Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Autel Bluetooth diagnostic scanner - works okay for 50 quid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Typical! I talk about it and mine starts playing up. I have the original AP200, so lifetime free access with all the toys and for some reason it’s starting to not connect via Bluetooth and when it does, it’s taking aaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeees to run read a code. Hoping I can fix it as I’m guessing that if I replace, I’ll loose the lifetime access and revert to yr1 free then annual subscription Sad
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #23293478th Mar 2023 3:12 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Yes order direct if you can. It was slow when I did that (like 6 weeks) , but cheaper
I thought they had gone distributor only.

Post #23293518th Mar 2023 3:45 pm
ronald.soak

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

KevinD3 wrote:
Typical! I talk about it and mine starts playing up. I have the original AP200, so lifetime free access with all the toys and for some reason it’s starting to not connect via Bluetooth and when it does, it’s taking aaaaaaaaageeeeeeeeees to run read a code. Hoping I can fix it as I’m guessing that if I replace, I’ll loose the lifetime access and revert to yr1 free then annual subscription Sad

autelstore.co.uk still advertise lifetime access for a chosen manufacturer. Currently £57 and described as 2023 model
I cannot say what the capabilities of this version are.

Amazon list 2 white models. One which I assume is the same and a slightly dearer version which seems to require an annual subscription after the first 12 months. Probably true but I have often found Amazon's descriptions wildly inaccurate.

Edit. Apologies to earlier posters.
I recommend autelstore.co.uk if that is the model you want. Unfortunately there seems to be an amount of misleading advertising about.
The higher specified, subscription model in white is being described as AP200 but is actually the AP200M. I guess that the models requiring a subscription were a hard sell against the original white version. Solution make them white as well
and reduce the capability of the lifetime subscription model.

Disturbing reports of original models slowing down. Smells of an Apple like tactic to encourage owners to buy again. I will try to avoid any upgrades if possible. If it works now why let Autel break it?.

Post #23294159th Mar 2023 1:04 am
Bubblehead

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 3

Does anyone have any problems connecting to the Bluetooth for this device? My phone sees it, but it will not connect. Very frustrating!!
 2005 Disco3 HSE Auto 😁  
Post #232975811th Mar 2023 2:13 pm
hugeviking

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I had a problem with mine I updated the app on the phone and all OK

Andi

Post #232977711th Mar 2023 5:00 pm
G3Z

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mine is very temperamental now - frustrating isn’t the word for its connection issues and how slow it is. I won’t be renewing my subscription.
 Defender 110 2.4 TDCi Utility Station Wagon.

2007 Disco 3 GS TDV6 Manual
200,000+ mile club 😎 

Post #232978811th Mar 2023 6:42 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

You have a red one I guess?

It was never a quick device. But when it costed £46 ….

Post #232979211th Mar 2023 7:22 pm
G3Z

Yes - AP200M. It was fantastic for about 18-24 months. Then rapidly went down hill.

200,000+ mile club 😎 

Post #232979311th Mar 2023 7:37 pm
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Bubblehead wrote:
Does anyone have any problems connecting to the Bluetooth for this device? My phone sees it, but it will not connect. Very frustrating!!

Bubblehead, had the same issue, I removed it from my Bluetooth list “forget” and re added, then checked for firmware updates, appears to have done the trick.
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #232983812th Mar 2023 11:14 am
Bubblehead

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 3

I did try removing it, turning BT on and off a number of times with no luck. Then, randomly it just connected.
Odd. Can’t seem to see anything that says the app needs updating etc.
it does what I want from it every time, just really seems to be hit and miss as to whether it wants to connect or not.
But as said, for sub £50 I really can’t complain. Just have to plan an hour or so every time for what is generally a 5 minute job. Rolling with laughter
 2005 Disco3 HSE Auto 😁  
Post #232984512th Mar 2023 12:41 pm
G3Z

Mines exactly the same- connection issues and slow.

200,000+ mile club 😎 

Post #232984712th Mar 2023 12:48 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just found this where it says it includes the keys and suspension , 19 x functions , wished to share the link just in case it’s useful , alas haven’t used this company so can’t vouch for them

https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/wholesale/origi...anner.html

Post #233036417th Mar 2023 1:59 pm
Bracechenko

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I just bought one, received it yesterday, plugged it in and all works fine. Lifetime subscription for 1 manufacturer (obviously Land Rover) and payment for any others.

I haven't yet explored all of the options but initial impressions are extremely good. It read all of my codes, cleared the historic ones. Could show me live values for just about anything and had many special LR programs specific to my D3.

I intend on using it to do my suspension height calibration as a broken FBH exhaust melted an airline which caused all of the air to rush out. I've fixed that but think the whole thing needs calibrating so I'll report back on how well it manages to do this....the software does have this as a special program to try.

The fault which often returns (since my issue with the melted line) is 'C1A13-64 - Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery'. Seems this could be many things but I'll start with re-checking for any kinked airlines or further damage that I missed when I repaired the melted bit. Could also be an issue with the compressor exhaust valve but that's for another day.

Anyway - well impressed with my AP200 for £57!! If nothing else, just being able to read codes and clear codes is good enough but the live data & special programs (if they work) seems great value for money. The build quality seems good too - nice rubberised sides and clearly printed S/N's etc...not the usual Chinese Censored

EDIT : Special programs on Autel software don't work (such as suspension calibration!) Turns out it's a grey import (like most AP200's online) and therefore don't expect any of them to work in UK market. For £57, I have a code reader that can clear DTC's and read live values. Disappointed.

Last edited by Bracechenko on 20th Mar 2023 11:40 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #233037017th Mar 2023 3:05 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi , ref ur fault code, also read that the wires behind ur front passenger side wheel arch liner can cause issues , fingers crossed u don’t need to access that area

Hope it helps

C1A13-64 Pressure Does Not Decrease When Venting Gallery - Signal plausibility failure
Signal plausibility failure

Gallery pipe from rear valve block to suspension air supply unit blocked/damaged
Air suspension exhaust silencer or exhaust pipe blocked/restricted
Rear valve block pipes connected incorrectly
Pressure sensor fault
Exhaust valve stuck closed

Visually check the gallery pipes for evidence of melting, crushing, kinking or collapsing. If pipes appear sound, disconnect the pipe at both ends and check for free air flow. Repair/renew pipes as required, clear DTC and retest

Check the air suspension air supply unit exhaust silencer/exhaust pipe for blockages/restrictions. Repair as required, clear DTC and retest

Starting with the vehicle around normal height, using the manufacturer approved diagnostic system, open the exhaust valve. If the rear suspension height lowers quickly as soon as the exhaust valve is opened then a rear air spring pipe and the front gallery pipe are fitted to the rear valve block incorrectly. Rectify as required, clear DTC and retest

To check for a stuck exhaust valve, use the manufacturer approved diagnostic tool to run the suspension air supply unit until a gallery pressure of at least 500 Kpa is reached, then switch off the suspension air supply unit and ensure all valves are closed before opening the exhaust valve and noting any changes in gallery pressure.

If the gallery pressure drops quickly to between 125 Kpa and 250 Kpa at sea level (115 Kpa and 240 Kpa at 900m elevation, 105 Kpa and 230 Kpa at 1900m elevation, or 95 Kpa and 220 Kpa at 3000m elevation) then the exhaust valve is operating correctly. If the gallery pressure cannot vent quickly below 220 Kpa to 250 Kpa (elevation dependent, see above), then there is a fault with the air suspension system or its exhaust valve. Disconnect the 8mm delivery pipe from the delivery port on the back of the air dryer. Connect a calibrated pressure gauge tool directly into the delivery port. (Note that an 8mm connector will be required)

. Run the suspension air supply unit to generate 3 to 4 bar and then actuate the exhaust valve. If the pressure cannot vent quickly to between 0.25 bar and 1.5 bar then the exhaust valve is the likely cause of failure. In this case, check and install a new suspension air supply unit as required. If the pressure can vent quickly to between 0.25 bar and 1.5 bar then check for a blockage in the pipe between the compressor and the rear valve block, and/or a blockage in the rear valve block, and/or a pressure sensor fault.

In the case of a blocked pipe, repair or replace the faulty pipe as required. In the case of a blockage in the rear valve block or a pressure sensor fault, check and install a new rear valve block as required. Clear DTC and retest

Post #233038117th Mar 2023 5:13 pm
Bracechenko

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks gStuart - I needed to get the wheel arch cover off to do the repair on the air lines so I'll need to take it all off again to investigate further. Not too bad though as I always planned on going back in there to fit a new FBH exhaust that I've now bought.

Thanks for sharing the info, will take a good look at the wiring whilst there too!

Post #233039217th Mar 2023 8:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >