Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

At Last ! Every penny back on my Clocked D3 !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>
IanT599

United Kingdom 

Was it all HP or any on a Credit Card? Must be credit card not debit card.

You can then file a claim to the credit card under 'section 75' as the credit card is part responsible for the purchase.

Not sure of the full rules as SWMBO is in bed drunk. She worked for Nationwide Credit Cards so knows more.
 Ian
No longer a LR owner
2018 BMW M240i
2011 FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Gone
2004 TD5 ES - Gone
2008 TDV6 G4 -Sold and missed very much 

Post #123745115th Feb 2014 10:29 pm
Bobs

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Big Cry just HP of £6k and equity or the 'trade in' £4k....

I will ask for refund etc etc as I have a few members offering help and also trusted D3's if I get my money out .....

Just I feel I won't be in control of the resolution initially .... but I'm not the sort to be fobbed off either ... Rolling Eyes
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
D4 rear upgrade - Narpys helped with that bit
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.
B.A.S - FBHIC. Uncle Rays spare wheel protector. Beanie Silver Black badges. 

Post #123746615th Feb 2014 10:45 pm
Bobs

Up against the incorrect servicing intervals and increased wear and tear costs .... and carrying round my 4 kids .... its a 50/50 based on the events/information that will be gained over the next few days ....

Clive (CDS) checked the terrain response today for me as that holds the mileage as well Bow down

Terrain Response Module records km = 278,368 ....converted to miles = 172,970

odometer = 122,012 .... 50,958 miles less Rolling with laughter

Its making sure it a fair reflection .... I agree .... those in the know on here say its a min of £1,700 difference in value .... then recouping the money spent on parts etc Question

Then its wether -
~ its safe
~ 51k more mileage is alot of wear / expense of repair arriving quicker than expected
~ incorrect servicing schedule over last 50k
~ could I ever sell her in a few years Whistle

Will know more Monday Rolling Eyes and have other options lined up ( D3 ) if I can get out of it ok .... but doubt it Shocked
 D4 Front upgrade/cut back wings n things 'taking a long time but getting there'.
Flack for problem solving and D4 Bluetooth Install/ D4 Heated Steering wheel with Flappy paddles n BBS enabling kit
Disco Mikeys work - Serviced, EGR blanking and 4x4 software upgrade, 3 flash indicators.

Post #123794416th Feb 2014 10:57 pm
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

At least you can see that it hasn't been off roaded Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

For the record, I've just compared the same on mine.....Terrain response km's equates to 72,742, whereas my odometer is showing 72,780 meaing the record in the terrain response is conservative by 38 miles.

I'm guessing that if that slight inaccuracy is taken into account that your D3 has been clocked by 51,000 miles.......

There is of course a chance, as Bodsy suggested to me today, that it's simply had a new/ second hand instrument pack fitted at some point and somebody has 'accidently' lost the invoice for this.....

I'm guessing that there will be a VIN mis-match on the instrument pack if that's the case - which we didn't check today.....

Of course, all this is academic in your current situation Shocked

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #123797517th Feb 2014 12:12 am
alex_pescaru

Those terrain response value(s) can be altered so quickly and easily...
Either the person(s) that rolled back the odo was(were) a newbie or he/they didn't care...

Don't know how it's on D3, but on F2 it's like this (quote from the manual):

The odometer display can show 6 characters and distances up to 999,999 miles or kilometers. The value is stored in a protected area of the instrument clusters Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM) every 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) of vehicle travel. Backup odometer values are also stored in the following modules:
• Central junction box
• ABS control module
• Engine control module
• Restraints control module
• Driver door control module
• Passenger door control module.
The odometer values in these modules are sent to the instrument cluster over the MS CAN bus within the first 2 seconds of the vehicle entering power mode 6 (ignition ON). If the values received are the same, the cluster determines the odometer value has not been tampered with. If any value is outside of a 186 mile (300 kilometer) window the instrument cluster stores a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and will display the majority value.

So a proper job must alter all the values stored on all these locations. It's not hard, but it must be known. Once altered on these locations, the instrument cluster will show the new value automatically. In other words, the instruments are plug-n-play, once inserted it will show the real odo collected from all the above.

Post #123801317th Feb 2014 9:11 am
Bobs

alex_pescaru - Interesting that no other vehicle storage 'area' appears to be changed..... Question

From your thread its weird that if all other areas on the vehicle do show the higher mileage then the odometer didn't pick up those values and show the correct total's ..... Rolling Eyes

I don't feel the forum is an ideal area to discuss the why's and wherefores of 'how' to do it .... just In my case withe the MOT/VOSA history we can see the period it was done... Big Cry A lesson learn't although as discussed wasnt a good time for the 'family' at the time ....

After today though I have to wait for values and options being agreed before I am given a choice of a way forward ... Yawn

Post #123833717th Feb 2014 9:24 pm
MikeyRules

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Any updates yet Bobs?

Have they offered you a new D4 HSE Luxury yet with gold plated knobs on? Razz
 It's better to burn out, than fade away...

Post #123923519th Feb 2014 2:07 pm
Bobs

well Snigger

The meeting was sort of a meeting ....as its half term had all 4 kids in tow and still walking a little 'gingerly' Yawn

So we went into an interview room and she took out the papers (I had provided) three weeks earlier then a file with my emails etc.,

She hadn't read a thing or got any copies of service history or the original HPI check Embarassed ...

.... bit disappointing after 2 weeks waiting for the meeting in the first place Shocked

From there it picked up as she seemed genuinely apologetic .... she asked for 36 hours ... chased by polite email early am to advise I expect an answer today .... so heres hoping Whistle

Or the short version .... No news yet Rolling with laughter

Post #123924219th Feb 2014 2:27 pm
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

You have to bear in mind that most garages selling vehicle know naff all about them - it's just a product to them.....so you've asked quite a lot from them to actually get their heads around an o.....d....o....m....e....t....e....r Rolling with laughter

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #123924719th Feb 2014 2:36 pm
Bobs

Or to be just a human being and say 'we are not going to look into it ...' and just be truthful...

Well I was promised an answer by last night ... just chased again now as recieved nothing yesterday ... and I find its her day off today Shocked .. so looks like I will have to wait until tomorrow Snigger

Why promise to come back to me at all Question why was she polite and promising to answer me as its v important to her Rolling with laughter ...

Why do people do that and don't do anything Censored why Question Question even an email to say 'sorry it'll be Fri now'...... would have been better than nothing Big Cry

I wouldnt mind but it costs them in more messing about Exclamation

They know all the information and had it over 4 weeks now.... they sat on it for 1 week .... arranged a meeting in two weeks time ... had that meeting Monday .... and I'm still non the wiser Shocked or should it be Rolling with laughter

Post #123984120th Feb 2014 2:49 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

I would consider spending £50 on a solicitors letter to them a worth while investment Thumbs Up

Post #124013820th Feb 2014 10:37 pm
Bobs

I am keeping my powder dry ... Exhausting the dealer route first.... Rolling Eyes

Final day for them tomorrow ....

All nicely ticking over with lovely evidenced and acknowledged emails Very Happy

Then Monday onto the HP company , same route , but quicker as all the work already done with the dealership Whistle so it's just a case of cut and paste on a few emails Wink

Then it's the small claim courts and sheriffs .... If I need to Thumbs Up

Post #124019721st Feb 2014 12:09 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I really hope you get out of this whatever you want but in reality, and this is only my opinion, at best, you'll only ever get a reduction on the amount of finance you have with the credit company.
If it was me, I wouldn't be expecting a cheque to come dancing through my letter box because, as has already been pointed out, the deal is with the finance company and the dealership.
Nobody is likely to admit any sort of liability but if you do get somewhere at the end of this terrible tale, I just hope the finance is reduced enough to ease your concerns and take most of the hassle away.

Best of luck with it and do keep the pressure on. Thumbs Up
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #124020821st Feb 2014 12:34 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

Fingers crossed for you Bobs - keep pushing away at them and I really hope you get some resolution today Thumbs Up (Or later through the finance company)
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #124030621st Feb 2014 10:02 am
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Fingers crossed buddy.
I had a similar situation a few years ago and you are certainly going the right way about it. Persistence, a calm head and studious recording of all events is the way to get a resolution.

In the end I got the car fully serviced with all items that should have been replaced at service points in the "missing" miles, and a full check by an independent party of my choice that no additional wear and tear had been caused due to anything being missed. As well as £700 back (the difference in value, as it wasn't on finance)

But IIRC it took 3 months of back and forth before they even started taking any action.

Post #124031221st Feb 2014 10:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >