Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

At Last ! Every penny back on my Clocked D3 !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks all for words of support/interest .... Very Happy

Narpy Thumbs Up

Fully agree with you my friend ....I realise thats where it will probably end up ....

Just following each avenue methodically so if it ends up in court then it shows I have followed the rules to the letter ..... Whistle

There are many worse off than me and I class this as a bit of fun and a challenge or opportunity to get something better ... at worst I will end up with what I have ...(just with more mileage and hopefully a lower loan/HP) ... so not that much of a sorry tale ... after all 'any day above ground is a good day Exclamation '

If I had known the site existed when I purchase her last year I would have bought off here...

or is that brought Rolling with laughter off here....

If for some reason I get to start again I will still have a D3 and best case scenario a 'proper one' with a service history... so I thought its worth trying for that first (hence thats why this is an opportunity) Whistle

Its all my fault for trusting people .... life for me is too short not too...

At the time two of my family were having issues/checks for cancer and I had the stroke and heart issue ... so with baby no 4 about to be born my head was up a place where the sun didn't shine Rolling Eyes

Upwards on onwards Laughing I am your worst nightmare if someone lies to me though as I am like dog with a bone when crossed .... Snigger
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #124032721st Feb 2014 10:38 am
Bobs

The Dealer came back late Friday saying the VOSA/MOT papers and Land Rover recall history ( both on the Vin Number by the way ) ... may be inaccurate and they wanted the car for a days inspection .... Laughing

Censored no chance.... they are not having the D3 for any length of time without me being present.

They had the details and paperwork for over 4 weeks and not acted on any of it ... Shocked

Let the fun begin.... they had their chance to do the right thing Rolling Eyes

All the information has gone to HP firm Friday .... they will respond within 5 days Exclamation which is refreshing ....

Citizens Advice will also forward the issue onto Trading Standards ....

CA said I can also claim for Consequential Damages – due to misrepresentation in other words anything I have a receipt for....

My other concern was linked to the amount of the claim ..... was it only limited to the Finance Amount Question

CA said no ... its the full transaction amount and the consequential costs Bow down

They also said the dealers are subregated agents and the HP firm in law technically employ the dealers .... so anything said by either party reflects in my claim by law.

CA said if you buy a vehicle on hire purchase, you have the protection of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973.

The vehicle should be of satisfactory quality (due to the increased wear of parts and that the mileage is 51,000 more than advertised) it was not accurately described and falsely advertised. As the finance provider, being the owner, they are legally responsible to me as the hirer.

Interesting Whistle
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.

Post #124192523rd Feb 2014 10:56 pm
Rpp999

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I have been following this post with great interest. I am sure along with others that with the perseverance that you have shown you will get the justice you deserve.
Good luck.

Post #124194523rd Feb 2014 11:18 pm
nickprice

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I had some issues with a UK company that did some work on my D3. After getting nowhere with them - they said it was uneconmical for them to do the work! - I contacted Trading Standards (who were very helpful Thumbs Up ). As recommended, I sent a recorded delivery copy of all correspondance together with an assertion of their obligations under the Sales of Goods Act and a few days later they contacted me to say they'll do the work. This was after weeks of too-ing and fro-ing.

Best of luck with this, I'm sure you'll have a positive outcome as it seems pretty cut and dry.

No such luck here in NL, I had to go to court to get my money back!
 D3 SE with Hankook MT 275/65/R18, IID BT Tool, ProSpeed rock/tree sliders + compressor guard, RLD sump guard & winch tray + 13,000lb hidden winch, Gearbox guard, Frontrunner 80l aux tank with fuel gauge, V8 brake upgrade, Traxide USI-160 dual battery system, Frontrunner ladder, custom boot storage, Lazer LED driving lights, de-cat exhaust, Aftermarket Oro TPMS, i7 Mac Mini touch screen install (running Windows 10) mirrored on rear screens.  
Post #124200824th Feb 2014 6:39 am
Bobs

Sublime to the ridiculous Snigger

So papers went to the HP firm Saurday ....

Phone call lunch time from a Private Motor Investigator appointed by the HP company ... Whistle

Like the Magnum PI of the motor world .... knowledgable guy been doing the role 29 years .... went through everything for 45mins and he was clear and concise on the way forward .... good and bad ... Neutral
Top bloke thats all I asked for the truth and some activity Exclamation

He is organising a vehicle inspection ( with me as witness throughout ) ... then he compiles his report.

The HP company act on the report and put forward a proposal for resolution .... Professionals at last .... Bow down

Maybe not all geared towards me financially but better then nothing happening at all Whistle

Post #124297125th Feb 2014 9:28 pm
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Looking at used cars recently, I've found this thread very useful.
I was going to say best of luck... but it's not luck, it's hard work.
I hope you get the outcome you clearly deserve. Thumbs Up

Post #124300325th Feb 2014 10:12 pm
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Absolutely good news.

Just make sure that although you know you'll not get anything financially, the vehicle should be in the condition you expected when you were sold it.

You obviously like the car and now you know it's a high miler, ensuring everything is up to standard is priority.

Post #124300425th Feb 2014 10:12 pm
Bobs

Didn't want to tempt fate but the investigator said a 51k is an excessive 'clock' Shocked

No Censored Sherlock Exclamation Laughing

He feels the recommendation would be to be have a refund and return of vehicle in those circumstances - i.e:

- The full value back of the transaction HP and trade in value of my old car.
- A percentage of the money spent on consequential costs i.e. 105k service (as it could be argued it didnt need to be done) and other parts

less the value for me driving it and adding mileage since purchase.....

Until I see the maths and other financials I am not holding my breath ... as he is also a medium between us all the HP company, Me and the dealership..... thats where he earns his money Whistle

So if one of the other parties feels that shouldnt happen it may go in another direction Rolling Eyes

Post #124301925th Feb 2014 10:30 pm
MikeyRules

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ah Bobs at least as you say you now have some action!

Stay positive fella, and I'm sure everything will work out in the end! Thumbs Up

Do you have a preference?

Money back and buy a new one, or would you rather keep the old girl?
 It's better to burn out, than fade away...

Post #124302925th Feb 2014 10:43 pm
waterbuoy

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

From what you have said Bob I'd suggest that you wait until he makes his recommendations.

If it is a full 'reimbursement' of x amount, and you are not happy with that, you might then be able to argue for a cash settlement with you keeping the vehicle now that you seem to be getting it sorted.
 Currently 2009 Disco 3 SE, 2013 MY D4 HSE and 2016 D4 SE
Previously:
TD5 Defender 110 CSW (230k miles)
300TDi Disco 1 (289k)
4 RR Classics (300-350k each, 2 manual, 2 auto)
110 V8 CSW (220k)
S3 109 hi cap pickup (ex RN)
S2A 88 Safari SW with lpg conversion (bloody lethal) 

Post #124303025th Feb 2014 10:44 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

He's looking to get enough compo the by a new D4 , retire and not work again Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #124303225th Feb 2014 10:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
waterbuoy

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Rolling with laughter

How was the head on Saturday morning old bean?
 Currently 2009 Disco 3 SE, 2013 MY D4 HSE and 2016 D4 SE
Previously:
TD5 Defender 110 CSW (230k miles)
300TDi Disco 1 (289k)
4 RR Classics (300-350k each, 2 manual, 2 auto)
110 V8 CSW (220k)
S3 109 hi cap pickup (ex RN)
S2A 88 Safari SW with lpg conversion (bloody lethal) 

Post #124303425th Feb 2014 10:46 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

Head was fine thanks Chap, guts on the other hand is a different story, I was so bloated with curry, naan and rice etc on the night not to mention the beers and a bottle of wine, that when I finally got in I had to sit up for an hour or so before I was comfortable to go to bed Rolling with laughter

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Post #124303525th Feb 2014 10:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobs

Read that as sit ups for an hour Shocked ... then I re- read it ..... Rolling with laughter

Post #124304225th Feb 2014 10:52 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

Sit-ups Shocked

You've met me, does that feel likely ?

Rolling with laughter

PM me for details

Post #124305225th Feb 2014 10:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >