Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

At Last ! Every penny back on my Clocked D3 !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Its interesting that the D3 holds the original mileage elsewhere .... wherever that is Whistle

It pretty clear I have paperwork to confirm it can show a lower mileage .... 50k lower Censored

Its also pretty clear that everything works and it goes Laughing

.... just sorting out if I can ..... the approx £2k in value for the clocking !! The dealer dialougue at first was a classic 'fob off' ....

'it cant be clocked as LR cars won't go past 40 mph if someone tries to clock them Shocked as the ECU gets confused if someone tries to clock it Confused '

My response was .... 'great' 'brilliant' Thumbs Up

So explain 'why the recall sheets say it was over 134k in 2009 then and the MOT record indicates 124k then three months later 80k Whistle ' .....

Silence, Tumbleweed ..... Embarassed
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #122826131st Jan 2014 10:10 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #122826231st Jan 2014 10:12 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Bobs. I have to say I would be really annoyed and want to pursue the supplying garage for compensation. But I would also be thinking:
- Does the car run really well
- Has anything in the 6 months of ownership encouraged me to sell (bar the clocking)
- How much time, angst am I prepared to devote to righting the wrong
- If the dealer took it back, would I see that as a good thing for me
- Am I convinced I can wait for another D3 just like the one I thought I had
- Can I be sure that I will not have a different set of issues
- Is this a case of better the devil you know than the one you don't

At 130k miles in mine since I bought new, I know I am in a different position. But as things stand now, I would rather my high mileage car than changing to a lower mileage, newer car.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #122826931st Jan 2014 10:22 pm
Kingmav66

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Robbie wrote:
geoff. wrote:
and before anybody asks the MSV2 can't do it Thumbs Up

Hmmmm…….errr….. Censored

Laughing Laughing

Post #122827231st Jan 2014 10:24 pm
Bobs

Robbie

Whistle Tumbleweed ....must be a Manc thing .... Wink

The place was full and getting quite a crowd.... he was making the fuss and flapping as he was talking a load of Censored with is 'what you'll find is .... ' kind of comments .....

Barnie

Happy with the old girl ... just I feel an honest hard working guy .... who wants a vehicle to carry round the 4 kids and SWMBO safely ....

I dont want to be left with the £2k loss and the dealer to walk away effectively with that cash.

Posted also as think the MOT site with DVLA is a free and great way for new member to double check the car history ..... alot of advice on purchase questions on here and the more that say check the mileage then the less members will be caught out in future Thumbs Up
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.

Post #122827531st Jan 2014 10:27 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Understood Thumbs Up
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #122827831st Jan 2014 10:30 pm
Bobs

Clocking and HP firms

Finally getting somewhere on the 'clocking issue' .... Rolling Eyes

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic106927.html

Ok so I have a meeting with the garage on Monday .... Thumbs Up

....and after lots of 'web searches'.... I find that my issue .... which I originally thought were with the garage Whistle .... Citizens advice say are actually with ....

' if you purchase with a Hire Purchase agreement, your statutory rights will be solely with the finance company. ' Shocked

But its the garage who Censored it all up so any idea what happens Question

Is it better to deal with the HP company Question will they be be fair with me as the value and clocking of 50,000 miles is approx £1,700 Whistle

think the options of refund and another vehicle may have gone up in smoke due to this 'HP issue' but on the plus side they will chase the dealer .... and hopefully sort it all out as they actually own the vehicle Rolling Eyes Exclamation

Thoughts Laughing

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Merged with original thread on the same subject

Post #123633513th Feb 2014 8:27 pm
Bobs

Apologies just thought as it was an 'old' thread and would be easier to take forward as a new issue Embarassed

HP firm taking the issue to the dealer appears to be either good or bad thing .... Rolling Eyes

Post #123634913th Feb 2014 8:52 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I'm not an expert but I suspect it would come down to how proactive your finance company are and how vigorously they will pursue it.

It is in the interest of the finance company to loan you as much money as possible so they will be happy, however, they have inadvertantly lent you money based on a value that was not accurate due to the clocking. Rolling Eyes
They may ask what you want from all of this, and if they do, I would ask for a refund of more than you're willing to accept as, just like insurance companies, they can be notorius for knocking you down. Wink
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #123637113th Feb 2014 9:13 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The garage has defrauded the finance company.

The asset they have lent against is worth less due to inaccurate information being given by the garage.

The fact they have also stated the car had been checked through HPI and advertised the mileage I would suggest means they have knowingly done so which is even worse.

If you are prepared for the fight suggest this to the dealer and suggest that you both come to an amicable arrangement rather than getting the big finance company involved.

If you took out finance with the dealer's finance company then, if they deem the dealer responsible, he'll also lose his credit facility to his customers... wonder if they also provide him with his fleet finance?
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #123639113th Feb 2014 9:32 pm
gordons

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Can we get a load of d3's at the dealers at the same time?
 D3 SE MY55 [gone]
D3 HSE MY59 

Post #123642213th Feb 2014 10:08 pm
DerbyshireDisco

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

No advice to offer but would like to follow this interesting topic.
 Displaced Yorkshireman.
=^:^=
SDV6 Auto obviously, Loire blue/Ebony, ugly kid glass, RLD wheel protector, private plate and maybe side steps. 

Post #123643013th Feb 2014 10:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobs

Found this -

Credit and other payment methods -

If you buy a vehicle on hire purchase, you have the protection of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973. The vehicle should still be of satisfactory quality, fit for its purpose, and as described, but it is the finance provider, as owner, that is legally responsible to you as hirer.

The normal rules on 'acceptance' (in other words loss of right to reject the vehicle and seek refund) do not apply to hire-purchase or conditional sale agreements and, therefore, you may only lose your right to reject if you are aware of problems with the vehicle but continue to use it. This is a complicated area of law and you should seek advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service as soon as possible if you are looking to 'reject' a vehicle under a hire purchase agreement.

If you paid for the vehicle wholly or in part using a credit card or a finance agreement arranged for you by the trader, then you may be able to hold the finance provider 'equally liable' (which means equally to blame) for a 'breach of contract' (such as selling faulty or misdescribed goods). You can also hold the finance provider equally liable if the trader misrepresented the vehicle to you. These additional rights apply if the cost of the vehicle was below £30,000.

After the dealer meeting on Monday I will be on the phone to HP company so should have a clearer picture Monday whatever happens ..... Whistle

Post #123728215th Feb 2014 5:12 pm
G_Cam

Scotland 2013 Discovery 3 3.0 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 3

Have you contacted the CAB?
Or checked to see if you have 'free' legal cover on your car or house insurance?

Might help to add some weight to the argument from the legal POV....
 1 TR6 Rusting away quietly
1 FARR UTV SOLD
1 International Harvester SOLD
7 x D3 all SOLD
2 x D4 both SOLD
1 x Mrs D4 'Panther' SOLD
1 x Outlander van SOLD
1 continual stream of car parts and me living in the garage... 

Post #123743415th Feb 2014 10:11 pm
Bobs

Yeah been through it all with CAB .... and I'll check the legal cover thanks .... Thumbs Up

Pretty good with most legal things and do alot of checking and preparing

Thats how I found all the other work I had done was really relevant to HP company as well ....

Dealers are hard work but they paid up £600 ... 6 months ago for new brakes and pads after an issue on repair after they Censored it up ....

It may be a blessing ....but till I see what the dealer says Monday ... then I'll then go to the HP company ...

Before making any final decision (if I have one) I'll get her checked over (again) ..... as she carries around my 4 kids Rolling Eyes

Flack hoping to fit me in soon to double check Thumbs Up

Indy did the 105k service which as it transpires may have been done twice Whistle he said she has had a hard life but she was safe .... Question

Post #123744915th Feb 2014 10:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >