #173428th Mar 2005 8:50 pm
LRtuning

Engine power does not cause accidents otherwise Ferraris, Porsches and any car with over 15 bhp would be made illegal. We always advise individuals of all the 'pros and cons' of re-mapping their vehicles including insurance issues.

As for Landrover 'claiming' that the Turbochip modification 'interferes' with their diagnostic systems; absolute twaddle....we develop all our products with the co-operation of franchised dealers using their own diagnsotic equipment.

If you can find our Turbochip product with the latest Landrover dealer software I'll personally give you the upgrade for free Wink

Post #173528th Mar 2005 9:24 pm
Ecosse

Turbochip - one thing I was wondering, with the issue of LR producing new software for the car (see other threads) - are they likely to "upgrade" the ECU software & if so would this in some way overwrite your modification?

Post #173728th Mar 2005 10:30 pm
LRtuning

It depends on the the type of update. Theoretically it is possible to 'overwrite' our upgrade but if this happens we'll happily upgrade the car again. To date we've had no such issues as most dealer updates relate to other software systems on the car such as sat-nav, suspension and gear box updates Wink

Post #173829th Mar 2005 12:09 am
BN

England 

Turbochip, can you tell me the exact BHP increase for a LR3 TDV6 manual as your web site states 52BHP on one page and 60BHP on another. Can you also estimate the fuel improvement I may get. At the moment I am obtaining an acceptable 28MPG (vehicle is about 8 days old) with general town and country use. This I think is quite good considering some reports of poor fuel consumption by some owners. Does your system work on Variable Valve Timing and then increase the max RPM? I tow a 3 tonne trailer, have you tested your modification with such a weight and is the torque at the bottom end or top end with the mods. Finally, if you can get into the computer mind of the LR3's, perhaps you could sort out the 'glitches' that LR have made. Confused

Post #174629th Mar 2005 7:02 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

BN,

Done 8.5K miles now and averaged 32.8 on a trip today on country roads, dual carriageway, M6 and town from home in Shropshire to Stockport and back. Range in total (adding Range and ODO trip together) reads over 640 miles at switch off when I got home.

Was doing around 70ish on the M6 most of the time as I couldn't be bothered to get stressed and follow the herds of exec saloons and kids in Fiesta's and Peugeots in the outside lane !

Getting better each week it seems.

-s

Post #175929th Mar 2005 10:31 pm
LRtuning

BN
60 bhp for the Discovery TDV6 and 52 bhp for the the latest Range Rover TD6.

Also, if you are going to tow continously then we will adjust the software to suit. As for 'fixing LR's problems...we've already offered but they didnt even respond to our letter ;-(

Post #176230th Mar 2005 7:29 am
BN

England 

Turbochip & Simon, info much appreciated. TC we do not tow all the time, but a reasonable amount of time so if you can modify accordingly it is worth trying when the car is run in a little more.

Post #176330th Mar 2005 7:49 am
LRtuning

BN

Just to let you know all LR engines are already 'bench run' before fitting into the vehicle. I always suggest that you put at least 500 miles on the clock just to be sure but after that you can modify it whenever you like.

Incidentally we've now uprated over 50 TDV6's at LR dealers all with less that 50 miles on the clock Wink

Post #176530th Mar 2005 8:50 am
Lovell

Any dealers in s.wales area? i may be interested in getting the upgrade, my fuel economy is a shocking 19mpg, no matter how i drive it, even with the missis driving its no better Mad

Post #177430th Mar 2005 8:43 pm
Ecosse

Lovell - and I thought my 19.3mpg was bad!! Anyone want to better the 19mpg record? Wink BTW I take it you are probably also doing a lot of shorter trips rather than longer A-road routes?

Post #177630th Mar 2005 10:09 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

of course photo evidence will be required...

on the other side of the scale is 32.8 the highest so far without driving like an old man in a flat cap and smoking a pipe ?

Which I don't... smoke a pipe that is Wink

-s

Post #177730th Mar 2005 11:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >