Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Ipod connection in Base Spec car - the easy way to do it....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>
CFB

United Kingdom 

I think you will find there are no audio connections there. See my original post for the location!
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #990736th Nov 2006 9:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Yes - I may have to go back to your approach - I kinda thought there might be audio there as ther is an aux jack there in the HSE...

But I might pick up some power there anyway! I'm assuming that the 2 wires that aren't the big seat heating connecters are 12V power?

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #990856th Nov 2006 9:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baldrick

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Simon,

see other thread on this subject - "12V socket behind cubby". Wires are under the terrain response. There should be a 6 pin green plug with 4 wires going into it. one red,one blue one black in your SE. Its not on the seven seater that i have. Don't know fourth.The plugs at the back of the cubby are for cigar lighter and heated seats.
 2007 MY Irish spec S+ TDV6  
Post #994377th Nov 2006 11:39 am
DiscoAtom

Simon,

I also tried to do what you are doing, have only managed to connect the 12V. There is no 6 pin green plug in the centre console area, you will have to source the AUX input wires from the kick panel grey plug as outlined by Cotefarmboy. In my case, I have not connected the Aux Input yet but have route a 3 core cable between the rear centre console 12V/Aux Input panel and the kick panel area - will do that when time permits.

The Aux Imput seems to have a bit of electronic PC board associated with it, if it is a pre-amp, is there a need to power it up with a 12V supply?
 '06 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue  
Post #10038210th Nov 2006 5:11 am
mzc

Australia 
Simon, how did you do it?

simon_arch1 wrote:
ok - got the fascia off - found the heater wires and 2 others - which is power, which is audio???

HELP!!!

Simon

Simon,

How does the back of the center console come off (to add the 12V outlet there)?

Cheers,

Michael.

Post #11412630th Dec 2006 4:14 am
simon_arch1

Michael - I forget Neutral I'll take another look to refresh my memory... it wasn't too hard in the end, but some gentle force required to release the clips...

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #1149573rd Jan 2007 12:07 am
simon_arch1

Thank you to everyone for your help and guideance - esp cotefarmboy for the instructions...

I finally got a torque bit and some time yesterday - and removed the bonnet release, and held my breath as I removed the side kick panel to expose the wires needed to do this mod... and with the assistance of my 16 yr old (god father and son bonding activity), we cut and soldered and threaded wires... and now, we too can play the iPOD through the stereo AUX input! It is so cool! - why all cars don't come with this as a standard option - I guess more are now.

We ended up just tucking the wire under the trim and threading it around to the side of the passenger seat, and allowing sufficient length to plug into an iPOD in the centre console, or to plug into the portable DVD player strapped to the top of the console etc.

Thanks again - a great little mod!

cheers,

Simon

ps. and Michael - I'll try and remember to check again how to remove the rear panel of the centre console... Neutral
Post #1173918th Jan 2007 12:31 am
cibja

Spain 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
How to wire from passenger foot/door panel to center console

Hi Andy

I write you from North Spain.

Following your good instruction I have found the blu,red and black wires in the passenger foot/door panel ( mine is a LH and this wires are on the bottom of the right side of the car).

Know I would like to run the wires to the hole where the LR navigation Display would be, or at least if it is a little bit difficoult ( I do not want to dismount all the center console) to one place near the radio or so. I want to carry my TOMTOM 910 in that Display Hole and conect the sound to the Aux Input Radio Wires.

In sumary I need a simple answer to the point 5 of your instructions.

Anyone who has simple Ideas about are good received also.

Thank you for all the tips

Best regards from Spain

Javi
 Thanks all

cibja 

Post #1178139th Jan 2007 7:49 am
diorlan

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi
I'm writing from Costa Rica.I'm the proud owner of a 03 td5 and now an 05 TDV6.Since I'm in Costa Rica I have a LHD export and I've tried looking for the blue, red, balck,cables but can't seem to find them, all I see is a bunch of green ones in the center multiplug.Does anyone know if there's that much of a difference in export Discos? Any help will be much appreciated.

Best Regards from Costa Rica

Orlando

Post #11929113th Jan 2007 2:00 am
simon_arch1

I'm surprised they're not there - my Disco is in Australia - found all the wires here.

Mind you - the week after I make this wiring mod, someone smashes the drivers side window and steals the Ipaq GPS and iPOD from inside the centre console Sad

Simon
Post #11929513th Jan 2007 2:20 am
White Disco

Australia 

Thank You Andy. Fab tips. How did you mount your TomTom in the cubby hole?
I want to mount my 710, as well as run it through my base mod stereo, in the cubby so it won't drift around; but maintain the portability so I can put it in my Wife's Censored Nulsar, when needed.
I have pulled apart the original mounting to remove the suction cup part; but maintained the dock for charging, mic etc.
Thanks Mate.
David.
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #11995215th Jan 2007 10:48 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I plastic welded a socket behind the Sat. Nav. hole. See post: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic7072.html
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12007216th Jan 2007 4:49 am
jaymeany

United States 2006 LR3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
Doing this on a LHD North American LR3 Base Model

I have managed to pull off the right side kickplate without incident, but I see nothing there that resembles the wiring that has been discussed here. I have been trying to pull off the Drivers side kick plate but there is a footrest that is impeding my progress in front of the kickplate. I have pulled on all elements much harder than I am comfortable with and have probed around with a screwdriver looking for a joint or something that I can pop off but I am really reticent to force the whole affair.

Any one done this on a North American LHD Base LR3?

Thanks.

Here is a pic to be clear http://www.box.net/public/f0f5an4zhl

Post #13145319th Feb 2007 11:24 pm
stepA103

Czech Republic 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
EU base car = connectors

to jaymeany

I have an EU base version, manual. The needed wire is actually on the passanger side. Once you remove the cover, there are three connectors - 2 grey, and one green. Unlike the description on this forum, my model has the red/blue/black cables running to the green connector.
I hope this helps also some other posters on this forum.

Regards

Stepan

Post #13291524th Feb 2007 9:29 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Get the iPod integration kit - bypasses all the faffing with wiring and gives you control via the steering wheel controls (if you have them) No issues with volume differentials either 8)

Post #13294624th Feb 2007 11:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >