Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Ipod connection in Base Spec car - the easy way to do it....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>
rolwin

Sweden 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
LR Ipod integration kit

Just received the LR Ipod integration kit (which I found at a UK dealer - they are not available at dealers here in Sweden yet, at least the ones I called)

So, before I go off and take the panels off and start some minor drilling in the glove box. Anyone in the forum who's already done this ? Any tips and tricks are most welcomed. Any glitches that I should be aware of ?

Cheers

Roland

-- Who needs a CD changer in the future - when you can pack 80 GB music in Ipod 5th gen. 8)
 2011 D4 3,0 SDV6 HSE, Fully speced.

For fun and forest work: Suzuki KingQuad 450 ATV 

Post #13378627th Feb 2007 7:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yer, fitted one - nothing special about it - just be careful of the fibre optics behind the IHU and tuck the extension cable connectors up behind the nav. screen before you push the IHU back into place, see http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post122306.html#122306

Post #13389128th Feb 2007 12:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

so how long realistically to fit ?

been quoted a few long hours to fit by dealer.

Post #13389428th Feb 2007 12:12 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

taking it easy, 90 mins, on a mission - 45 8) Laughing Laughing

Post #13389628th Feb 2007 12:13 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up

Post #13389728th Feb 2007 12:16 am
diorlan

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

[quote="simon_arch1"]I'm surprised they're not there - my Disco is in Australia - found all the wires here.

Mind you - the week after I make this wiring mod, someone smashes the drivers side window and steals the Ipaq GPS and iPOD from inside the centre console Sad

Simon

I hear ya now I don't have to worry about the mod since some piece of Censored also smashed my passenger side window not only stealing the ipod but doing a number on the door so I had the whole thing painted about a week without my D3.

Post #1347632nd Mar 2007 4:59 pm
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Diorlan - I feel your pain! Why can't people respect other's property! Why can't we leave "our" things in "our" cars without threat of people nicking them!

All the best!

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #1355035th Mar 2007 12:40 am
rover3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Very Happy Thanks for the info have just completed the job on my new 2007 disco not a problem, will keep my three sons happy

Regards
Rover3

Post #13867514th Mar 2007 10:55 am
W1 D3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for the information!!

I have just attempted this yesterday and it worked! Not that I was doubting the method, more my ability having never done any modifications to a car before.

One thing that has occured since doing the mod, is that the horn now beeps when I go to lock the car. I know this happens if any of the doors/tailgate are not shut properly but I have gone around and checked them all and it still does it.

Please can I ask if I anyone else has come across this issue and whether it is related to the aux mod or is completely unrelated?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Ed.

Post #14024718th Mar 2007 10:57 am
bhewson

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Upgrade Centre Console for AUX Input and 12V in the rear...

I have a base spec (Commercial) Discovery on order, and I need to do two things...

1) Connect my IPod.
2) Get a cigarette lighter in the rear of the centre console to allow power to the rear of the cabin - I think I can buy some sort of inverter unit to plug into the lighter socket - to power a 13amp appliances - is that true???

It strikes me that I can get both of those things neatly IF I can order the part to slot into the rear of the centre console which I have seen on higher spec discoverys. can this be done? is the wiring present? any ideas?

Regards, Brian (newbie), Howth, Dublin, Ireland.
 SAND coloured! Commercial Discovery - new to all this... loving it!  
Post #14331727th Mar 2007 12:08 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I did this for mine when I put in new speakers. Very Happy
Aukward getting the aux theree but the pwer is already there.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic7072.html
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #14332127th Mar 2007 12:33 am
javedi

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
oh no what have I done

not being a techy person to the d3 to my local garage and showed them CFB's post about fixing the ipod throught the footwell. Brian the mechanic thought it was easy job but for some reason the iopd is playing but the vocals are missing off most tracks, I think he's wired the wires wrong way round any ideas> I gave hime the maplins headphone extension lead he cut the phono end off and left the jack for the ipod, i remember he said there were only two wires in the cable, don't know if any of you guys had any similar problems on your installs..any advice apprecited.cheers javed
 D3 Base, 19inchFFRR WHEELS,SATNAV,PARROT KIT,CHROME WING MIRRORSI, AUTOLOGIC REMAP AND a FAT CHOC LAB IN THE BACK.  
Post #36307621st Oct 2008 10:32 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Should be three wires: right, left and common earth. Dunno what he has done. Take it back and get him to fix.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #36312622nd Oct 2008 12:48 am
baja1969

no Red Blue or Black wires

hi all,

just attempted to do the ipod simple fit mod but couldnt find the red blue and black wires in the middle plug, i have a base model 58 plate disco 3 commercial manual, any idea's anybody.

I have taken out the stereo from the facia but there is only 2 connectors in the back one with 1 black wire and the other has multiple wires, is it possible to connect the aux input via these wires???

HELP
 Disco TD5 Commercial (now gone)

Disco TDV6 Commercial 09 spec 

Post #36502326th Oct 2008 2:47 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Mmmm strange ...this is the base model connectors

Click image to enlarge

One on the left has the connections for aux input...maybee you could try and push some pins in the missing holes
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #36504526th Oct 2008 3:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >